[BL- Matchday 18] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old January 21st, 2016, 15:30 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL- Matchday 18] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund

Matchday 18
Saturday 23.01.2016
kick-off 18:30

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2016, 07:55
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Wow its back to business, I'm glad the Buli is back. Well I must say Borussia Monchengladbach is not the same team that we hammered 0-4 at the beginning of the season, they are can cause us a lot of problems. To be honest somehow I lost track of our pre season, so I don't know how sharp our guys are but I'm pretty optimistic hopefully we can grind out the victory

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2016, 10:01 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

we had a pretty good preseason and i was able to see the second half of our last match vs Sparta Prag which we won 3-1. our boys are ready and seem to be very motivated to make a good start into the year 2016, despite the fact that they know it will get tough versus Gladbach.

Gladbach will miss midfielder and heart of the team Granit Xhaka due to his red card in the last game. Jonas Hofman wont make it to the starting eleven as well.

We will miss Marcel Schmelzer (Park will take his spot) but otherwise we can fire out of all cylinders! will be a great match to watch!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2016, 10:04 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-ups according to kicker.de:

Sommer - Korb, A. Christensen, Hinteregger (Dominguez/Stranzl), Wendt - Dahoud, Nordtveit - Traoré, F. Johnson - Raffael, Stindl
Coach: Schubert

Bürki - Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, J.-H. Park - Gündogan, Weigl, Castro (Kagawa) - H. Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Reus
Coach: Tuchel

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old January 22nd, 2016, 11:28 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

The Bundesliga is back! After a 34-day winter break, Borussia Dortmund will recommence their campaign at Borussia Mönchengladbach on Saturday evening. Historically, BVB have the marginally better record (30 wins, 29 defeats) but have scored one goal fewer than VfL. Here are the match facts.

Facts on the fixture

Gladbach have squandered a 1-0 lead against BVB on 21 occasions, losing in eight matches and sharing the spoils in the other 13. That is a Bundesliga record.
BVB have only beaten Frankfurt more often than that from a losing position (nine).
There have been goals in the last 37 clashes between the sides. The last 0-0 came at the Bökelberg on 17 April 1994.
The last BVB away victory came on 3 October 2009 - 1-0 thanks to a Lucas Barrios goal. BVB have not scored more than once against VfL in each of their last nine visits to Mönchengladbach.

Facts on VfL Borussia

Mönchengladbach have only lost one of their 12 league games under Andre Schubert (5-0 in Leverkusen on 12/12/2015).
VfL have only kept a clean sheet in one of their last nine matches (0-0 against Ingolstadt on 7/11/2015).
Only two teams have scored more than Mönchengladbach, who have scored considerably more goals (34) than at the same point last season (25).
However, only two clubs have conceded more often. Mönchengladbach have already let in more goals (30) than they did in the whole of last season (26).
Gladbach have won their last three home games and are unbeaten in their own back yard in their last seven. The last time was a 3-0 loss to Hamburg on 11/9/2015.

How important is the first goal?

Mönchengladbach have not lost any of their last nine matches in which they opened the scoring to make it 1-0. Their last defeat after taking the lead came on 23/5/2015, when they were beaten 3-1 by Augsburg.
Dortmund have come back from behind to take points in four matches - more than any team in the league!

Facts on Dortmund

Borussia Dortmund have the highest goals tally in the division (47) - well over double the amount they had scored by the same point last season (18).
BVB have scored at least three goals in ten of their matches - no other team in the league has managed this!
In a run stretching back into last season, the Black and Yellows have scored at least one goal in each of their last 24 games.
Only Bayern Munich have won away more often (six times) than Borussia Dortmund (five). BVB have already racked up more away victories this season than in the whole of last season (four).

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2016, 04:28
Rising Star

...So records show that the last time we won at Borussia Park was back in 2009, that's a worrying factor cause Montchengladbach will want to maintain that record, we'll have to watch out for their counter attacks because the last time I checked we have been so vulnerable to counters...I'm hoping for a great match with a great atmosphere...

Edmund Burke
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2016, 11:43
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
The absence of Schmelzer will be a blow considering he's so good going especially going forward, heck I even prefer Durm at LB rather than Park, to hell with the weak foot.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2016, 18:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I think Tuchel just made a mistake by taking out Reus for Ginter. 20 minutes to go is too early to start defending. We will see if it will come back hurting Dortmund.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2016, 19:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Good counter after a wasted attempt by Gladbach and now it looks like it was the right move.

I mean after all Tuchel is a coach in the Bundesliga and I am not.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old January 23rd, 2016, 23:20
Rising Star

Damn didn't get the chance to watch the match but it seems like we played well, a 1-3 win is awesome...gonna watch the highlights later...

Edmund Burke
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2016, 14:12
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
I think Tuchel just made a mistake by taking out Reus for Ginter. 20 minutes to go is too early to start defending. We will see if it will come back hurting Dortmund.
Ginter wasn't introduced for Dortmund to start defending, he was subbed on to strenghten the midfield. And it turned out to be a decent move.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2016, 14:29
Forum Manager
Legend

At the moment it happened it was Gladbach with some pressure and definitely Ginter is a more defensive player than Reus, so yes, it was a defensive substitution.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2016, 15:24
International

Quote:
At the moment it happened it was Gladbach with some pressure and definitely Ginter is a more defensive player than Reus, so yes, it was a defensive substitution.
More defensive for sure but that's not the point. Ginter can play as a defensive midfielder and as a left midfielder. He's already played in the midfield several times this season. The fact that he was subbed on to replace Castro who is also a midfielder shows that Tuchel was trying to strengthen the midfield and not allow Gladbach any space, not strenghten the defense, otherwise he would have subbed off someone like Hummels or Sokratis.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2016, 15:37
Forum Manager
Legend

He was subbed in for Reus, not Castro. I think I mentioned that already twice before in the thread.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2016, 15:57
International

Quote:
He was subbed in for Reus, not Castro. I think I mentioned that already twice before in the thread.
Could be, from what I recall it was Castro but it could have been Reus. My point still stands though, he was subbed in for a midfielder to strenghten the midfield and play in a position that he is familiar with.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 17:13
Rising Star

... I just love how the team plays, looks like our passing is getting better and better, those three goals came from team effort, the players understand each others movement and the way they cover each others backs is just great. I'm pretty optimistic that we can build the momentum...

Edmund Burke
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2016, 18:11
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie_ View Post
... I just love how the team plays, looks like our passing is getting better and better, those three goals came from team effort, the players understand each others movement and the way they cover each others backs is just great. I'm pretty optimistic that we can build the momentum...
It's certainly refreshing to see but Dortmund have always played quick attacking football like that, except for the first half of last season which was horrendous. It's a good sign of things to come, Mkhitaryan especially has been performing a lot better than in the past two seasons and that obviously helps the team a lot. But I'm still waiting to see what he can do when it matters the most.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2016, 08:21
Rising Star

Indeed, though I doubt Bayern Munchen will drop the eight points lead over us, but with a top notch performances from the likes of Miki, Reus, Gundogan, PEA etc I believe we can clinch the Europa League or the Pokal...

Edmund Burke
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2016, 08:57 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

great team performance but what annoys me the most is that we beat teams like Gladbach quite confidently but manage to drop points against Köln Hamburg...
PEA missed some good chances as well but ok, 1 day off is acceptable i think ;-)

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2016, 13:18
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
It's certainly refreshing to see but Dortmund have always played quick attacking football like that, except for the first half of last season which was horrendous. It's a good sign of things to come, Mkhitaryan especially has been performing a lot better than in the past two seasons and that obviously helps the team a lot. But I'm still waiting to see what he can do when it matters the most.

Yeah Miki is performing extremely well, Kudos to him, the assist against Monchengladbach has made him the king of assists, he has overtaken Mesut Ozil to the crown with 17 at the moment, I hope he can continue in this vein...

Edmund Burke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in