poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL- Matchday 17] 1. FC Köln vs Borussia Dortmund

Matchday 17 - Saturday 19.12.2015
kick-off: 15:30

vs

Final game of the in the end successful year 2015. We're still participating in all competitions and found back to our line after a mediocre season 2014/2015. On Saturday we can expect some changes in our line-up in comparision to the DFB Pokal victory against Augsburg. Bender and Reus are injured, as well as Durm and Sahin, and most likely Tuchel will replace Pisczek with Ginter and Kagawa coming in for Ramos.

I expect sth like that:
------------Bürki
Ginter-Sokratis-Hummels-Schmelzer
---------Weigl-Gündogan
---Mhkitaryan-Kagawa-Castro
----------Batman

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2015, 13:59
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
We need to finish the year on a high note and that means a lose or draw is not accepted, we need those 3 points , FC Koln sits on the 10th position in the standings and we are 2nd they have the home advantage and we have the form advantage, I again count on our skipper Hummels to continue his good form in the back... Fc Koln 1-3 Borussia Dortmund is my prediction...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2015, 16:25 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

hope we dont conceed a goal as Köln traditionally sucks upfront. Modeste just seems to lost his touch from the first matches and we have to finish them off already in first half with a 0-2 lead. they are a defensively very well organized team, like augsburg, so we have to find the spaces to create the opportunities we need. i really hope that our midfield consists of Shinji, Micky and Gonzalo because then we could rely very on their ideas.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2015, 16:28 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Match facts

Fair play is a key part of this fixture: in 80 Bundesliga meetings between the clubs there have only been two sending-offs (for Jörg Heinrich and Olaf Janßen). There have never been any dismissals when the two clubs have met in Cologne.

Borussia Dortmund have lost only one of their last 13 matches against 1. FC Köln - last season's away game.

Few goals vs. goals galore: only in this season's matches involving Ingolstadt have there been fewer goals (28) than in those involving 1. FC Köln (36). By contrast, there have been goals galore in Borussia Dortmund's games: 67 in total - more than any other club in the league.

If ever the German Bundesliga wanted to market itself to an international audience, then this particular club pairing would surely play a central role. After all, the West Derby between 1. FC Köln and Borussia Dortmund has everything that makes football so brilliant: spectacle and emotions combined with fairness both in the stands and on the pitch. Here are the match facts.
Match facts

Fair play is a key part of this fixture: in 80 Bundesliga meetings between the clubs there have only been two sending-offs (for Jörg Heinrich and Olaf Janßen). There have never been any dismissals when the two clubs have met in Cologne.
Borussia Dortmund have lost only one of their last 13 matches against 1. FC Köln - last season's away game.
Few goals vs. goals galore: only in this season's matches involving Ingolstadt have there been fewer goals (28) than in those involving 1. FC Köln (36). By contrast, there have been goals galore in Borussia Dortmund's games: 67 in total - more than any other club in the league.

Facts on 1. FC Köln

The men from the Rhineland are winless in four, and have only one victory in their last eight (a 2-1 win in Leverkusen on 7 November).

Only Hoffenheim have had more draws than 1. FC Köln, for whom six games have ended in a stalemate, including three of their last four.

They have not won at home in five or scored at home in four. The last three points in front of their own fans came in a 1-0 win over Mönchengladbach on 19 September.

Facts on Borussia Dortmund

BVB have won seven of their last eight games and have scored at least one goal in each of their last 23 matches.

Borussia have scored more goals than any other team in the league (46). It is almost three times as many as at the same point last season (17).

The Black and Yellows have won three of their last four away games. No other team has more away wins than them (five).

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2015, 21:03
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
On paper BVB is superior but Koln can cause an upset at any time, especially in Rhineland but nonetheless I predict a 1-2 in favor of Dortmund
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2015, 11:24 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

patience and efficiency will be key in this last match. Köln can defend well and does not allow many chances at home, therefore our offensive line has to use any opportunity.
a pity that our 1-0 scorer Reus can not participate...

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2015, 19:34
Rising Star

I'm so disappointed by this loss, this is a game which I really wanted us to win going into the christmas break, how can we let our lead slip away like that?..First half we were not bad but the second half we looked disjointed and in the final 10 minutes we let 3 important points slip away, but hey that's the game of football and credit must be given to FC Koln for their resilience...

Edmund Burke
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2015, 06:39 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

yeah, disappointed with that performance as well. not with the loss, more with the effort and concentration we try to gain the 3 points. Looked as if we were so certain to win this match after the 0-1 by Socratis that the whole team was in the 1st gear for most of the second half. The christmas presents by Bürki on the 1-1 and the nonchalance by Schmelzer and PEA on the game winner were just annoying.

Nevertheless, we played a good first half of the season. Hope the team can keep up this level and secure the CL spot as early as possible!

Merry Christmas to all of you and have a great start into the New Year!!!

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2015, 08:51
Rising Star

Same to you Mich...

Edmund Burke
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2015, 14:47
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
Damn the winter break came nine
minutes too late, had it came in the 81st minute we would have been the happier team on the day.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2015, 06:58 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

not only happier, just the luckier one. we just did not deserve more in Köln on that day

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in