[DFB Pokal - k.o. stage 1/16 ] FC Augsburg vs Borussia Dortmund - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2015, 10:07 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[DFB Pokal - k.o. stage 1/16 ] FC Augsburg vs Borussia Dortmund

DFB Pokal - knockout stages
16.12.2015 - kick-off: 20:30

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2015, 11:34
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Good match. Unfortunately can't watch but this should be good.

Testmatch for the Liverpool encounter.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2015, 11:40 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

with the recent form Augsburg is having, it will get very tricky to overcome them on their homeground. they just have found themselves and their defence looked much more stable in the last games. Will definetly watch it if they broadcast it on freetv

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2015, 18:53
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
An away match is always tricky, but if Hummels can play like he did against Eintracht Frankfurt I'm sure we won't have any problems...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2015, 15:52 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-ups:

Hitz - Verhaegh, Hong, Klavan, Stafylidis - Kohr, Baier - Bobadilla, Trochowski, Ji - Matavz

Bürki - Ginter, Sokratis, Subotic, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Weigl, Kagawa - H. Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Castro

after their 3 games winning streak Augsburg will be a strong opponent tonight but of course we should have the quality to beat them, even away. Heja BVB

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2015, 16:28 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

1-2 and we're through

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2015, 04:36
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinho View Post
1-2 and we're through
0-2 and we're through Lol..... The team really did well last night, starting from Burki its been a while since he kept a clean sheet so though he didn't have much to deal with but those 2 one on one saves against Bobadilla was something else. Hummels had a great game too, great way of celebrating his 27th birthday, hoping to see him continue in this vein. Miki was great except that glorious miss of course, Ramos and Castro were alright though Imo Ramos tries too hard. But the main turning point of the match came with the intro of the Samurai and the movement of PEA to the CF position. So it was a well deserved victory, a Klassiker Finale is on the cards now....

Edmund Burke
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2015, 08:25
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
It was great win but the sad part is that BVB lost Bender to an injury, a player who was starting to play so well at CB, I hope its nothing serious.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2015, 10:28 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

fell asleep in the 50th minute... first half was pretty boring, despite PEA'S chance after nice assist by Micky. Good to see that we won the game without conceeding and that we were able to keep Augsburg away from the dangerous area.

Tuchels starting line-up was a bit a surprise to me, but i think he just wants to start with Shinjo on the weekend against Köln. Pisczek and Schmelzer were a bit too limited and predictable yesterday..

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2015, 10:29 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Stuttgart next

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2015, 12:01 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

some post match comments

Thomas Tuchel: „in the first half we were quite dogged in the way we built up the play. In the second half we were much better at finding spaces. The frequency of our passing was at a higher rate, we played with more tempo. It got better step by step. It was not easy to stay patient. I am happy that we stayed patient, that we were compact and deserved to win in the end."

Mats Hummels: „it was perfect. It was a difficult game where we coped very well and deserved to win. Now we have reached the quarter finals of the Cup. The whole situation is looking very good for us at the moment. The opponent ended up getting exhausted, they lost concentration for a moment, they took one step less. Augsburg really gave a lot in the first half. We knew that we had to stay patient. We were very concentrated in the way we played, we did not often lose the ball in dangerous areas. We have moved a step forward."

Roman Bürki: „we didn't make it easy for ourselves. Augsburg defended well. Bobadilla is always dangerous. We fought right up to the end and we deserved to win."

Markus Weinzierl (FCA): „we are not satisfied, because we have been knocked out. But we also played against a very good opponent. It is not our aim to dictate the game. We wanted to defend well. We had a huge chance through Bobadilla in the 56.minute. After Dortmund hit us twice it was difficult for us to bounce back. It is not enough to just defend well against BVB."

Daniel Baier (FCA): „it is difficult to not make any mistakes in defense against Dortmund. Unfortunately we could not do it. When the score was 0-0 we had a huge chance to take the lead. If we would have made the most of that chance the game would have maybe ended differently."

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2015, 14:11
Rising Star

According to Euro Club Index we have overtaken Chelsea FC we are now in 10th position following our win against FC Augsburg, these rankings might not mean much but for a team that was in the drop zone last season, we are certainly heading in the right direction...
Attached Images

Edmund Burke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in