Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL- Matchday 15] VFL Wolfsburg vs Borussia Dortmund

Matchday 15 - Saturday 05.12.2015
kick-off: 18:30

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2015, 12:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
If I counted right, Wolfsburg is unbeaten in 29 home games in a row in the Bundesliga (up until the 1-6 against Bayern in 2013/2014) so this should be a proper top match.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2015, 15:29 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

top match for sure, especially as our away record is not bad as well this season.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2015, 15:41
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
This will be a hard one to predict but for me I predict a draw

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2015, 16:07
Forum Manager
Legend

I'll go with a home win, don't want the race for second place to be too boring early in the season.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2015, 00:44
International

Considering Borussia's horrible away record against Wolfsburg in recent years, this will be a tight encounter. If they can't win, they will only have themselves to blame as Wolfsburg have been incredibly poor so far this season. They are there for the taking.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2015, 06:35 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

incredibly poor is a bit harsh, isnt't it? they are just not on their last years level but have shown in several matches what they are capable of.

Biggest problem for us right now is that all of Hummels, Socratis and Weigl are ill and highly doubtful for tomorrow..

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2015, 06:35 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
I'll go with a home win, don't want the race for second place to be too boring early in the season.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2015, 08:38
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinho View Post

Biggest problem for us right now is that all of Hummels, Socratis and Weigl are ill and highly doubtful for tomorrow..
If that's the case than I guess Bender and Castro will get starts, the problem is who'll partner who in the back...

Edmund Burke
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2015, 09:01
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
Maybe we'll see Bender/Subotic partnership and Gundogan to play the Weigl role and Castro in cm along with Kagawa.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2015, 10:02 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

the final training this afternoon will be decesive if they can play or not. both Socratis and Hummels were sick since Wednesday so they wont be in topform...

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2015, 13:04
Rising Star

My guess is that should Hummels play tomorrow he'll be the worst player since his form was below par before he was hit by sickness...

Edmund Burke
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2015, 18:16
Rising Star

43' goal by Reus
Assisted by Miki
We need another one soon...

Edmund Burke
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2015, 19:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Congrats on the win.

Although game should have ended something like 6-4 or so.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2015, 07:06
Rising Star

End to end type of a match, we had our fair of chances and so are the Wolves, just when I thought the match would end in a draw than BAM!! Kagawa happened...

Edmund Burke
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2015, 07:19
Rising Star

Thanks Tiger, too many missed chances and some brilliant saves... I'm glad we managed to capitalize on Bayern Munchen loss and cut down the gap to 5 points. Without our 3 regulars and playing away with a team like VFL Wolfsburg I didn't expect too much from us, but boy they produced one heck of a match esp for the neutrals. The partnership of Subotic and Bender was good and considering they are not first choices they exceeded my expectations...Truly superb match and hoping Bayern slips up again soon

Edmund Burke
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2015, 07:53 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

what a match and what +90 minutes! finally we managed to take advantage of the bayern loss even if we dont see ourselves as the one and only bayern hunter, it is good to make them feel we are still there.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2015, 08:00 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

At the press conference Thomas Tuchel spoke about being sent to the stands:
The referee told me that my behaviour had been inappropriate. I let myself fall into the trap of responding to a gesture made by Dieter Hecking's co-coach after the penalty. It was unnecessary. So then I kicked out at the advertising hoardings out of a mixture of joy and frustration. This action was not aimed at anyone. I was just letting my emotions out. I am astonished that I was sent to the stands.

...on the first half:
We performed excellently for the first 35 minutes. Perhaps up until that point it was one of the best performances we have produced. Though it took a while to open the scoring, it was deserved - but we should have taken an earlier and bigger lead. Yet after scoring we lost our self-confidence, perhaps fearing that we now had something to lose. We countered without concentration and passed poorly but continued to defend passionately.

...on the second half:
We really struggled for long periods and they created a lot of really good chances. We were very lucky in certain situations. Curiously, we started to play more calmly and with more confidence immediately after conceding the equaliser. Our second goal that put us 2-1 up was a very unusual goal to score for an away team that has just conceded an equaliser. I believe that scoring a goal like that in Wolfsburg is unusual directly after a penalty has just been awarded against you. We know how difficult it is to play here and to win here. That makes us even happier that we managed to get the win and that this team showed such fantastic spirit.

...on the league table:
Those who saw us from the 40th minute onward today know what we need to focus on and that we still have a way to go. We would do well to avoid talking about even greater objectives. We want to challenge teams such as Gladbach, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg. These teams started the season with something we were missing: the belief of being able to put together winning runs. But now we are on the right track. We know how important and how difficult it was to win here today. We see it as a sign of progress that we have managed to pick up so many points this season, but that does not mean we are no longer obliged to keep our feet on the ground and to take the next steps on Thursday and on Sunday in our next two home games.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in