poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL- Matchday 14] Borussia Dortmund vs VFB Stuttgart

Matchday 14 - Sunday 28.11.205
kick-off: 15:30 CET

vs

2 losses in a row (Hamburg and Krasnodar) and now we welcome VFB Stuttgart that just sacked their complete coaching staff on Monday. So, quite difficult to say how the South germans will perform in the Signal Iduna Park. However the quality of our squad should be able to cope with any Stuttgart team and it has to to show it tomorrow.

Especially captain Hummels has to show up and stabilize the defense instead of doing the exact opposite. On the other end our front line needs to return to be more efficient and use the opportunities given. VFB is dangerour upfront and did show that in past games also in Dortmund, remembering the crazy 4-4 here.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2015, 09:17 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

definetly we have to keep an eye on Kostic and Didavi who are the engines of their offensive game.

Possible line-ups:

Bürki - Ginter, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Weigl - Gündogan - Kagawa, H. Mkhitaryan, Reus - Aubameyang
Trainer: Tuchel

Tyton - Klein, Sunjic, Baumgartl, Insua - Rupp, Gentner - Maxim, Didavi, Kostic - Ti. Werner
Trainer: Kramny

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2015, 10:03
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Since we gave rest to Reus, Kagawa and PEA we should be able to dispatch them

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of
evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2015, 10:20
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie_ View Post
Since we gave rest to Reus, Kagawa and PEA we should be able to dispatch them
Thou the players you mentioned got a bit of a rest but still it won't be easy to beat Stuttgart, I just hope Hummels doesn't cost us as its been the case lately
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2015, 10:24
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

I don't know how true this is but I heard Mats Hummels doesn't get along well with Thomas Tuchel lately.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2015, 10:46 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Mats was never a player or person who "liked" to be critisized so that wouldnt be a big surprise. He just should try to minimize his errors that cost us a lot of points already this season.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2015, 11:07
Rising Star

I saw that also, surely if there's an issue its probably sorted out already, another thing is that the Media tries by all means to unsettle players...

Edmund Burke
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2015, 14:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Hummels benched

Dortmund winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2015, 14:58
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Coincidence

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2015, 19:34 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Castro

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2015, 20:01 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Some interesting facts on Todes win

Strong record:*It was BVB's tenth win in 14 matches this season - they didn't reach this milestone until Matchday 29 last year.

Excellent run:*Borussia Dortmund have lost none of their last 11 Bundesliga clashes with Stuttgart (six wins, five draws).

Home fortress:*Borussia Dortmund have won 11 of their 12 home games in all competitions under Thomas Tuchel (they drew 2-2 against Darmstadt). The defeat leaves Stuttgart bottom of the away league table, having picked up just four of a possible 21 points on the road.

Hot streak: "Pierre-Emmerich" Aubameyang has scored 17 goals in the opening 14 matches. The last player to do so was*Gerd Müller, who had 19 by the same stage in 1976/77. He is the first Dortmund player to achieve this feat.

Making his mark:*Gonzalo Castro has now scored in all competitions: a brace in the DFB Cup against Paderborn, one in the UEFA Europa League in Saloniki and one in the Bundesliga today. Six of his 26 Bundesliga goals have been headers - not bad for a 1.72m-tall player.

Leader:*Marco Reus captained Borussia Dortmund for the second time. The only other occasion was a 2-0 home defeat to Bayer Leverkusen on 23 August 2014.

Serious stamina:*Substitute Julian Weigl is the only BVB player who has featured in each of the club's 25 competitive matches this season.

Half-time lead:*BVB have won the last 20 competitive games in which they have been winning at half-time (the last time they failed to do so was against Paderborn in November 2014).

Quick off the mark:*Gonzalo Castro's opener in the third minute was Borussia's quickest goal since April 2013 (when they scored against Mainz in the first minute).

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2015, 08:26
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Wow Thomas Tuchel had the guts to bench our skipper this time. good thing we back to winning ways and also happy for Aubameyang whether the team is winning or not he always finds the back of the net.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2015, 11:48 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

what i did not understand is the fact that he brought Hummels in the 80th minute. if they defend his bench role by saying he needed the rest (played 24 of the last 25 matches) then it would have been wiser to rest him the full match. especially as there was no real need to bring him into the game

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2015, 11:54
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Yeah, it was weird. Pretty weird interview also by Hummels blaming Bayern's dominance for the criticism on him.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2015, 16:30 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Papa

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2015, 17:12
Rising Star

This win is what we needed the most, its gonna help us gain the much needed confidence. I'm really happy for Gonzo, he always gives his all if given a start, those flicks and dazzling runs were great to watch. Well our golden boy Reus wasn't his day, he looked a bit lost by his standard, hopefully he'll show up against the Wolves.

Edmund Burke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in