Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL- Matchday 11] SV Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund

Matchday 11 - Saturday 31.10.2015
kick-off: 15:30CET

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2015, 11:40 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

We are surely favourite in that game vs Werder Bremen. The host find themselves on #14 of the table with only 10 points in 10 matches. They lost their sharpness of the last season and had a bad start into the season but seem to get back to their rythm just before our boys are coming. They won 2 consecutive games against Mainz and 1. Fc Köln (Cup), but lost 5 in a row before.

BVB is on a hot streak as well since their loss in Munich, with 4 wins in a row (1 Europoaleague and 1 Cup match). While Reus might be doubtful for Saturday, Tuchel will most likely return to his top line-up with PEA upfront.+

possible line-ups:

Wiedwald - Gebre Selassie, Galvez, Vestergaard, S. Garcia - Bargfrede - Bartels, Fritz, Grillitsch, Junuzovic - Ujah

Bürki - Ginter, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Weigl, Kagawa - H. Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang, Reus

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2015, 13:41
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
I'm expecting Aubameyang on good level, since he was rested in Cup match even if is Reus doubtfull i think BVB will managed to win this match.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2015, 14:34
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
At the moment Werder Bremen are/is a shadow of their former self but we cannot write them off or take them for granted....
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2015, 14:46 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Werders major problem against us will be our speed and agility. as long as we play quick and move smart, we should get plenty of chances against them.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2015, 15:25 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2015, 15:42
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Teams: Borussia Dortmund, FC Barcelona
Tuchel: Bremen could cause Dortmund problems
Oct 30, 2015 13:48:05
BVB lie second in the Bundesliga title and are in fine
form, but their coach has warned against
complacency for the clash at Weserstadion while
praising Matthias Glinter Thomas Tuchel has stressed
Borussia Dortmund cannot afford to underestimate
Werder Bremen in Saturday's Bundesliga encounter.
Dortmund sit second in the Bundesliga table with 23
points from 10 games, some 13 points above 14th-
placed Bremen.
Nevertheless, Tuchel has warned his side against
complacency at Weserstadion.
"It is very hard to say what to expect from Bremen.
They could cause us problems," Tuchel said at his
pre-match news conference on Friday.
"There is always a great atmosphere in Bremen. We
need to put in a great performance in order to get
something out of the game.
"We are on the right path and want to continue on
this road."
Right-back Matthias Ginter has been a key figure for
Dortmund going forward and Tuchel is delighted with
the 21-year-old's contribution so far this season.
"There are few defenders out there who have a hand
in as many goals as Ginter," the former Mainz boss
added.
"The right-back position is a complicated one. You are
often more of a winger in home games.
"But we cannot only focus on the attacking part. It is
all about the defensive aspects of the role."
Saturday's encounter will be a special game for
Sokratis Papastathopoulos, who joined Dortmund
from Bremen in 2013.
The Greece defender said: "I have nothing but fond
memories of Werder Bremen, but I am happy that I
joined Dortmund at the time.
"The great fans and the sensational stadium are two
of the reasons why I signed a new deal with BVB. The
people here absolutely love football.
"It will be a difficult game against Bremen, but we are
going out there to win."
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2015, 16:15
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
Can i get a source from that article?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2015, 19:31
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Can i get a source from that article?
The ever unreliable goal.com
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2015, 00:32
Rising Star

With Bayern Munchen dropping points against Frankfurt its our chance to capitalize and minimize the gap...
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2015, 08:02
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

I concur with you there, we have to make the Bayern slip count. So what's your take guys regarding Gonzalo Castro, since he's in great form lately do you think he should start?
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2015, 11:54 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

very hard to tell as right now all of our attacking options seem to be quite sharp. Tuchel would have to drop one of Reus, Micky, Kagawa or Ilkay as i dont think he would go for an uberoffensive approach against Werder today (dropping Weigl).

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2015, 13:30
Rising Star

Yeah he's in good form but its unlikely he'll start, he might come in later in the game for one between Miki, Reus and Shinji depending on the game of course...it would seem like an injustice if he doesn't play at all
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2015, 08:21
Rising Star

It was one of those matches where Auba was pretty wasteful, but I'm glad we are one of the free scoring sides, if Auba is struggling then Rues steps up and scores, it also goes the other way round. Miki, Shinji, Gundo can score too.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2015, 07:50 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

PEA was wasting a lot on Saturday, omg. luckily Reus was clinical in front of the goal and Micky clearly MoM for me. good that we were able to show Bayern that we are still in reach and are ready when they drop points. but of course our aim remains finishing the league on a CL spot. anyway, good performance from our boys and the way to go in the coming weeks.

Castro got 20 minutes playing time in the end but mainly due to the fact that all of Reus, Shinji, Micky and also Gündogan were having great games and causing a lot of trouble to Werders defense.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:37 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

a nice read:

It is a delight to look at the table at the moment: Borussia Dortmund has reduced the gap to FC Bayern to five points with their 3-1 victory at Werder Bremen and at the same time they have opened up a gap of five points to the team in third place.

In the five competitive matches since the 5-1 defeat in Munich the goal ratio is a sensational 20:4! BVB has been entertaining all along with attractive and modern football. And what is maybe even more important: they are always hungry for more. Hungry for success.

In Bremen nearly everything went to plan again (yet again). The successful passing rate was 88 per cent, which is a top mark. The same thing applies to the amount of passes made: the statistics show 779 – the best so far this season. 685 of these passes were successful. Just in time for the important phase in the UEFA Europa League and the big local derby against Schalke, the BVB passing and goal machine is in full swing.

Head Coach Thomas Tuchel said with praise: „the way we are playing and the style we are playing is not something that goes without saying. Borussia’s former striker Heiko Herrlich told sky nearly disbelieving what he was saying: “every attack is nearly a chance on goal.”

Marco Reus analysed it this way: „we are on a little run.” The 26 year old scored after only 9 minutes on the Weser and his second goal in the 72.minute to make it 3-1 secured the victory. The German international has now scored five goals in three league matches after a spell of six games without a goal.

However the „Man of the Match” in Bremen was Henrikh Mkhitaryan. The Armenian set up both goals for Reus and scored with a header just before half time to make it 2-1 after a “Tomas Rosicky memory” cross with the outside of the span from Mats Hummels (44.). After the disappointing last season, Mkhitaryan is blossoming more and more this season. He has been involved in 23 goals either as the goal scorer or setting up the goal in 18 competitive games. Ten times in the Bundesliga, nine times in the Europa League and four times in the DFB Cup.

Borussia could have easily won even higher than the 3-1 suggests on the Weser. After an even first half, where Werder were very clever in the way that they defended with a five man defence and equalised through Anthony Ujah (31.) and BVB did have a lot of possession, but did not get into any dangerous areas, Black Yellow moved up a gear in the second half. Julian Weigl analysed it as follows: “we won a lot of balls in the opponent’s half and managed to up the tempo.”

It was only Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who missed three chances in the second half (48., 51., 71.) and who could have made sure that victory was secured early on. This time the Gabon international was not so deadly in front of goal. Julian Weigl joked: “maybe I’ll take the mickey out of him a bit…”. And Marco Reus said: “Auba has so much confidence. We don’t need to be worried about him. Games like that just happen every once in a while. I am sure he will find the net again next week in the derby.”

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:27
Rising Star

Indeed a nice read Mich..Lol I hope hope Weigl does take the micky out of Auba because we need him firing in all cylinders in our next game...
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2015, 11:37
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie_ View Post
With Bayern Munchen dropping points against Frankfurt its our chance to capitalize and minimize the gap...
We did just that
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2015, 15:02 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

a Barca representative was also watching the game in Bremen. Think he was not too impressed by PEAs conversion rate as well... p

one can only speculate whether they scouted PEA, Hummels, Reus or Gündogan... or even Weigl...

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2015, 16:11
Guru of Greatness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinho View Post
a Barca representative was also watching the game in Bremen. Think he was not too impressed by PEAs conversion rate as well... p

one can only speculate whether they scouted PEA, Hummels, Reus or G¨¹ndogan... or even Weigl...
Aubameyang would be too good to rot in the bench, the players who I think would slot in perfectly are Gundogan and Mats Hummels...

Last edited by Dog_Unit; November 2nd, 2015 at 16:24.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in