poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 6] TSG Hoffenheim vs BVB

matchday 6 - Wednesday 23.09.2015
kick-off: 20:00 CET

vs

Hoffenheim were not able to start into the season as they hoped and are on position 15 with only 1 point (against promoted Darmstadt 98). Previous matches against Gisdols team were a close call each time and we can expect another exciting match tomorrow evening.

Tuchels BVB is still unbeaten this season and want to continue their impressive strike. It is very likely that Tuchel will stick with the formation that beat Leverkusen 3-0 on Sunday and possible make some changes on the weekend when BVB host Darmstadt in the Signal Iduna Park.

We can expect an open game as both teams focus on an very offensive approach, with Volland, Schmid and Vargas as TSGs main weapons.

possible line-ups:

Baumann - Kaderabek, Bicakcic, Süle, J.-S. Kim - Schwegler - Rudy, Polanski - Volland, Schmid - E. Vargas

Bürki - Ginter, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Weigl - Gündogan, Kagawa - Hofmann (Reus), H. Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2015, 09:02
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
TSG Hoffenheim have always been a tough nut to crack in the Klopp era. But now this is Tuchel's era so we need to rectify that and put them the sword, also Volland have this tendency of scoring against us so we need shut him up and put him in the pocket like how Papa dealt with Chicha in the Bayer 04 match. I wonder how Tuchel will rotate the squad since players like Shinji, Miki, Auba, Papa, Hummels could use with a little rest...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2015, 11:53 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2015, 09:27 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

i am not disappointed with the first draw of the season, keeping in mind that we started our season in order to return to the top5 in the league. Additionally Dortmund have only won five of their last 15 Bundesliga matches against Hoffenheim, so we can live with a point away. We were very dominant in the second half, having 70% possession and winning well over half of the tackles (58%).
What i really like is that we are flexible with formations and Tuchel knows that it is time to rest some players in order to keep the whole team in shape.

BVB line-up:
-------------Bürki
Ginter-Socratis-Hummels-Schmelzer
-----------weigl--castro
--------------Kagawa
---hofmann-----pea-----reus

on a sidenote:

Gonzalo Castro was involved in a goal for the first time in a Dortmund shirt. The new signing had previously only started for BVB in the DFB Cup and in European competition, so this was his first-ever start for the club in the Bundesliga.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan made his 100th competitive appearance for Borussia Dortmund.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang set a new record by becoming the first player in Bundesliga history to score at least one goal on each of the first six matchdays. The only other player in BVB history to score at least seven goals across the first six matchdays of the season was Lothar Emmerich in the 1965/66 season, who actually managed nine. PEA has scored at least one goal in each of his last eight Bundesliga matches stretching back into last season. The only other player to have done so in the Black and Yellow shirt of BVB was Robert Lewandowski, who actually scored in 12 consecutive matches.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2015, 10:04
Armenian Scout
International

Teams: Armenia NT, Pyunik
Great post
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2015, 11:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I still think Hofmann is way off from being good enough for Dortmund. I wouldn't rely too much on him, bringing him as a sub once in a while might be ok, but more than that is very risky.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2015, 11:46 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

yeah he doesnt have that special touch or skill and i think once Januzaj has settled here and the whole squad is fit, he wont see that much playing time anymore. still one has to say that he throws in everyting when playing and his attitude/passion for the club is indisputable.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in