Dortmund: WWWW
Bayer Leverkusen: WWLL
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2015, 09:34 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
This is our first real test, players like Auba will have to stop missing sitters as it is the case sometimes, we have to be absolutely clinical in front of goals....I'm counting on Ginter to continue his great form, I expect a goal or an assist from him...We can't afford give Bayer 04 too much space or players like Calhanoglu will punish us...All in all I'm expecting a 3-1 win for us....Let's Go BVB..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2015, 11:31
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
What do you think, can Auba score in this match? Will Reus play today, he is out of injury?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2015, 12:34 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Reus trained on friday and yesterday without any problems so I think he'll play today, maybe he won't start the match or if he starts he'll be withdrawn in the second half as a precaution...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2015, 19:08 Thread Starter
Rising Star

We are on fire, great performance from lads, the clean sheet is more like an icing on the cake, I'm glad we reclaimed our top spot position even though its on goal difference...who's next on the list?...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2015, 08:09
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
havent seen the match cause i had to work the whole weekend, thanks Johnnie for creating the thread.

as from reports, seems like it was a really deserved win. great to see that we can beat such teams as well.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2015, 08:35 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Pleasure is all mine Mich, I expected the game to be a close call considering the fact that Bayer 04 possess great quality as well. So to my surprise we were all over them, Gundogan and Weigl didn't allow them any space in midfield while Papa had Chicharito in his pocket and the attacking line of Shinji, Miki, Hofman along with Auba continued to cause problems for them...I'm also glad Tuchel opted not to risk a half fit Reus...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2015, 11:03
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

great to hear. will try to watch a summary tonight. i honestly thought we would get massively into trouble against them, considering the speed of Bellarabi, Brandt on the wings.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2015, 13:31
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

some post-match reactions:

Julian Weigl: We gave absolutely everything again today, as did the fans. Obviously it's a really great feeling to be able to celebrate together. You want that as often as possible. When I first came to SIGNAL IDUNA PARK five years ago, BVB also beat Bayer Leverkusen 3-0. Back then, Barrios grabbed a brace and Rangelov scored too. To be playing on the pitch myself now and helping the team to get the three points is an awesome feeling.

Jonas Hofmann: It was extremely important to go 1-0 up today, because it resulted in us getting that bit more space. Nevertheless, we knew that Leverkusen play a brutal pressing game. But our second goal knocked the stuffing out of our opponents. And of course, we're all delighted that "Auba" got his goal too.

Roman Bürki: In contrast to the previous matches, there were a few attacks on our goal today. But we dealt with them very well as a team. We always remained focused and consistently believed that we could still clear the ball. At the other end of the pitch, we once again created a lot of chances and are delighted that we were able to convert three of them into goals.

Roger Schmidt: BVB completely deserved to win. You could see why they won their eleventh competitive match on the bounce. We had two very good chances to get an equaliser. That would have been our only way of getting back into the game. Our job is to go out there as a unit and be focused. And I don't think we did that today. (djg)

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in