Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL 2015/16 - matchday 01] BVB vs Borussia M'gladbach

Matchday 1
Satuday 15.08.2015
kick-off: 18:30

vs

Let the new season begin! All german football fans are hoping that Bayern München will have to fight harder to win their 4 Bundesliga title in a row with Wolfgsburg, M'gladbach, Leverkusen to challenge them. One has to see whether the BVB can return to become a title contender this year.

Tuchel's line-up for the first match of the season against strong CL participant M'gladbach got clearer and clearer during the last couple of weeks. Roman Bürki will replace Roman Weidenfeller between the posts and the back-four will most likely be Pisczek, Socratis, Hummels and Schmelzer. Question marks remain open in the midfield, where youngster Julian Weigl made a big impact during preseason and he could be one of the surprises this season. The likes of Mhkitaryan, Gündogan, Reus and PEA will be in the starting line-up without a doubt with Kagawa, Castro, Bender, Weigl, Kampl, Kuba, Hofmann fighting for the remaining spots.

M'gladbach wants to confirm the progress they made under coach Lucien Favre who is a great tactician and motivator. They lost important pillars of their stellar season last year with striker Max Kruse joining Wolfsburg and Christoph Kramer returning to Leverkusen. The latter will surely be missed by the BVB fans as he was the one scoring an crazy own-goal which secured a 1-0 home win for Dortmund in the last encounter in the Signal-Iduna Park.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; August 12th, 2015 at 07:44.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2015, 08:00
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Predict a home loss in this one. Gladbach has impressed me much more than Dortmund so far in the pre-season.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2015, 11:29 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Stindl is on fire currently and he seems to have the impact on Gladbachs game which they were hoping for. Like Heno for, he is scoring and assisting on a constant basis.
they have the advantage that their defence is working fine as i think both teams are nearly equal in the offensive department.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2015, 19:47
Armenian Scout
International

Teams: Armenia NT, Pyunik
Predicting a 2-1 win for Dortmund
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2015, 19:56
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
I'm very much optimistic on this one, I see a home win for us even though it won't be easy, a 1-0 or 2-1 win is what will guarantee us three points...its very important to begin the season on a high note...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2015, 20:01
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Final score Borussia Dortmund 4-0 Borussia Monchenglabach...I must say I didn't expect this kinda margin, well done to Tuchel and the boys for that awesome performance, we were firing from all cylinders and I feel we could have scored more if it weren't for those few misses, and the clean sheet is always nice... Echte Liebe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2015, 17:14 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Awesome Performance by tuchels boys. We controlled the first half and of course we benefitted from the fact that gladbachs defence was not on the past seasons Level. Good to see that micky is having the same impact on the match like in the preseason games.

Weigl playing like he is playing Bundesliga footy since ten years. Perfect start into the season for us.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Last edited by Michinho; August 17th, 2015 at 12:09.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in