[DFB Pokal - 1R] Chemnitzer vs BVB - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2015, 06:30 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[DFB Pokal - 1R] Chemnitzer vs BVB

2-0 win against Chemnitzer FC in the DFB Pokal. Nothing to get enthusiastic or disappointed about. Goals by Aubameyang and (again) Mhkitaryan.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; August 10th, 2015 at 06:39.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2015, 06:39
Forum Manager
Star Player

You mean Chemnitzer? Carl Zeiss Jena actually caused one of the surprises of the round by knocking out HSV yesterday. p

Didn't get to see the game, but judging off some extended highlights I caught, doesn't really seem like it was all that good of a performance. Not many chances created and a lot of trouble caused on the defensive end by a third division team isn't very reassuring, especially when considering that it was the first choice defenders out there.

Most important thing was accomplished though, we got through, Heno and PEA continue their good start to the season, and we are building some confidence with these wins. The Gladbach game will be our first real test under Tuchel though, the team should be well up for that and will have to be fully focused because being below our best won't be enough against them like it has been lately against our cup opponents so far. Can't wait.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2015, 06:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Carl Zeiss eliminated HSV from the Pokal. Now that was something to get enthusiastic or disappointed about, if you're a Jena or HSV fan, depending.

So the team's performances have been unconvincing under Tuchel? Just wondering as I've got a bet for Gladbach to win against you on the opening round of the Bundesliga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2015, 06:45 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulgrana View Post
You mean Chemnitzer? Carl Zeiss Jena actually caused one of the surprises of the round by knocking out HSV yesterday. p

Didn't get to see the game, but judging off some extended highlights I caught, doesn't really seem like it was all that good of a performance. Not many chances created and a lot of trouble caused on the defensive end by a third division team isn't very reassuring, especially when considering that it was the first choice defenders out there.

Most important thing was accomplished though, we got through, Heno and PEA continue their good start to the season, and we are building some confidence with these wins. The Gladbach game will be our first real test under Tuchel though, the team should be well up for that and will have to be fully focused because being below our best won't be enough against them like it has been lately against our cup opponents so far. Can't wait.
yeah, i am just having my first cup of coffee this morning... p just mess up those east german teams sometimes.

the defensive line was really in trouble yesterday, especially Schmelzers wing who is having tremendous trouble against quicker players. this is one thing we should be worried about against decent Bundesliga teams, how easy it is to create chances against us.

Roman Bürki was rock solid against Chemnitz again and i have the feeling Tuchel will make him his no 1.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2015, 08:34 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Interview with Mats Hummels:

"We are not satisfied with our second half performance today. We could be satisfied with the first half if we had scored at least one goal more," said defender Mats Hummels after the DFB Cup match against Chemnitzer FC.

Three victories in three competitive games. No goals conceded. All's well at BVB, it seems?

I think we performed really well in the first period, did not allow Chemnitz to have a shot at our goal and had enough chances ourselves to take in a bigger lead than 1-0 at the break. That's often the case with us. But the positive aspect is that we managed to carve out several clear chances against an opponent that sat back and defended deep. That's been one of our shortcomings in recent years. Then we allowed the match to become much more open in the second half, meaning that Chemnitz started to believe in themselves again. In addition to Anton Fink's good effort which Roman Bürki did very well to save, there were one or two other heart-in-mouth moments. Then we scored the second goal, which sealed the victory.

How happy is the team with the match?

We are not satisfied with our second half performance today. We could be satisfied with the first half if we had scored at least one goal more. We know all about the unique nature of cup matches. In those moments when the lower league teams begin to feel that there is a chance they could spring a surprise, then they up their effort by a couple of per cent. And that's what Chemnitz did today. We often kept hold of the ball longer than we needed to, thus losing possession and making life hard for ourselves.

How close is the team to showing what Thomas Tuchel wants to see?

We show glimpses of it from time to time, but it will still take some time before we can consistently perform like that over 90 minutes, before things happen automatically and before it's ingrained in us. We are already familiar with a lot of it. It's not as if the game of football is being completed reinvented. It's just about details that we are working on. We already have the basics.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in