poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[EL - 3QR, 2L] BVB vs Wolfsberger AC

Thursday 06.08.2015, Signal Iduna Park Dortmund
kick-off: 20:30

vs

after the good result in Austria we should try to make things clear early in this home match. Tuchel will miss both Eric Durm and Neven Subotic due to minor injuries.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2015, 09:56
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Indeed we should put them the sword unlike last week where we played the good 1st half and a terrible 2nd half, besides we are at home...3-0 win in favor of us would do....

Last edited by Johnnie_; August 6th, 2015 at 10:03.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2015, 14:39 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-ups:

Borussia Dortmund:
Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Castro, Gündogan - Kampl, Reus, Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang

Wolfsberger AC:
Kofler - Berger, Sollbauer, Hüttenbrenner, Palla - Standfest, Weber - Zündel, Putsche, Jacobo - Silvio

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2015, 19:19
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, official:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Sokratis - Hummels - Schmelzer
Gundogan - Weigl
Reus - Kagawa - Mkhitaryan
Aubameyang

Bench: Burki, Ginter, Bender, Castro, Hofmann, Kampl, Ramos

Two changes from the first leg, the Romans in goal are swapped and Heno is in for last week's hero Hofmann.

Shouldn't have too many problems getting the job done, but still need to be careful not to bring them back to life which they are certainly full of by the evidence of the second half last week. An early goal would be important to knock the wind out of their sails and probably kill this off.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2015, 20:41
Rising Star

Another 4-2-3-1 formation....shouldn't we move away from this formation already, man this is old school...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2015, 01:20
Forum Manager
Star Player

Very good performance today, completely dominant and didn't give away a single chance although Wolfsberger were very poor. Should have been a bigger margin if not for PEA's wastefulness and a wrongly disallowed Kagawa goal IMO.

Mkhitaryan the obvious MOTM, great performance from him and by scoring/assisting 6 goals in this tie, he's already halved his goals/assists production tally from last season in just two games. He looks like he's feeling more comfortable and looks more composed in this new style, hopefully he can build on this and maintain a good level throughout the season. Final chance for him to make the grade here or he's gone, won't do himself any harm with games like this for sure.

Impressed with Weigl who looks like a good addition so far. Hopefully we see some changes this weekend for the Pokal tie, would like to see Hofmann, Kampl, and Ramos get a start and prove their cases for a starting place in the team. Competition looks fierce this year so they have a lot to live up to.

Tuchel is getting a lot of hunger out of this team, which is aided by the poor season last term of course, and definitely plenty of effort. Still too early to read too much into it, but the team is looking good and the serious tests are not far off at all with the league starting next weekend.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2015, 08:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
The goal was correctly disallowed but how can the ref not give that penalty on Reus? Horrible refereeing all game long. Btw the reason is that their #4 couldn't get to the ball because Aubameyang stood in his way. That is active blocking despite him not even being aware that he was blocking someone. Overall Wolfsberg was piss poor yesterday. Hope for a good draw today so that Dortmund can get two more wins.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2015, 14:54
Forum Manager
Star Player

Yeah I know that's what the goal was disallowed for but after looking at it several times I don't think the defender would have gotten to the ball whether PEA was in the way or not. It's obviously open to interpretation though and the referee saw it the same way you did and therefore disallowed it.

We'll face Odds BK from Norway in the next round. Decent outcome, probably better than some of the other options from the mini-group BVB were in, and a chance to face a Northern European team for the first time in years. Good draw.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2015, 18:12
Rising Star

I must admit I was kinda frustrated when the match went to half time still scoreless though there were signs that the goal was coming, so congrats to us, the guys had great game a bells to Heno for his hatrick,.... I also impressed by Julian Weigl, what a game that young lad had, he hardly put any foot wrong....

Last edited by Johnnie_; August 7th, 2015 at 19:18.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2015, 06:37 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

i only got to watch the second half which was very dominant from our side, and liked how we moved the ball and pressed them. Weigl looked strong for such a young lad, keeping in mind that was his first game in the signal iduna park with such a crowd in front of him. he linked very well with the offensive players and had a good vision on the pitch finding the open spaces. Micky is on a great run and now seems to have the confidence in his actions, assisting and scoring how he likes.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in