[EL - 3QR, 1L] Wolfsberger AC vs BVB - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2015, 05:24 Thread Starter
Rising Star

[EL - 3QR, 1L] Wolfsberger AC vs BVB

Against WAC, at least in the first half, i would have this line up.

Burki-LP, Ginter, Subotic, Dudziak, Weigl-Castro, Hofmann, Kampl, Reus, Auba.

Should be good enough against Austrians.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2015, 11:12
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
might be just the wrong signal to the team to take it too easy. i think we should start with Tuchels ideal line-up in order to secure an ideal result abroad. i would at least put either Socratis or Hummels in the back-4 and i think one of Gündogan/Kagawa/Mhkitaryan is essential for our offensive game plan.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; July 27th, 2015 at 11:18.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2015, 14:44 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Well, Gundo, Miki/Kagawa and Hummels/Socratis can come in in the second half if things won't go well. We need to get away from Klopp's fixed 11 and do more rotation, especially against weaker opponents.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2015, 16:05
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
I agree that we need to get away from Klopp's fixed 11 for which we are doing pretty well if I might add, my ideal lineup would probably be as follows
Burki
Piszczek Sokratis Hummels Schmelzer

Weigl

Hofman Gundogan Mkhitaryan Reus

Aubameyang

But if Tuchel opt for 4-4-2 ( diamond) formation then I would go for something like this
Burki
Piszczek Sokratis Hummels Schmelzer.
Bender

Gundogan Mkhitaryan

Kagawa

PEA. Reus

Last edited by Johnnie_; July 27th, 2015 at 16:22.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2015, 18:51 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie_ View Post
I agree that we need to get away from Klopp's fixed 11 for which we are doing pretty well if I might add, my ideal lineup would probably be as follows
Burki
Piszczek Sokratis Hummels Schmelzer

Weigl

Hofman Gundogan Mkhitaryan Reus

Aubameyang

But if Tuchel opt for 4-4-2 ( diamond) formation then I would go for something like this
Burki
Piszczek Sokratis Hummels Schmelzer.
Bender

Gundogan Mkhitaryan

Kagawa

PEA. Reus

Agree there, we are talking full throttle mode, but against Austrians a few guys should get some minutes on the field. Let's see what happens. One thing is clear that KG, Leitner and Maruoka are not travelling south on Thursday.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2015, 04:56
Forum Manager
Star Player

Not really much of a need to rotate for this game, there was plenty of that already seen and done throughout pre-season whilst there isn't another match that follows this one until the second leg next week so playing the full team here and getting the job done in Austria would make sense.

Would give us plenty of room to rotate next week in the return with calmness, but I get a good feeling Tuchel will do that anyways for both legs as well as the Chemnitzer tie in the Pokal and continue to experiment tactics with more players returning from injuries.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2015, 19:23
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, official:

Burki
Piszczek - Sokratis - Hummels - Schmelzer
Gundogan - Weigl
Hofmann - Mkhitaryan - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Weidenfeller, Ginter, Stenzel, Bender, Castro, Kampl, Kagawa

So Tuchel goes with the old 4231 formation in his first official match in charge and keeps faith with Weigl, Hofmann, and Mkhitaryan over others in the starting lineup, deservedly I think.

Don't think this will be our starting XI come the opening day of the Bundesliga, but it makes sense to continue giving the players chances to prove their worth so early on in the season and show that they can be counted upon.

Hopefully a good result here and no injuries, pretty much the main things to accomplish from this game and of course continue building confidence/momentum going into tougher matches at the start of the league campaign.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Last edited by Azulgrana; July 30th, 2015 at 20:27.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2015, 21:59
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
In the end it gives a point to Germany but I am not sure it was a deserved victory. The second half was ridiculously horrible.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2015, 23:20
Forum Manager
Star Player

Indeed, pathetic performance in the second half and I'm not quite sure how Wolfsberger didn't manage to get a couple of goals from the chances they had. Don't want to read too much into it though as we created chances with ease on counters and didn't take them, I'm sure the second leg next week will be a very different affair to this one.

Only positives to take out were the good performances from Burki and Sokratis, rest were pretty below par and just seemed to check out the older the game got. The home side were well up for it though as it was a huge occasion for them so it's normal that they put us under some pressure, but it doesn't excuse playing as bad as that for a whole half. Expecting Tuchel to demand a lot more from them next week and to kill the tie off as soon as possible. No need to panic, it was just too much complacency from the players and I'm sure they realize that themselves.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in