July 25: Juventus (N) ~in St. Gallen

Competitive match dates to start the season are as follows:

July 30: UEL 3rd qual. round, 1st leg ~ Draw on July 17
August 6: UEL 3rd qual. round, 2nd leg
August 9/10: Chemnitzer FC (A) ~ DFB-Pokal First Round
August 14/16: Opening weekend of Bundesliga

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Last edited by Azulgrana; June 22nd, 2015 at 22:49.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2015, 13:06
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
First training session with Thomas Tuchel

some images

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2015, 06:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

First friendly was played today with a 5-0 win over German lower division side Vfl Rhede. Gundogan, Mkhitaryan, Ioannidis, Stenzel, and Maruoka all on the score sheet. Kuba with 2 assists as well. Good to see some of the players linked with moves away this summer showing good signs here, even if the opposition wasn't the best.

Highlights:

Next match is already tomorrow at 14:30 CET in Signal Iduna Park against "Team Gold", a side completely made up of current and former athletes many of which have won medals at past Olympic and Paralympic games. It's a match that serves as part of the traditional BVB family event, which includes games, fan make-up, fairground rides and a whole host of other attractions around the REWE fan village and gives Dortmund fans a great opportunity to enjoy a summer day to their favorite club.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2015, 07:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Really like what I'm seeing, reading about, and hearing from Tuchel so far this week.

Seen things like that apparently he's been utilizing things like GPS trackers and installing cameras on the training pitch to record training sessions to try and analyze them and direct the team's focus on the ball and improve our passing game, which we always struggled with under Klopp. The video analyst, Benni Weber, and some other guys in his staff are covering each training session from the bench on their laptops too. Tuchel has also supposedly cancelled the local Italian food deliveries that have been going on for years at the club and cancelled a local pharmacy contract linked with the team too.

Seems like he's looking to change the diets of the players and monitoring their nutrition levels too on top of all the technological resources he's putting to use that weren't there before at Dortmund. Also he's constantly reiterating how important it is to prepare for each opponent based on the way they approach their games and that he's constantly in communication with the players and talking with them on how they could improve as well as getting the best out of them by becoming closer to them.

I am really confident that he was the right guy for the job and he's exactly what this team needed to evolve and take that step to the next level. The ideal successor for Klopp and someone who can bring new ideas to improve this team one step further. Really pleased with all the work he's been doing even just 5 days in and looking forward to seeing everything he's bringing in store for us this season. Going to be an exciting year to look forward to again.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2015, 11:46
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Thanks for that info @Azulgrana, especially the diet plan, hopefully it will minimize the level off injuries in our players...I must admit that I didn't know much about Tuchel until he was appointed as our manager, so far I'm very much impressed by how he does his things, our players have high potentials so I hope he gets the best out of them....
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2015, 09:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

The game ended with a resounding 17-0 victory for BVB. Immobile, Aubameyang, and Hofmann all got hat-tricks, Blaszcykowski had a brace, while Reus, Castro, Maruoka, Kampl, Brendel, and Stenzel all got one each. Quite an easy day at the office, even in a match that was only played for 66 minutes (33 mins each half), and the funniest thing is that after Ciro came off injured, we had 10 men on the pitch and they actually had 29 on, they still couldn't manage even one goal. So much for the theory that Olympic athletes could play football.

Most important thing is that the club made 250K euros to donate to the Deutsche Sporthilfe charity with the turnout that came to the stadium for this game, which was a 41,200 attendance. Club marketing director Carsten Cramer said it was the biggest check in club history. Great to see the whole event go as well as planned and the club raising plenty of money for a good cause. Class act.

Highlights with all the goals, took a while to find some:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie_ View Post
Thanks for that info @Azulgrana, especially the diet plan, hopefully it will minimize the level off injuries in our players...I must admit that I didn't know much about Tuchel until he was appointed as our manager, so far I'm very much impressed by how he does his things, our players have high potentials so I hope he gets the best out of them....
Johnnie, I recommend for you to check out the Tuchel thread below and read the articles if you're interested in getting a better idea of what kind of coach Tuchel is and what to expect from him here. Worth the read if you have the time:

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=391553

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2015, 09:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulgrana View Post
July 7: Kawasaki Frontale (A)
July 9: Johor Southern Tigers (A)
That's quick. Japan and then two days later, a game in Malaysia

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2015, 08:22
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Seems like Tuchel really wants to improve certain things that went wrong the last 2 seasons. We need to see a squad that is 100% fit and up to the task. of course Klopp had a bad preparation to the season last year due to the world-cup but he tried to stick with many of the training excercices that worked in the past instead of bringing a new style to the team.

Now, Tuchel seems to do install the update BVB 2.0 which i fully support. Hopefully some many of the players that struggled to bring their best footy on the pitch are now gaining confidence again.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2015, 08:30
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

some details on the Asia-Tour:

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2015, 08:36
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

interview with Thomas Tuchel after the 5-0 victory vs Rhede:

Thomas Tuchel was unable to spend any time with his players during the half-time interval in Rhede, with the BVB coach electing to spend the full 15 minutes patiently signing autographs for the young fans who surrounded him. In fact, the new coach's autograph was in demand both before and after the game.

The abundance of autograph requests delayed the new coach's arrival at kick-off, meaning he arrived a few seconds late.

Thomas Tuchel on the match:
"We are very happy that we played our first match here and were able to win without conceding any goals. There's no doubt that VfL Rhede did well. It was a really demanding test for us tonight because we weren't in optimal condition, having trained very hard this week. But it served its purpose. Rhede's goalkeepers were on absolutely top form. We've made a start here today."

...on what he wanted to see from his team:
"We were well aware that we'd have a lot of ball possession. That's why we put a real emphasis on our positional and passing play. It was important to bear the formation in mind and to get a feeling for when we need to occupy certain spaces. All in all it was okay, even if at certain stages of the game we weren't exactly fluid. The effort is there, the team works really hard and is focused. But the level of fluency or understanding isn't quite there just yet."

...on his debut as BVB coach:
"It was great for me to see the enthusiasm of the fans in my first game as Borussia Dortmund coach. Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow as my first time at Signal Iduna Park in the home dugout."

...on his first impressions of the team:
"I have encountered a very polite, very considerate and very open team, which has opened its arms to the new situation and the new coaching staff at the club. We have all received a very warm welcome. That is the best feeling that you can possibly get when you start out with something new."

...on the upcoming Asia Tour:
"We want to use the opportunity to work together with the team and to give them their first feedback from us. We want them to develop further and want to contribute our own ideas."

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2015, 10:40
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

todays pre-season match versus Kawasaki Frontale (J-League).

BVB will start with following line-up:

--------------Bürki
Piszczek - Subotic - Sokratis - Durm
-----Maruoka- Weigl - Hofmann
------Kagawa - Castro -
------------Reus

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2015, 11:39
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Kagawa scores with his head, 1-0. nice cross by Pisczek.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2015, 11:44
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

And Shinji scores his second after assist by Reus, 2-0. But the j-League team does have some nice chances as well, especially Renato with 2-3 opportunities.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2015, 12:17
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

start to the 2nd half:
Weidenfeller - Stenzel, Hummels, Stankovic, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Bender - Sauerland, Maruoka, Mkhitraryan - Aubameyang

PEA makes it 3-0 in the 53rd minute!

FT: BVB wins 6-0

goals by: Kagawa x 2, Aubameyang x 2, Maruoka, Stankovic

Homer J. Simpson‏

Last edited by Michinho; July 7th, 2015 at 13:33.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2015, 16:37
Rising Star

Teams: Borussia Dortmund
Awesome stuff there @Michinho, the lads are performing well so far (we haven't conceded any goals) but imo the real test will be when we come up against Juventus...hopefully all the players can adapt quickly to Tuchel's tactics...
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2015, 07:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Yeah, hard to take out anything of these friendlies before the Juve match as they're not really that competitive apart from the characteristics and change of tactics that Tuchel is making with the team. We should be patient anyways as it is a process now that we have a change in management for the first time in 7 years, results will come later.

I only saw the first half just to have a look at our new set up and some of the changes since it wasn't possible to watch the last two games and I was impressed with the amount of work the players were putting in on pressing and combinational/passing play. It'll take time but I think we can finally take the next step and evolve our passing game under Tuchel which was always a weakness of ours under Klopp. We may establish it as our new 'Plan A', especially if we continue to come up against bunkering defenses as we often did last term, and keep our old counter attacking style as an alternative option depending on the opponent. We could become a more diverse and complete team tactically under Tuchel, excited to see how this develops from here.

By the way, Mich, it looked to me like a 4-1-4-1 formation yesterday which is just a continuation of what Tuchel played in the first two games. Weigl as the lone DM, Castro and Kagawa as the CMs with Shinji pushing further up when possible, Hofmann and Maruoka playing off the wings. Wonder how long we'll continue with this tactic and when Tuchel will try some different formations though.

Here's some highlights of the game:

Next match is on Thursday against Malaysian champions Johor DT at 15:45 CET. Hope I can find a link and watch the whole game around this time.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2015, 23:38
Rising Star

Hey guys, came to participate a bit. We need more people here for sure.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2015, 23:41
Rising Star

The game was on total livestream for free. I'm pretty sure it's still there, for those who missed a live game.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2015, 23:52
Rising Star

So for me these are the positives so far. Kagawa is doing ok, Miki seems has a better passing going and somewhat limited dribbling, Burki hasn't made any mistakes. Maruoka and Weigl are doing well so far. Auba is on target, Schmelzer has a better low crosses going for him. Gundogan with a nice goal, like saying, forget that Mainz/Schalke guy, i can shoot better. I liked Kampl in the first half today as well. So I think, things are happening under Tuchel. Better passing and pocession game. Keep it up.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2015, 00:06
Rising Star

Need to see more from Hofmann, Castro, Durm, Subotic and a few youngsters.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in