[DFB Pokal - THE FINAL] Borussia Dortmund 09 vs VFL Wolfsburg - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2015, 12:00 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[DFB Pokal - THE FINAL] Borussia Dortmund 09 vs VFL Wolfsburg

Berlin - Olympiastadion
Saturday 30.05.2015
kick-off 20:00

vs

Final game of the era Klopp. Amazing chance for the whole team to secure one title of an more or less disappointing Bundesliga season. The aim of the season was at least to fight for all title chances, now we have to use the chance against Wolfsburg.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2015, 10:47 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line up for BVB anyone? would like to see sth like
--------mitch
eric-neven-mats-marcel
----sebastian-ilkay
-henrik---shinji--marco
---------pierre

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2015, 11:54 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

according to BVB.de

don't know why Weidenfeller is also on that pic and would be insulting towards Mitch to let him play IMO

Homer J. Simpson‏

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2015, 00:48
Forum Manager
Star Player

I like that lineup aside from Weidenfeller and Subotic. Those two should not be starting this and there are better options in their positions. I really hope Klopp isn't just going to play them just because he's loyal to them and it's his last game in charge, they really don't deserve it on merit at this point.

Surprised that Knoche, Guilavogui, and Schurrle aren't in their projected lineups. Are they out or something?

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2015, 07:36 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulgrana View Post
I like that lineup aside from Weidenfeller and Subotic. Those two should not be starting this and there are better options in their positions. I really hope Klopp isn't just going to play them just because he's loyal to them and it's his last game in charge, they really don't deserve it on merit at this point.

Surprised that Knoche, Guilavogui, and Schurrle aren't in their projected lineups. Are they out or something?
totally agree on that part. Mitch has to start this without a doubt. I would also prefer to see Socratis instead of Subotic to partner Hummels.

Schürrle will come from the bench i guess as he still is not 100% integrated into the working line-up for Wolfsburg. Dont have news on Knoche who was also rested in the last Bundesliga game, so he might be slightly injured. but maybe everything just a smokescreen and the line-up will be completely different tomorrow.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 18:19
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, official:

Langerak
Durm - Subotic - Hummels - Schmelzer
Gundogan - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Weidenfeller, Sokratis, Ginter, Piszczek, Bender, Blaszcykowski, Immobile

Pretty much the lineup as expected with Langerak and Subotic getting the nod in their positions while Kuba is fit enough to make the squad which was also expected. Wolfsburg's lineup is exactly as Mich posted above, surprises me that they're not starting the three aforementioned players but it could be a boost for us going into this.

Can't believe it, but this is it. The last game with Klopp in charge and a chance to send him out on a high. Hopefully everyone takes advantage of this opportunity and gives this mostly disappointing season a great end. Heja BVB!

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 19:08
Forum Manager
Star Player

AUBAMEYAAANG!! 1-0!

Fantastic goal, first time left footed cross from Kagawa from the right and PEA finished it with his right foot without even looking at the goal. Thought it was offside at first, but he wasn't. Absolutely brilliant start to the final, where there is an incredible atmosphere at the ground.

EDIT: Great save from Langerak just now, electric start to the game.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 19:27
Forum Manager
Star Player

Reus missed a great chance to make it 2-0, then Wolfsburg score at the other end with Gustavo netting on the rebound of a saved Naldo free-kick. Instead of being two goals up, it's now all square. :rollani:

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 19:36
Forum Manager
Star Player

And now de Bruyne scores with a cracking effort from long range, low into the bottom corner past Langerak at his near post. Not sure if Mitch could have done better there, but it was a very well placed shot and difficult to stop. 1-2 Wolfsburg.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 19:41
Forum Manager
Star Player

Dost scores a free header in the box with Subotic forgetting to mark him and stick to his task after Schmelzer once again got skinned by Perisic who sent in a good cross. 1-3 Wolfsburg.

Wolfsburg are in total control of the game since the equalizer, we really need a shift in momentum and something to go our way to get back into this now. Going to be really tough.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 19:56
Forum Manager
Star Player

HT 1-3

Don't really know what to say because we made a good start, got a goal, and should have been two up through Reus. But then they scored a goal on the rebound from that free-kick and from there completely went in control of the game. They then managed to score two more as well and profited from some slack defending/goalkeeping.

Difficult to see a way back into this the way it's going and considering our record this season when falling behind especially against organized opponents. Need not one but two goals to save this one and hope to keep them out which in itself isn't an easy task with all their attacking quality.

Klopp will need to take some risks if we can't get a goal in the first 15-20 minutes of the second half. Kuba needs to come on to add some width and Immobile for a presence in the box which PEA doesn't always seem to do as he isn't a natural CF. Above all though we need Reus to step it up, doesn't look anywhere near his best so far and is struggling to make his mark on the game.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 20:12
Forum Manager
Star Player

Langerak makes a very good reflex save off a Caligiuri effort after some terrible defending from Subotic and Durm. Now Kagawa hits the post with a flick, agonizingly missed and it remains 3-1 to Wolfsburg. Still some life in us yet though, there are some encouraging signs to suggest we might still get back in this.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 20:20
Forum Manager
Star Player

Caligiuri and Dost mess up a good opportunity between them thankfully, really should have been another goal for Wolfsburg there.

Felix Brych really is having a shit game though. Doesn't seem to be in control of this match at all and calling some soft fouls in Wolfsburg's favor too often.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 20:27
Forum Manager
Star Player

Now Durm stops Caliguri's shot on the line after it had Langerak beaten. Wolfsburg look closer to scoring a fourth than Dortmund a second at the moment. Klopp needs to make some changes now and stat.

EDIT: Piszczek and Kuba on for Durm and Kehl who now will retire as a player from football. Thanks for everything Sebastian.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 20:40
Forum Manager
Star Player

Reus off for Immobile, just not his day and a game where he could really shine in. Really below par display from him.

The team has just resorted to long balls and crosses now, doesn't really look like we'll get a goal back unless we get a lucky break somewhere. Wolfsburg are pretty much in control of the whole situation.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2015, 20:54
Forum Manager
Star Player

FT 1-3

Congrats to Wolfsburg. I'll add more on my thoughts about everything when I have more time to do so.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2015, 09:07 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

we had the perfect start into the final, everything played in our cards. early goal by PEA and then we just missed it to make it 2-0. Wolfsburg really had problems to get into the game as our boys pressed them in the right areas of the pitch. typically we got the equalizer after a freekick when Langerak made a good safe but Gustavo was the first to react. 2-1 was just brilliant by deBruyne and 3-1 just very bad positioning by Subotic.

referee Brych mad it clear already in the first half that he did not want to give us a penalty kick, situation on PEA in the 43rd minute, as well as attack from Schürrle against Schmelzer (should at least have been a freekick) and also Klose's approach on Micky. Wolfsburgs efficiency in the first half just killled our hopes and on the other side Kagawa onlyhit the post.

congrats to the wolfsburg fans, despite the fact that i do not anyone personnally...

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2015, 05:12
Forum Manager
Star Player

This game clearly highlighted several things. Langerak isn't good enough to be the starting GK so we'll need an upgrade in that position this summer, giving Subotic an extension was a mistake and letting him start here over Sokratis wasn't the right move as he pretty much gifted them that third goal, and Aubameyang is just not good enough to be the striker for this team going forward. Yes he scored 25 goals this season which is a fantastic tally, but he's pretty much useless if he doesn't have space to run into. Offers nothing in terms of link or hold up play and barely even presses to win balls back. Good squad player to have, however not good enough to start if our ambitions are to be amongst the top 3 clubs in Germany again.

Reus had a really poor game, I'm starting to think about whether or not it would be a good move to sell him for big bucks this summer and finance some other moves to rebuild the attack. Sure on his day he is a quality player, but he's become too injury prone in the last year or so and usually needs several consecutive games in order to regain his form. Not sure we can keep taking that risk as we are too dependent on him in attack and if his injury record doesn't get better next year, his value could decrease as well and we'd miss out on an opportunity to get 50-60M for him now. If a serious offer comes in by the end of August, I hope the club considers it at this point.

Thought Mkhitaryan was our best offensive player, worked hard and made some successful dribbles but didn't get rewarded as the players around him weren't having a good day. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay another year now and give it one more shot under a different coach, this way we'll finally get to see whether he truly is good enough for a club like BVB or not. It would suck to see him leave this summer and go light it up elsewhere, would leave some regrets over what could have been, so I'd like to see him give it one more go under Tuchel.

Gundogan-Kehl was getting run over in midfield by Wolfsburg's pressing game and counters, it's also clearly been a big issue for us all season but changes will definitely happen there now with Kehl retiring and Ilkay on his way out so we'll see Tuchel has in mind there next season.

And last but not least, what a miserable way for the Klopp era to end. Real shame that he has to leave on this note, losing a cup final after some shambolic defending in the first half when we could have been 2-0 up by the time their equalizer came around. It also now means that we'll have to start in the qualifying rounds of the EL instead of going directly to the group stage which doesn't help matters already for next season's preparations, with potential trips to countries like Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan being possible in mid July.

Well done to Wolfsburg though, they deserve it for the fantastic season that they've had. We were in that position for the last few years but now it was their time so hope they enjoyed it while they could.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2015, 15:54
International

A few months ago you said Weidenfeller wasn't good enough, that he should be dropped immediately in favor of Langerak and now you're saying Langerak isn't good enough based on one single game? Make up your mind!!! If there is one position where Dortmund don't need an upgrade, it's the GK position. If it weren't for Langerak, Dortmund wouldn't even have made it to the final. He was brilliant against Bayern and he wasn't at fault for any of the goals Dortmund conceeded in the final against Wolfsburg. If anything, it's thanks to him that the scoreline wasn't at least 1-4 by halftime.

Aubameyang "not good enough to be the striker for the team going forward"??? Don't make me laugh!

Mkhitaryan has had a fair chance to show his "abilities" and failed everytime. I don't need to remind you how many points this guy cost Dortmund since his arrival. Tuchel will keep him but that's not a good decision and time will prove that.

You are certainly quick to judge players for someone who claims to be a hardcore Borussia Dortmund fan. Thank god you don't represent the majority of Dortmund fans.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2015, 04:15
Forum Manager
Star Player

Neither of them are good enough in truth. Weidenfeller's best assets as a GK were his reflexes and they've clearly declined over the past year or so whilst he isn't getting any younger (and on pretty hefty wages) so entrusting him with the role long term makes no sense. Langerak is a decent keeper on his day but he isn't a goalie who will win you those extra points every season because he doesn't really stand out at anything in particular. And he clearly was at fault for the first and second goals, he basically pushed the ball straight into Gustavo's path instead of diverting Naldo's free kick wide (he could even have held it imo) and when you concede a goal at your near post like he did on the second, you should have done better as a keeper even if it was a very well placed, measured strike from de Bruyne. Not really judging him off just this game either, he's let in a few soft goals in most of the games he's played in fact I felt. Good backup to have and better suited for that role than an aging Weidenfeller, but not what we need as a starter. An upgrade is necessary in that position.

Aubameyang is fast and a good goal scorer, but doesn't have anything else to his game to suggest he is the right man for the job as the starting CF here. He's just the best of an average bunch of strikers at the club right now, but not elite in any way. He only shines in open games where there's plenty of space to exploit, take that away from him and he is largely ineffective because he isn't a good passer, doesn't press well, doesn't link up well with others, and can't hold up the ball well. Fantastic squad player who can guarantee goals which every club needs, but again not good enough for a starting role because he's too limited in too many areas to be the right player for the task.

Mkhitaryan certainly has his faults and can be a frustrating player most of the time, but the abilities are there. That's not the question about him, the problem is mental and maybe a different coach could help him with that. It might be just what he needs and a change in our tactical approach could also give him a boost as he's often isolated when he goes on his usual runs and has no one to pass it to. That's why I don't mind him getting one more year and trying his luck out under Tuchel. Could always be sold for 15-20M next summer too, we wouldn't get much more than that right now either I feel.

Not sure how I'm being too quick to judge these guys as I'm basically saying the same thing about those players that I have all year long and I'm not viewing any of them in a bad light, just don't think some of them are starting material and could be improved upon if we are to return our strength squad-wise from 2011-2014. I've also read on different BVB boards around the internet and most of the posters there feel the same about these players (Michinho likely does too) so I don't see how what I'm saying doesn't represent the thoughts of any Dortmund fans around. A lot of them share these views actually, whether that's good or bad to you.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in