poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 34] BVB vs Werder Bremen

Saturday, 23.05.2015
kick-off: 15:30

vs

Farewell match for Jürgen Klopp and captain Sebastian #5 Kehl in the Signal Iduna Park which will create a very emotional atmosphere after the final whistle and maybe also during the match. nevertheless the players have to focus on making the comeback of the year possible: 18th in the winter break and now re-entering the european stage on the last matchday.

Furthermore...
BVB will finish seventh...
... if they draw against Werder Bremen and Hoffenheim do not beat Berlin by at least eleven goals.

BVB will finish sixth...
... if they win against Werder Bremen and Augsburg are beaten in Mönchengladbach.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2015, 15:38 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

last press-conference in the Signal-Iduna-Park with Jürgen Klopp (at least as BVB coach..)

Hummels and Kuba are back to training. most likely Roman Weidenfeller will start the match vs Bremen.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:34
Forum Manager
Star Player

Not sure why Roman will start this unless it's some sort of unofficial farewell to him from the club. Doesn't make any sense otherwise, especially as it denies Langerak an opportunity to get some more match practice ahead of the cup final. Unless...

Should be nice to see the reception both Klopp and Kehl get for their final home game, hopefully it'll end on a winning note too and the team can maybe finish 6th if Augsburg don't spring another surprise away at Gladbach.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2015, 11:02 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulgrana View Post
Not sure why Roman will start this unless it's some sort of unofficial farewell to him from the club. Doesn't make any sense otherwise, especially as it denies Langerak an opportunity to get some more match practice ahead of the cup final. Unless...

Should be nice to see the reception both Klopp and Kehl get for their final home game, hopefully it'll end on a winning note too and the team can maybe finish 6th if Augsburg don't spring another surprise away at Gladbach.
yeah i would also prefer to have Mitch in the goal, as he definetly had the better season than Weidenfeller. it has a taste of giving him the possibility to play this last match in front of the bvb audience..

will be a very special moment for both Kehl and Klopp tomorrow..

possible line-ups, but i dont expect Reus to start this one...

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2015, 14:27
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, official:

Weidenfeller
Durm - Subotic - Hummels - Schmelzer
Gundogan - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Sokratis, Piszczek, Bender, Jojic, Kampl, Immobile

Wonder how many of this personnel are representing BVB for the last time at Signal Iduna Park today. Klopp, Kehl, and probably Gundogan for sure, the rest are all question marks of course. Hopefully they can mark this occasion with a win to round off the league campaign and qualify for Europe.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2015, 16:36
Forum Manager
Star Player

A 3-2 win to round off the campaign and because of Gladbach's slip up against Augsburg, we'll end the season in 7th place. Disappointing because the expectations at the start of the year were to qualify for the CL, but given the fact that this team had hit rock bottom just a few months ago, it's not a bad feat at all to come from 18th to qualifying for Europe through the league in just half a season.

Mkhitaryan was very good today, probably the best player on the pitch. Kagawa had a productive game in terms of goals/assists but didn't consistently link up well with others. Reus looks a bit rusty, but better than he did last week so I'm hopeful that he'll be 100% for next week at this point.

Emotional farewells for Kehl and Klopp as expected. You could just tell by the look on Klopp's face at the end there that he's really going to miss this place and everything he's been a part of at Dortmund but unfortunately good things always have to end at some point in life and his time here is up.

Now we move on to the final game of the Jurgen Klopp era, a chance to win a trophy and let him sign off in style which is the least he deserves after all he's achieved in nearly a decade at the club.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2015, 19:10
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Congrats on reaching EL. Good for Germany. Fight for a CL place next season will be on, I am sure. There are 4 other good teams out there though.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2015, 06:45 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

awesome ending of this season when looking at the winter break. team got his shit together mainly after Klopps press conference regarding his resignation after this season.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2015, 08:40 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

a big THANK YOU Kloppo for seven fantastic years!!!
you re-invented the BVB game and injected the passion into our club again!!

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2015, 08:44 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

and of course thank you Capitano! Sebastian Kehl for 13 years of true love for the club. what a fighter and example of a football pro

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in