Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[DFB Pokal - Semi-final] FC Bayern München vs BVB

Tuesday 28.04.2015
Kick-off: 20:30

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2015, 11:00 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

BVB goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller suffered some pelvic bruising and a torn ligament in training on Friday. Due to this injury Weidenfeller will be out for about two weeks.

This means that the goalkeeper will miss the matches against FC Bayern Munich (DFB Cup), TSG Hoffenheim and probably also against Hertha BSC (both in the Bundesliga).

this fact doesnt change much, as Mitch is our Pokal-goalkeeper but i am "happy" for him that the finally gets some more matches. Mitch Langerak is still unbeaten against Bayern, 3 matches - 3 victories.

Let's do this!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2015, 17:04 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-up:

Homer J. Simpson‏

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2015, 07:49
Forum Manager
Star Player

Would be great to beat them one last time for Klopp and have a crack at the trophy again to send him off on a winning note, but it'll be tough. I have to say that I do feel a bit more confident now than I did when the draw was made and our chances are better of beating them in a semi rather than a final, especially with the injury problems they have at the moment. We'll certainly be up for the occasion and make it tough for them as usual, just a matter of defending well as a team and taking our (few) chances.

Really like that projected lineup btw, think it's the best we can put out with Piszczek not quite yet ready and Sahin still missing. Have doubts on Klopp starting Kagawa though as he's benched him in every big game this year and he might opt for a harder working midfielder to free up Reus and PEA, could see Heno or Kampl get the nod instead. We'll see.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2015, 18:43
Forum Manager
Star Player

The lineup is exactly as posted above by Mich with Alomerovic, Ginter, Subotic, Kehl, Mkhitaryan, Kampl, and Ramos on the bench. So Immobile and Piszczek don't make the cut in the end but good to see Klopp put his faith in Kagawa in a big game for once this season. Let's hope he delivers.

On the other hand, Pep has gone with Weiser instead of Gotze and Rafinha as a CB. Also thrown Benatia into the fire and left out Schweini. Interesting decisions from him, hope we could take advantage of their weakened right side though. Hummels, Gundogan, Reus, and Kagawa need to have big games if we are to get through here and to the final. Heja BVB!

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2015, 22:50
Forum Manager
Star Player

So damn proud of this team. We had a lot of luck to get through but you need things to fall your way sometimes in order to win and we earned it with that spirited fight back in the second half.

I see that none of the Bayern supporters/sympathizers/fan boys don't have any congratulations to give but want to complain about a handball in the box for them. Seems as if they forget that Kampl got sent off for just making two fouls and Alonso got away with worse or that they forgot that we had a legit goal disallowed in last year's final which changed everything. Very interesting behavior from them.

But who cares, after such a long and disappointing season, to have a game like this and prevail over them in such circumstances is just fantastic and a moment to savor for Dortmund fans everywhere. Hope we go on to win the final now to give Klopp the perfect send-off. Heja BVB!

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2015, 22:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulgrana View Post
So damn proud of this team. We had a lot of luck to get through but you need things to fall your way sometimes in order to win and we earned it with that spirited fight back in the second half.

I see that none of the Bayern supporters/sympathizers/fan boys don't have any congratulations to give but want to complain about a handball in the box for them. Seems as if they forget that Kampl got sent off for just making two fouls and Alonso got away with worse or that they forgot that we had a legit goal disallowed in last year's final which changed everything. Very interesting behavior from them.

But who cares, after such a long and disappointing season, to have a game like this and prevail over them in such circumstances is just fantastic and a moment to savor for Dortmund fans everywhere. Hope we go on to win the final now to give Klopp the perfect send-off. Heja BVB!

You can't be serious. I actually mentioned Alonso. :rollani:

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2015, 22:59
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
You can't be serious. I actually mentioned Alonso. :rollani:
Wasn't even talking about you but that troll cagane who only mentioned the Schmelzer handball at all as a critical point in the game.

Alonso should have been sent off more deservedly than Kampl should have. He made two fouls after coming on, neither of them too malicious, and got booked for both. The referee was crap, simple as that, he didn't favor either team.

You didn't see me cry as much about the Hummels goal in the final last year as your forum is doing about the Schmelzer handball. It's a cup game, anything can happen in these and sometimes you have luck on your side sometimes you don't. Last year we didn't but this time we did and I like to think that we earned it after fighting back well in the second half. Don't see what's wrong with that at all.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2015, 23:20
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I guess you noticed I was talking a lot about our missed chances. But of course - and you can't deny that - the handball was the very first debatable scene in the game and therefore of course would have had the biggest impact.

But I also agree with Neuer (that was a great interview) when he said "the way we did the penalties today we would have missed anyway".

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2015, 23:37
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
how crazy was it that they both slipped almost exactly the same! then Goetze stepped up like he was standing on ice!! mental

and yeah Bayern should of had a blatant pen earlier in game

also agree that Alonso could easily of got a second yellow

not a good night at all for Bayern with RObben getting injured again as well. Barca must be licking their lips!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2015, 23:56
International

The Schmelzer handball was a clear penalty but given that Bayern have been awarded several cheap penalties in the league and the CL in recent years I personally wasn't disappointed that it wasn't given. What goes around comes around.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2015, 06:46 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

awesome win! didnt expect anything after the first half where we did exactly nothing.
Heja BVB! proud of the team that they made it to berlin!

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2015, 07:30 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

product launch in the fc bayern fanshop, especially in Lahms size:

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2015, 07:58 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Mickey really had a strong impact on the match when subbed in. also Socratis had a very good game i would say, strong in the one on ones and they didnt offer much for Lewandowski despite of the goal on this counterattack.

so, Bayern missed 4 penalty kicks but still think they would have scored after the Schmelzer handball?

and, MIIIIIIIIIITTTTTCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Homer J. Simpson‏

Last edited by Michinho; April 29th, 2015 at 11:29.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2015, 11:22 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

#miasanausgerutscht

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2015, 06:31 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

no big surprise yesterday, Wolfsburg beat Bielefeld with 4-0 and are the team to beat in the final

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2015, 07:03
Forum Manager
Star Player

Yeah, was never really in doubt. Should be a good final though with plenty of attacking talent on display between two of Germany's rising powers in recent years. Hope we'll have Piszczek, Sahin, and the rest available for it so we can give Klopp the farewell he deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
I guess you noticed I was talking a lot about our missed chances. But of course - and you can't deny that - the handball was the very first debatable scene in the game and therefore of course would have had the biggest impact.

But I also agree with Neuer (that was a great interview) when he said "the way we did the penalties today we would have missed anyway".
Well, Gagelmann apologized afterwards so clearly admitted he made a mistake there (although it meant nothing by then anyways). I'd disagree about that being the first debatable scene, I thought we could have had one for a Benatia handball earlier than that which wasn't given. I still think Kampl was harshly sent off especially when considering what Alonso got away with.

Gagelmann was a joke in this game. That scene during extra time when he gave Dortmund a freekick about 20 seconds after playing advantage before coming back to give it surely must have broken some sort of refereeing law, don't think it is allowed anywhere to do that. He lost all control of the game and badly too.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in