[CL - matchday 4] BVB vs Galatasaray - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2014, 11:07 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[CL - matchday 4] BVB vs Galatasaray

lets switch to the CL-campaign and try to secure the way into the next round already in this home match. after the convincing victory in istanbul everybody expects a clear win, but one has to be alarmed as we were extremely effective in netting in our opportunities in turkey to make it that clear. tactically i expect a totally different game, as they wont be that stupid to let us play our counter attacking approach again.

will be interesting how Kloppo manages to find the right tactic against the turks and which player will already get a rest before the weekend clash against Möchengladbach.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2014, 12:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Easy win and then followed by a loss against Mönchengladbach. I suppose my prediction is not much of a surprise though given how the season went so far.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2014, 15:04 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-up (not yet confirmed):

Borussia Dortmund:
-----------Weidenfeller
-Pisczcek-Subotic--Sokratis-Durm
---------Bender-Gündogan
Mchitarjan--Kagawa----Reus (Großkreutz)
-----------Immobile

Galatasaray Istanbul:
-----------Muslera
Sabri--Chedjou--Semih--Telles
------Felipe Melo, Selcuk
Altintop----Dzemaili--Sneijder
------------Burak

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2014, 20:42
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup is:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Sokratis - Durm
Bender - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus
Aubameyang

Score is 1-0 to Dortmund at halftime, Reus with a good finish on the end of a clever through ball from Piszczek. Very much a different game from the one in Istanbul, GS playing much deeper and defensively this time around with less spaces given away although their CBs are to blame for that goal, left too big of a gap for Reus to exploit which he did. No attacking threat so far from them either apart from one half chance for Sneijder.

Another goal should be enough for the 3 points the way this is going, hopefully Ciro/Ramos can come on and rebuild some confidence again. Gundogan should be subbed in at some point as well.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2014, 21:55
Forum Manager
Star Player

FT Dortmund 4-1 Galatasaray

They opened up more in the second half and were duly punished for the mistakes and gaps they left behind, I'm sure the incidents involving their fans had an effect on their concentration as well particularly when Sokratis scored the second right after their players had a chat with the fans to stop throwing flares. Overall another easy win, GS is a really poor team at the moment in all honesty though so hard to look too much into this of course.

Arsenal drew at home to Anderlecht despite being 3-0 up at one stage, leaves them 5 points off Dortmund and 10 goals behind on GD so just 1 point from the last 2 games will be enough for BVB to win the group. Through to the last 16 of both cups, now it's definitely time to put all that aside and focus on the league for the next few months before the KO stages.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2014, 21:59
Premier Player

-------------Mkhitaryan

----------Weidenfeller

Piszczek ---Subotic---Sokratis---Durm

-----------Bender --------Kehl

--------Kagawa-----------Reus

--------------Auba
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2014, 06:35 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

i agree, Gala's team is really poor currently but all in all first you have to beat them. especially under the circumstances we are at the moment. think Klopp made the right decisions when he took out Reus and Kagawa to give the some rest before the very important match on Sunday against Gladbach. An additional day to recover from the CL campaing which should help to fire out of all cylinders against Favre's boys

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in