LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2014, 15:40 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[CL - matchday 3] Galatasaray vs BVB

possible line-ups for Galatasaray vs BVB

Muslera - Veysel Sari, Chedjou, Semih, Tarik - Felipe Melo, Selcuk Inan - Olcan, Sneijder, Dzemaili - Burak
coach: Prandelli

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Großkreutz - S. Bender, Kehl - H. Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Reus - Ramos
coach: Klopp

Durm is out, hence most likely Großkreutz will get the go to start as left back. Kehl and Bender as the central midfield hopefully will bring some stability for our defence as well. Would prefer not to risk Reus from the beginning and start Aubameyang...

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; October 22nd, 2014 at 16:03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2014, 18:52
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Hummels - Sokratis
Bender - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Ginter, Gundogan, Jojic, Grosskreutz, Immobile, Ramos

No idea what Klopp is going for here, on paper they're saying it's Sokratis at LB but I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of his random, untested experiments again with 3 at the back. Also starting Aubameyang up top, I guess that must be a message to both Immobile and Ramos to improve as they haven't really played that well lately especially in the Bundesliga.

No idea how this is going to turn out or how the team will look out on the pitch tonight, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. A point would be more than satisfactory here as it will almost certainly put the team on the verge of progressing, any more is a bonus and any less will make life harder than it needs to be to get through.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2014, 00:11
Forum Manager
Star Player

FT - Galatasaray 0:4 Dortmund

Absolutely brilliant performance on the offensive end today from the team, even though it wasn't really a particularly hard task to do well with all the spaces GS left behind at the back and with the poor defensive display they put up here. Aubameyang had two and could have scored a hat trick if not for his effort coming off the post in the first half, Reus had a good game and scored an absolute beauty from 25-30 yards out, Kagawa and Mkhitaryan were creating a lot of trouble with their movement, and the defense was rarely troubled today although how much of that was down to anything Klopp has addressed and how much was down to the poor quality of the opponent will be seen pretty soon. Sokratis didn't put a foot wrong and looked adept at left back though at the very least, could be a nice defensive option to play there when the situation presents itself in the future.

3 wins from 3, with 9 goals scored and not a single one conceded, a draw at home to Gala next time along with an Arsenal triumph at home to Anderlecht will put the team through to the next round. Has turned out to be a pretty straightforward and easy group so far, still a job to do of course to seal progression but it's hard to see it not happening one way or another. Great progress is being made in the cup competitions but it's a very different story in the league, the focus has to turn on that now before top 4 aspirations start to look very bleak and too hard to overturn. The best thing now is that most of the key players are fit again and they can build a rhythm over the coming weeks by playing regularly with each other, on that note hopefully Bender and Kagawa's knocks tonight weren't anything serious.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2014, 02:20
International

Nice win but I'm still waiting to see what the team can do against the likes of Chelsea, Barcelona, Real.

Galatasaray, Anderlecht and Arsenal aren't really much of a challenge, to be honest.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2014, 05:58
Armenian Scout
International

Teams: Armenia NT, Pyunik
Arsenal is a strong challenge. Winnable, but not easy by any means. Galatasaray away should have been better. Dortmund did well to neutralize them so easily.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:21 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
i wont get too excited about yesterdays match cause we urgently need to show those kind of performances in the league as well. klopps strategy worked well but of course our efficiency upfront yesterday was crucial.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in