[CL - matchday 2] Anderlecht vs BVB - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2014, 13:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

[CL - matchday 2] Anderlecht vs BVB

Away to Anderlecht today, key game in terms of qualification and a win will certainly leave the team well placed for a top two finish even at this early stage. Wouldn't take the Belgians lightly though, clearly an improving outfit and growing more experienced in Europe every year, the fact that they almost beat GS in Istanbul has to say something about their quality too.

Kirch, Sahin, Blaszcykowski, Gundogan, Mkhitaryan, and Reus are all definitely out while Kehl is a doubt. Ji is fit again though I believe.

Projected lineup:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Sokratis - Hummels - Durm
Jojic - Bender
Aubameyang - Kagawa - Grosskreutz
Immobile

Hope it goes well and 3 new points achieved with no injuries, although the latter might be hard to expect considering the team's luck on that front these days.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2014, 15:06
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
luckily i will be able to watch the full game tonight. really looking forward to see how our team will react after the loss in the derby. Hopefully Jojic, Bender and Kagawa have a good day. Their performance will be essential and key

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2014, 19:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Sokratis - Schmelzer
Bender - Kehl
Aubameyang - Kagawa - Grosskreutz
Immobile

Bench: Langerak, Hummels, Ginter, Durm, Amini, Jojic, Ramos

A bit surprising maybe that Schmelzer and Kehl make the starting lineup and I assume that no risks are being taken with Hummels so that's why he isn't in. Pretty much the best available lineup otherwise although the bench lacks firepower aside from Ramos, the starters will need to do the job because there aren't really any game changers to sub on here.

Should be interesting to see how this Anderlecht team fares in the confidence that they're in against an out of form BVB side. Also looking forward to seeing Tielemans live in action for the first time, heard a lot of good things about this kid already and Dortmund were in fact close to signing him in the summer according to Klopp.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2014, 20:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

HT 0-1

Really poor officiating so far. Grosskreutz's goal looked more onside than Immobile's to me yet only the latter stood and there didn't seem to be much wrong with Mitrovic's strike for Anderlecht, think the linesman misread that situation.

Kagawa, Schmelzer, and the two DMs are playing well, the rest have been meh. Aubameyang is having an off day, missed an absolute sitter and generally things aren't really going for him today. The defense still gets caught out too much by simple balls, it's worrying.

Pretty good game though, Anderlecht look like a capable team although their defense isn't too difficult to break down at times. Could easily be 2-4 at the break or something similar. Knock in another goal in the next 45 and see out the win, obviously the target now.

Arsenal 3-0 up against Galatasaray in the other game, all over there it seems already. The way the Turks are going under Prandelli, it would be quite a disappointment if BVB don't at the very least finish in second place of the group.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2014, 22:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

FT - Anderlecht 0:3 Dortmund

The Belgians put up a decent performance, but difference in class and quality told in the end truth be told. They could have had a couple of goals themselves if it wasn't for Mitrovic's rotten luck with hitting the post and having a goal wrongly disallowed, but overall BVB were more than deserving of the points for the efficiency in the final third. Kagawa had a pretty good game, Aubameyang improved in the second half even though his finishing let him down, and Ramos with two excellently taken goals off the bench. Still think he should be starting over Immobile based off what we've seen in recent weeks but it's good to have two forwards who are showing early potential signs of replacing Lewandowski in the long term successfully, just need time before they really start to find a fit in the team.

6 points from 2 games, good start and now back-to-back fixtures against Galatasaray. 4 points there should seal the deal in terms of progressing to the KO stages, will be important that Reus, Hummels, and Mkhitaryan should all be ready to go for the game in Turkey in three weeks' time where the pressure for GS to win will be on.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2014, 06:32
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
deserved victory for our boys. Kagawa had a pretty good match, especially in the first half. Kehl was the boss in midfield over the complete 90 minutes and RSC was not able to gain control for longer than 2 minutes. For me Aubameyang didnt have a bad game, he just missed those two big chances but together with Immobile he pressured the RSC defence a lot. IMO, Subotic was lucky that Anderlecht didnt materialize his bad positioning yesterday. In the end Ramos used his 2 chances by closing the game and giving us the second win in this campaign.

Hummels was rested, which was the right decision IMO. As 3 games within the first week after coming back from many injuries would have been just the wrong way to go. I was a bit surprised to see Schmelzer in the starting line-up as Durm is definetly the better player.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in