[CL - matchday 1] BVB vs Arsenal - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2014, 01:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

[CL - matchday 1] BVB vs Arsenal

Big home game against Arsenal tonight/tomorrow...

Hummels, Gundogan, Sahin, Kirch, Ji, Reus, and Blaszcykowski are all out for the game. Immobile should be able to play though after missing the Freiburg game with a minor hip problem.

I expect the lineup to be something like the following...

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Sokratis - Subotic - Durm
Bender - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Grosskreutz
Ramos

Main questions are Subotic/Ginter, Bender/Jojic, and Immobile/Ramos, the rest of the lineup should be as listed above. Grosskreutz over Aubameyang because the former almost always starts games of this profile due to his tremendous work rate and the balance he brings to the team while Aubameyang is probably best suited to a role as a super sub, especially now that Kagawa is back and Heno is also there ahead of him.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2014, 10:03
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
think that Klopp will start with Großkreutz as you already mentioned, Auba will be an option depending on the result between 60th and 75th minute. Jojic over Bender for me as Kehl together with Bender is a bit too predictable and one-dimensioned. additionally, Jojic had a good match against Freiburg and i believe we wont see too many changes from that game.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2014, 10:22
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-ups:

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2014, 19:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Weidenfeller
Durm - Subotic - Sokratis - Schmelzer
Bender - Kehl
Aubameyang - Mkhitaryan - Grosskreutz
Immobile

Bench: Langerak, Ginter, Bandowski, Amini, Jojic, Kagawa, Ramos

So Immobile gets the nod over Ramos having recovered from injury, huge game for him and his immediate future in the team because he's been far from convincing so far and Ramos has been scoring lately so this is really an opportunity for him to prove himself and pin down a regular spot in the team if he does well, he was expected to be signed as the #1 striker after all.

Aubameyang also in for Kagawa, reasonable decision considering Auba's form and the lack of match fitness Shinji still has (despite his good game at the weekend, he looked noticeably rusty) as well as some of the cramping he had earlier this week in training but it leaves a scarcity of game changers on the bench with Pierre starting.

Piszczek not even in the squad which I'm not sure about as to why, don't think he is suspended and I haven't seen anything reported about an injury. Maybe a technical decision and Klopp sending a message to the player? Could well be if it's not something like a last minute knock.

Looking forward to this one.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2014, 20:20
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Terrible choke by Mikhtaryan. He finds himself in decent situations but doesn't take advantage. He should have KO'd Real Madrid last year, if he finds himself in similar dilemmas he's going to be wasting his potential. Talent is one thing but a weak mentality to go along with it is another.

Borussia should win this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2014, 20:33
International

Teams: FC Berdyev
Amazing pace, control, and superb finish by Immobile.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2014, 20:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

HT 1-0

What a fantastic goal from Immobile, great timing as well especially for him because he was struggling out there the entire half and looked lost, I thought he might be subbed off at halftime for Ramos the way he was going but that goal might buy him some more time. Hopefully an indication of things to come.

Disappointed with Miki and Auba's final product today, but the movement and pressing has been first class, Arsenal just can't cope with it. 15-1 on shots in favor of BVB, total domination of the game play in that first half. More of the same in the second please and another goal should sew this game up unless something ridiculous happens.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old September 16th, 2014, 22:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

FT - Dortmund 2:0 Arsenal

Fantastic performance all round with the only knock on the team being that we didn't win by more because this easily could have ended 4-0 or 5-0 but it's nothing to take away from a great display. 23-3 on shots in favor of Dortmund despite just having 47% possession. They couldn't live with the gegenpressing of the BVB players, the combination plays were a joy to watch, the defense was rock solid apart from maybe a couple occasions, and the goals were just very well executed. Immobile grew a lot in confidence after that, think it might be a heavy burden just lifted off his shoulders with the way he scored it as well.

Aubameyang 5 goals in 6 games now to start the season, prolific just like last year at this stage, Mkhitaryan with another very good game despite his lack of efficiency in front of goal again, Grosskreutz and Bender also worked tirelessly on both ends, while the entire defense looked superb imo. Hopefully the team can continue like this because that was a very impressive display when you consider that several starters were still missing (of course Arsenal were missing a few themselves but they still had most of their big guns out there tbf).

In other news, Galatasaray-Anderlecht ended 1-1 so a good result for BVB. Next up is Anderlecht away before a double header with GS, I think 7 points in the next 3 games should seal the deal in terms of advancement. Hard to see BVB going out now after today, especially in what is by some distance the weakest group the team has gotten in any of the last 4 seasons. Shouldn't be too much of a problem at all really but there is still a job to be done.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2014, 06:49
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

wasnt able to watch the game but seemed like a convincing win for us. Pisczek was left out due to muscular problems during the warm-up sessions, so surely a wise decision not to risk more injuries. same goes with Kagawa.

nice start into the CL campaign, will try to get the highlights this evening.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in