[BL - matchday 17] Werder Bremen vs BVB - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 15:35 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 17] Werder Bremen vs BVB

1-0 bremen. we are really screwed and the team is not able to show the same attitude as versus wolfsburg...

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 15:53 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

second goal for bremen.... unbelievable where this team is going...
our defence is just a joke again today. 20 mins to go but i doubt we will turn around this match. 17th or 18th spot through the winter for the bvb. (depends on Freiburgs game tomorrow) just crazy...

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; December 20th, 2014 at 15:59.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 16:00 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Selke had the chance to increase the lead for Werder to 3-0 but just a minute later Hummels makes it 1-2 in 67th minute!!! come on!!!

Homer J. Simpson‏

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 16:21 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

3 minutes and this nightmare is over...

final whistle. disapponting performance again from the team. we completely lost it and there are right now teams like Bremen who found a way to beat us easily... that should be more than a warning

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 16:31
International

Well, that was an abysmal performance. Apart from the 5-10 minutes of play that led to Hummels goal, the team looked poor throughout the game and got outplayed by one of the worst sides in the recent history of the Bundesliga. Bremen looked like Bayern for certain parts of the game, it was a disgraceful performance if I can even call it that. Things need to change and fast otherwise even a top 10 finish isn't guaranteed.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 16:38
Forum Manager
Star Player

Well, at least it's clear now that any optimism about finishing in the top 4 is pretty much gone as it isn't happening. I've been resigned to that since the Frankfurt game, now it's even more obvious.

The attitude of the team in these away games has been disgraceful, this is unacceptable considering the situation that the team is in and this kind of unprofessionalism at times is exactly the reason why. Just no urgency whatsoever, almost a polar opposite of what we see in the home games. If it isn't even possible to beat this Bremen or play with a better attitude at least, I'm not sure BVB will win another away game in the league this season and that could mean trouble.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 17:17
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Crazy stuff!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2014, 17:30
Rise from ashes
Premier Player

Teams: AC Milan
hummels is hotshit n their entire backline is disastrous while whatever formation they were playing it was horrific . Their midfield was as good as milan's which is a bad thing.
why was gundagaon playing so forward , they needed someone like him to control the midfield as well as destroyer who can break play a little bit n give rest to backline

Edit kagwa is shit
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 08:32 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Of course klopp's gameplan with high pressing and forcing the opponent to makellos faults was Not going to work with a squad of half-fit or recovering Players. Too many players were underperforming and additionally we miss 20 goals from lewandowski and some more from Reus as well. A lot of work in the winter break as we have to improve in many sections on the field.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 08:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinho View Post
Of course klopp's gameplan with high pressing and forcing the opponent to makellos faults was Not going to work with a squad of half-fit or recovering Players. Too many players were underperforming and additionally we miss 20 goals from lewandowski and some more from Reus as well. A lot of work in the winter break as we have to improve in many sections on the field.
How did Reus recover from his serious injury anyway? Is he as fast and quick as he used to be?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 09:04 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahzeL View Post
How did Reus recover from his serious injury anyway? Is he as fast and quick as he used to be?
He is still the same player but right now one has to give him time to recover, as he suffered nearly the same injury twice in a year.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 09:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
He is not nearly as fast anymore now without his car. p

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 09:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinho View Post
He is still the same player but right now one has to give him time to recover, as he suffered nearly the same injury twice in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 10:14
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Hehe

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 17:27 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Freiburg leading 1-0 at halftime would mean last place in the table for Bvb. :eekani:

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2014, 17:34 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

The match in Bremen was “a mirror image of our first half of the season.” In an interview after Saturday’s defeat to Werder, BVB coach Jürgen Klopp talked about the current situation, the preparations in January and the prospects for the spring. He promised: “We will fight back with all our might.”

Jürgen Klopp is relieved that the football year 2014 is over. “That’s the only good news today,” he said after the the 2-1 defeat in the last match of 2014, but the BVB boss was also already looking ahead and promised a fighting, spirited BVB team in 2015.

Jürgen Klopp on the defeat to Werder:

This match was like a mirror image of our first half of the season. After the early goal the game went a bit scrappy. We didn’t play well in the first half. We made some changes in the second and improved a bit. We put Werder under pressure and also had chances. But it was not enough.

… the current situation:

All the criticism we are receiving is justified. We are also unhappy with ourselves and our situation. But there are also explanations for this first half of the season. Most of the lads had no or only a short pre-season or came from an injury and quickly had to find the rhythm of playing three games a week, and for that reason they didn’t play to their potential. The only good news today is that the first half of the season is over. Today is tough day for all people who care about Borussia Dortmund, but this club will prevail. There’s a chance things will get better, and I still believe that will be the case.

… the prospects:

The season isn’t over yet. We still have 17 games to play and most importantly, we will have an almost complete squad going into the preparation. So far we have lacked stability, and we will work hard to get it back. It will become much more difficult to beat us and we will also win games again. We will fight back with all our might.

… possible new signings:

We will talk about whether we need to make changes, but we will not just sign any player to make numbers up. We are not going to change things for the sake of it.

Source: Bvb

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in