LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2014, 14:32 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 14] BVB vs Hoffenheim

Source: bvb.de

For the first time since August Borussia Dortmund have a “normal training week” with just the one match at the weekend. Even if the time between matches against Frankfurt (Sunday) and Hoffenheim (Friday) is the shortest conceivable, the team will be able to work on tactical matters during these days without any long journeys to undertake.

“We can train, work on techniques and discuss things,” said Jürgen Klopp. There are three training sessions planned before the 8.30 pm kick-off on Friday night, the last one on the morning of the match. “We can still go through some things then.”

The BVB coach outlined the dilemma that faces a tactically and technically highly skilled team (which few would disagree with) should they unexpectedly find themselves in a relegation battle. Nobody, says the coach, is blind to the situation or is unaware of how serious it is.

“I know what a relegation battle feels like”

But “a team that is used to being in a relegation battle has no footballing aspirations left,” said Klopp. “Their only function is to put up a good fight with an outstanding approach. We still feel a kind of footballing disappointment when something doesn't come off. In a relegation battle you don't need seven chances, just the one. It's not about playing the greatest game of all time, but to be successful. That requires a solid defensive performance, and in attack we'll get chances anyway. I know what a relegation battle feels like. And I've survived 98 percent of all my relegation battles, so I can pass on my experience.”
image BVB's players celebrate against Hoffenheim: Sahin and Hummels return? Sokratis is doubtful.

Many discussions are taking place and the team are under the spotlight. “As coach,” said Klopp, “I have to find out who can take the pressure and respond accordingly. That requires playing resources slowly becoming available again.” Mats Hummels may be able to play, though Sokratis looks a doubt. “We could respond, and that's what I intend to do.” The crucial question is, “Who will be the most robust?”

However, the coach added that this decision was for “right now, for this game”. And not everyone left on the bench would be there because they weren't considered “robust” enough. Only eleven players are allowed on the pitch and they have to be picked with the opposition in mind.

“Hoffenheim can kick pretty well”
TSG Hoffenheim come to Signal Iduna Park as a team in the top five in the league in terms of goals scored and clear-cut chances created. Klopp attributes them with “high quality in attack which has to be faced. Hoffenheim is a team that can kick really well.” He is expecting “lots of challenges where you have to fight for the ball, “ and sees this as positive, saying, “We will analyse our opponent, but the much bigger factor is what we do ourselves, not what our opponent is offering.”

Franz Beckenbauer would no doubt tell the lads to just go out there and play football. Jürgen Klopp said: “Friday night is high noon, we have to play football.”

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2014, 09:43 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

so the line-up against Hoffe will most likely a bit different. Hummels is set to return and replace the off-form Ginter. on the right and left side i dont expect changes, hence Piszcek and Durm will complete the back four.
With Kuba finally making it to the roster, we hopefully soon have the possibility to give a rest to the underperformers Großkreutz and Kagawa, but of course Kuba needs a lot of time and should not be risked in that situation.

Therefore i guess we will see something like this tonigth
----------Weidenfeller
-Pisczek-Subotic-Hummels-Durm
---------Kehl---Mkhytarian
---Auba-----Gündogan--Kagawa
-------------Ramos

Sahin will possible get some minutes and also Ciro might replace Ramos in front.. really wondering how Klopp will form his team tonight

Last edited by Michinho; December 5th, 2014 at 10:02.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2014, 19:05
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Langerak
Piszczek - Subotic - Hummels - Schmelzer
Bender - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Gundogan - Aubameyang
Ramos

Bench: Weidenfeller, Ginter, Durm, Sahin, Grosskreutz, Kagawa, Immobile

Plenty of changes for this one. Weidenfeller, Ginter, Durm, Grosskreutz, and Kagawa all deservedly benched for their poor form as of late, although Immobile still can't get a start in the league at the moment. Don't think Klopp is at all convinced by him and his abilities to adapt to the German game yet. Gundogan should be able to provide more than Kagawa in the AM role at this point, especially with double cover behind him so let's see how this works. Could even switch into a 4-4-2 diamond with PEA joining Ramos up top.

Hoffenheim starting with three DMs, definitely more defensive than usual on their part. This one should be interesting. 3 points are a must in this situation, naturally.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2014, 22:04 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

1-0 ilkayyyyyyyyyyy

Have to watch the full 90 Minuten tomorrow as my girlfriend blocked the TV with the voice of.....

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2014, 10:49 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Auba on the right worked pretty well as his speed is jsut an incredible weapon if used on the right position. His cross to Ilkays Gündogan was simply perfect, despite Hoffenheims Keeper Baumann looked bad but wouldn't have been able to safe Gündogans header if standing on the line as well. the back four was pretty solid and MoM would be Hummels to me. Subotic tackle in the last minutes could have costed us the victory but finally we had the luck on our side and deserved to win that match. Mickey just has to intensively work on his finishing, he is most likely the player with the most shots on goal without beeing able to convert one of them....

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2014, 11:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Did Mitch have anything to do?

I hope he finally gets a run in the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2014, 07:06 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Did Mitch have anything to do?

I hope he finally gets a run in the team.
not really, 1 shot by Schipplock in the first half.
we'll see what Klopp plans for the coming weeks..

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2014, 11:09 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

interview with Mitch Langerak

Mitch Langerak had interview after interview with the media after the game against Hoffenheim, and, of course, he had a huge smile on his face in each one of them. “I hope to play again,” said BVB’s Australian goalkeeper.

All eyes were on you tonight but you didn’t look nervous at all. Were you?

Of course, I’m always nervous before games but when it starts I have to focus on my job. And that’s what I did against Hoffenheim. It also helps if the team plays as well as they did tonight as I didn’t have much to do and wasn’t forced to make any saves, and so I’m very happy how things went.

You replaced Roman Weidenfeller in the starting line-up. How’s your relationship with BVB’s regular number one?

We have had a great relationship for the last five years. We often talk with each other, and that was also the case after the coach made his decision. We talked before the game and Roman wished me good luck. We are good friends, on and off the pitch.

When were you told that you would start against Hoffenheim?

The coach told me I’m playing this morning at training. I had a hunch before, but I only knew for sure on the day of the game. But that’s not a problem as I’m used to it. As a No 2 goalkeeper, you always have to be ready to play.”

According to your coach, it was your smile that gave you the nod…

I just heard that story. I always smile once a game is over, as long as we won. During a match, however, I’m all focused and do not laugh.

What’s next? Will you stay number one?

I don’t know. I’ll keep working hard, and hopefully will start another game. But we haven’t talked about it yet. I think the decision was only made for this week. Next week there will be a new decision, but that doesn’t only apply to goalkeepers but to all positions.”

But you wouldn’t mind playing on a regular basis, would you?

No, of course not (laughs). I want to play as often as possible.

You weren’t forced to make a single save of note against Hoffenheim. Would you have liked to see more shots on your goal?

No, but I must compliment my teammates because every time I play, I don’t have much to do. It’s a great team and they make my life a lot easier.”

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in