[BL - matchday 13] Eintracht Frankfurt vs BVB

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Ginter - Durm
Bender - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Grosskreutz
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Schmelzer, Jojic, Stankovic, Sahin, Gundogan, Ramos

Good to see Durm starting again which is somewhat better for our left side, but Ginter and Grosskreutz are in again which isn't good considering the way they've been playing. Kagawa who's another out of form player is also starting. Gundogan left out, Sahin on the bench, and Immobile not even in the squad.

Not sure how this one is going to turn out after seeing what happened last week, but a win is a must obviously. Let's see how this goes.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2014, 18:06
Premier Player

Relegation here we come
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2014, 18:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I know he is still young and it has taken other young players many years of failure to finally reach an acceptable level (for example Boateng) but I am just sooo happy right now that Bayern didn't have interest in Ginter.

He is having a terrible season since joining Dortmund. He looks so mistake-prone, it is unreal for a nationalteam player.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2014, 19:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Ginter has been awful, can't even do the basic things right it seems, but he doesn't deserve all of the blame for the situation Dortmund is in of course. At times Grosskreutz, Kehl, Bender, Durm, Subotic, Kagawa, and Mkhitaryan look just as bad as anyone out there.

2-0 defeat to Frankfurt and well deserved yet again. The team is extremely low on confidence, can't create, score, or defend, and there are few technical players in the lineup that can change the way the team plays when Reus, Hummels, Gundogan, and Sahin are all out of the lineup. All these experiments Klopp has been doing like the Bender-Kehl pairing, Aubameyang as a striker, Ginter in defense, and Grosskreutz anywhere are backfiring badly, none of it is working well.

People keep hoping a turnaround will happen every week, but it's been the same stuff for 3 straight months now. At this point I'm actually more worried that relegation is possible than a top 4 spot, still early in the season but there is literally almost no margin for error anymore and it's truly amazing that we can even think about a CL spot with the way things have gone, still just 10 points behind fourth as things stand. Truly bizarre season.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:27
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
really weired situation but i really hope that the players now do not look on the table and say "hey it's still only 10 points to the cl posts". that would be the wrong spirit in fighting against this mess. against hoffenheim on friday evening we will have to win, otherwise we will be in deep shit for the whole winter break. the coming 3 weeks will show in which direction we go, either climb in the table step by step or we fail to learn from our mistakes and wake-up in spring with 15 points and realize that we have to fight against relegation. the thought is still ridiculous when thinking about what players we have in our squad, but still the likes of Ilkay and Neven are not yet on the level before their injuries and Ginter is really having a hell of a season recently....

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in