[BL - matchday 12] Paderborn vs BVB - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2014, 14:18 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 12] Paderborn vs BVB

back to business. we managed to survive the international break with no additional injured player, Reus has recovered as planned, Sahin is back to team training and will find his way into the roster against Paderborn on Saturday.

Ginter will most likely replace Sokratis as CB and a little question mark is still behind PEA, as he was not able to train regularly during the last week (muscular problems and flu).

our possible line-up vs Paderborn:

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Ginter, Durm - S. Bender, Kehl - H. Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Reus - Aubameyang (Ramos, Immobile)

the new-entry of the Bundesliga is 5 points ahead of us and will of course try to keep the points in the Beneler-Arena. With a win here BVB could close the gap to the midfield teams and start the fight for the international spots, a loss would certainly be a big blow after the convincing victory against M'gladbach on the last match day.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 03:07
Forum Manager
Star Player

Honestly I hope that isn't the lineup for this game. Kagawa should be benched on current form, Heno should get a chance to play more centrally, Gundogan should start instead of playing two pure DMs again, and at least one of Ramos/Immobile should get a chance to rebuild some confidence which they can't do by sitting on the bench every game. Ginter as a CB in an away game also scares me after his disastrous showing in Mainz a few rounds ago.

Goes without saying that this is another must-win considering the situation, especially with Hoffe playing away to Bayern and two 'top 4 contender clashes' between H96-B04 and SCH-WOL where points will be dropped. Time to start building some form in the league again and for once produce a clinical edge in front of goal, which seems to be the main problem with the team lately. The finishing has to improve.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2014, 08:17 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
i see in a different way. Bender and Kehl give the team the currently needed stability as they both are shutting down opponents and passing ways more efficient that Gündogan is able to (atm). of course, we need Ilkay to slot into the line-up some day but in the given situation where we need results more than style of play, i support the above line-up. it still is an away game and our attaching front will definetly be able to cause some problems to Paderborn.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2014, 14:34
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Ginter - Durm
Gundogan - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Schmelzer, Jojic, Stankovic, Grosskreutz, Immobile, Ramos

Good to see Ilkay start and add more of a passing dimension to the midfield which is what I wanted here (although no Bender on the bench, hopefully not injured again) although I would have started one of the strikers instead of Kagawa. Let's see how it goes here, won't be an easy one at all after what I've seen of Paderborn so far this season.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2014, 16:34
Forum Manager
Star Player

Paderborn 2:2 Dortmund

At a loss for words, really. Totally had the game under control at 2-0 and then they managed to score on a counter which was poorly defended by Ginter (who is really bad btw) when we were in a good position to get a third, then Starke being the scum ref that he's always been refused to show a red to Bakalorz for practically destroying Reus' ankle, then he disallows a perfectly fine Grosskreutz goal for offside, and from the following action they equalized from a corner to rescue a draw. As frustrating as it gets really and pretty much summed up the season in a nut shell, just unbelievable.

I fear the worst with Reus, that was a brutal challenge and he might have torn his ankle ligaments which means he's done until after the winter break. Kagawa was invisible yet again, time for him to go to the bench. Ciro/Ramos need to get some more playing time (I'm still looking for a good reason as to why KG was subbed on ahead of them) and Sahin/Sokratis/Hummels are all badly needed in those deeper positions and soon.

So frustrated as to how 2 points were just thrown away here. At the very least the gap from fourth remains -9 but these kind of throwaways are unacceptable if we're to mount any sort of challenge for a CL spot.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2014, 16:59
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Wow amazing how they just keep slipping up! Bad for reus

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2014, 18:18
International

How is Stark still allowed to referee Borussia games is beyond me. That guy single-handedly destroys Borussia everytime he referees them.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2014, 14:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Außenbandriss in his ankle. Out for 6 weeks. Just like me a month ago during tennis, except mine was not completely torn which is why I can already play again with a brace. Unfortunate for Reus really. Guy has a bad stretch and turns to be quite injury prone.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in