post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2014, 15:40 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 11] BVB vs Gladbach

Matchday 11
Saturday 09.11.2014 - 17:30 CET
Borussia Dortmund (17.) vs Borussia Mönchengladbach (3.)

time to turn things around and keep those f**** 3 points in Dortmund!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2014, 12:43 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-ups for the sunday match:
Attached Images

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2014, 11:19 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Reus and Weidenfeller in doubt because of flu...

Homer J. Simpson‏

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2014, 16:23
International

It's funny because, at this point, I would almost welcome a Gladbach win because that means that would still be just 4 points behind Bayern instead of 7.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 02:14
Forum Manager
Star Player

Don't think I could sum up the situation any better, this is the most important game of the season to date. Gladbach are in terrific form coming into this, haven't lost a single one of their 18 competitive games this season across all competitions to date, and can consolidate their top 4 status with a win here. For BVB, a win and it's just 9 points behind fourth place with the likes of Sahin and Schmelzer returning soon so it would be a huge boost to get three points in this one, but it will be difficult. I don't expect Favre to be naïve either, I can see BMG sitting in deep and waiting for counters just like every other team bar Augsburg, Freiburg, and Bayern have done this season in the league against Dortmund.

Hope to see Gundogan, Aubameyang, and Bender start this one. Grosskreutz on the bench again please, doesn't deserve a starting XI place what with his recent form.

By the way, how many tales does this picture tell?

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 03:48
International

I hate to say it but I think the team's decline began with Gotze leaving the club. If you look at it carefully, from the time he left to now, it's just been downhill for Dortmund in terms of achievements and good results. Since Gotze left, Dortmund was knocked out of the DFB Pokal twice by Bayern (lost the final last season), lost the title to Bayern by a high margin last season and crashed out of the CL at the quarter-final stage despite leading 2-0 at halftime in the second leg.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 08:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
I hate to say it but I think the team's decline began with Gotze leaving the club. If you look at it carefully, from the time he left to now, it's just been downhill for Dortmund in terms of achievements and good results. Since Gotze left, Dortmund was knocked out of the DFB Pokal twice by Bayern (lost the final last season), lost the title to Bayern by a high margin last season and crashed out of the CL at the quarter-final stage despite leading 2-0 at halftime in the second leg.
Dortmund finished 25 points behind Bayern in the last season Götze was still at Dortmund.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 09:52 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Klopp said IT right, we first have to bring wins to our account before thinking about positions and international spots. Team hast to realize that they are last of the table and as azulgrana said, favre is an very intelligent coach and gladbach will bei well prepared. Hope the crowd is patient enough as nervosity will bei allen big factor tonight as well

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 14:46
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Dortmund finished 25 points behind Bayern in the last season Götze was still at Dortmund.
Gotze was injured most of that season. My point is that the decline has been more significant ever since he left the club. The year he was still there, Dortmund made it to the CL final loosing just once in 10 CL games. The next year they didn't even make the final, lost in the final of the DFB Pokal and finished once again way behind Bayern in the table. They basically haven't won a single trophy since Gotze left.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 16:12
Forum Manager
Legend

Yes they haven't, but expecting to win trophies is overestimating Dortmund's abilities unless we talk about the DFB-Pokal. And they could have very well won that last year. I am not trying to make Dortmund sound worse than they are but they are not CL winning material (that one year making the final was depending on a LOT of luck both against Malaga and Real). And the squad quality and depth of Bayern between the two years of Dortmund winning the league and afterwards has changed that much, that Dortmund couldn't keep up with Götze and Lewandowski either as seen in the last years.

It's actually crediting Dortmund to say that Bayern had to invest so heavily and change tactic and system to overtake Dortmund again.

When you say Götze was injured most of the season you are forgetting he only was out in the last 4 Bundesliga matches and the CL final, he played until 30th matchday as well as both semi-finals against Real. So sorry, but he was there all season long.

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 16:23
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Sokratis - Durm
Bender - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Ginter, Schmelzer, Gundogan, Grosskreutz, Immobile, Ramos

Expected lineup, although Klopp is going with two DMs again in Bender and Kehl with Gundogan on the bench. Would have liked to have seen Ilkay start this one, but it's a patient process with him and having been out for 14 months, he's not going to start every game immediately and become a starter. The minutes he's been getting lately is good enough and Klopp knows his condition better than I do so I won't question him in this aspect at least with the decision he's taking unless Gundogan is fine and Klopp doesn't want to take any risks.

Hope this one ends well, could be a big morale booster for the rest of the fall season and give the team renewed confidence if they could end the rot today.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 17:10
Premier Player

Dortmund is cursed alm:
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 17:23
International

My dad just called Mkhitaryan Mister wasteful. xD
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 17:24
Premier Player

that was embarrasing, but don't like seeing him as a DM since kagawa came back
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 17:31
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Bring on Ramos
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 17:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Easily the best half of Dortmund this season. Very unlucky not to lead. Nothing at all coming from Gladbach so far.

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 17:48
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Dortmund get all the help they need
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 18:27
Forum Manager
Legend

I guess he doesn't even know himself what he was doing there. Uefa should check for manipulation.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 18:28
International

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED
superb chip that !!!

SIR ALEX FERGUSON

Premier League (13): 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2012-13.

FA Cup (5)
League Cup (4)
Charity/Community Shield (10)
Champions League (2)
European Cup Winners' Cup (1)
European Super Cup (1)
Intercontinental Cup (1)
FIFA Club World Cup (1)

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2014, 18:29
International

That own goal was the strangest thing that ever happened, it will forever remain in the archives of the Bundesliga.

On a sidenote, pleased with the result obviously but the attack could do better. I thought Kagawa and especially Mkhitaryan (aka Mr. Promasaj) didn't play well at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in