[BL - matchday 10] FC Bayern München vs BVB - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2014, 13:19 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 10] FC Bayern München vs BVB

The situation for Dortmund is quite tricky when travelling to Bayern Munich on Saturday. Already 14 points behind Bayern, Klopp and his boys have to show that they are still capable to give the leader of the Bundesliga a tough time and somehow try to win this game. the recent matches were up and downs and it is time to put some points between the likes of HSV, Freiburg, Bremen and us. A situation which is completely new for some of our players.

Time to make the right corrections to the progress of this Bundesliga-season.

Heja BVB!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2014, 16:44 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
Under Jürgen Klopp, Borussia Dortmund have a superior record against Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga. In the last four years alone, the Black and Yellows have picked up three wins and a draw at Allianz Arena.

Bayern have failed to win any of their last four home games against BVB (four defeats, one draw) – before they had enjoyed an 18-game unbeaten run at home against Borussia.

Bayern Munich are on a 13-game unbeaten run dating back to last season. Their last defeat was on 12 April 2014 – a 3-0 defeat to Borussia Dortmund…

some player statistics:

Shinji Kagawa has played four times in a BVB shirt against FC Bayern, winning all four of them (three in the Bundesliga, one was the DFB Cup final).
Marco Reus has been involved in eight goals in his 10 Bundesliga games against Bayern (four goals, four assists).
Bayern’s Arjen Robben has scored six goals in his last six games against Borussia Dortmund.

last results:

Bayern München
-
Borussia Dortmund
0:3 (0:1)

Borussia Dortmund
-
Bayern München
0:3 (0:0)

Borussia Dortmund
-
Bayern München
1:1 (1:1)

Bayern München
-
Borussia Dortmund
1:1 (0:0)

Borussia Dortmund
-
Bayern München
1:0 (0:0)

Bayern München
-
Borussia Dortmund
0:1 (0:0)

Bayern München
-
Borussia Dortmund
1:3 (1:2)

Borussia Dortmund
-
Bayern München
2:0 (0:0)

Bayern München
-
Borussia Dortmund
3:1 (1:1)

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; October 30th, 2014 at 16:54.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 17:46
puzz!eshock
Premier Player

Teams: FK Crvena Zvezda, Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund
hope we break that little goetze **** wit

bvb <3

****** batman n robin, im robbin' with a bat, man

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 18:23
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Sokratis - Hummels - Durm
Bender - Kehl
Mkhitaryan - Kagawa - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Subotic, Ginter, Gundogan, Grosskreutz, Immobile, Ramos

Pretty much the best possible lineup at this point. Aubameyang as the striker again and I'm behind that decision as his runs off the ball can pose Bayern's defense plenty of problems and his link up play is better than both Ramos's and Immobile's, who both turn over the ball a lot. Do think Gundogan and Subotic could have been in for Kagawa and Durm, but there's plenty of protection, balance, and quality there to even the lines between the defense and the rest of the team.

Hoping for a big game from Weidenfeller, Hummels, and Reus who are the keys to any result here today, Roman in particular needs to step it up because I'm skeptical at the moment whether he should be starting anymore given the manner of some goals he's let in lately and the lack of confidence the defense seems to have in him.

On paper, it seems like Pep is starting Alaba at CB, Lahm at DM, Robben at RWB/RM, and Gotze at LW...seems crazy and very difficult to tell how it will really be set up, but there'll be plenty of spaces left behind for counters if the players play it smart when they get the chance here.

Big game, hoping for the best.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 18:56
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
Bayern is better currently, they had few good chances.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 19:24
Forum Manager
Star Player

HT 0-1

So far, so good. A bit lucky on several occasions with Robben missing two great opportunities and Muller coming close as well. Defensively the team has been alright, not spectacular by any means as Robben is creating plenty of problems as he's roaming around the attacking third but it's an improvement over what we've seen in recent weeks and it's good to see players like Weidenfeller, Sokratis, Hummels, and Bender step their game up today. Hopefully they can carry this form into the second half now.

Attacking wise the team has been threatening as ever on counters, Mkhitaryan hit the post early on and Kagawa missed a decent chance at the end of the half. The goal was well taken, Reus getting in front of his marker to head in PEA's cross. More like that and perhaps another chance could present itself.

I would put on Grosskreutz for Kagawa in the second half and have him play on the left so he can help Durm double team on Robben who is creating a lot of havoc and needs to be closed down before he gets around the edge of the area, Reus could go to the other flank or link up with PEA up top in that case. Gundogan coming on would be another good change, but this all depends on how the second half goes and if the team can settle down a bit better and not play so frantically at times.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 19:32
International

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED
superb counter that!

Dortmund needs to score the second goal and then stop the front 3 of bayern from playing the intricate passes , at the moment it looks like its only a matter of time before bayern will score.

SIR ALEX FERGUSON

Premier League (13): 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2012-13.

FA Cup (5)
League Cup (4)
Charity/Community Shield (10)
Champions League (2)
European Cup Winners' Cup (1)
European Super Cup (1)
Intercontinental Cup (1)
FIFA Club World Cup (1)

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 19:35
Forum Manager
Star Player

Hummels unable to continue from the knock he picked up on his knee from that Gotze challenge in the first half, Subotic on in his place.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 20:16
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Bad luck. Screwed by hummels goin off and having donkey subotic come on and get outpaced!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 20:33
International

Subotic
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2014, 20:54
Forum Manager
Star Player

Bayern Munich 2:1 Borussia Dortmund

Disappointing second half. The team eventually tired from all the pressing and defensive covering they were doing on double overtime and there was no attacking threat whatsoever until after Robben's goal. Klopp tried to see out the lead for as long as he could and it's a difficult gamble to take against such an ultra offensive Bayern unit. Subotic got caught out and outpaced by Ribery for what led to the penalty whilst his poor clearance coupled with Weidenfeller's positional mistake also led to the equalizer before that.

Bayern were deserved winners on the day, don't think many can argue with that but it's disappointing to lose after having a good result for so long. Hard to take much consolation from the performance either considering that the team is now in the relegation zone and has suffered a 7th defeat in just 10 league games this season. At least 10 points off a top four place now, it's going to be quite a challenge to turn this campaign around and qualify for the Champions League.

I think sealing progression in the CL in midweek with a result against GS and then the team should turn its focus completely on the league for the next 3 months, there's no other option and if the league really is the priority as Klopp says, then everyone needs to be 200% concentrated and committed on turning things around domestically because the situation right now is far from being even remotely ideal.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2014, 00:58
International

Decent summary there Azul. I can't believe that in just 3-4 years Borussia went from a dominant force in the Bundesliga to a team that's fighting for relegation and winless in 6 games. And with more or less the same group of players too.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2014, 19:45
Forum Manager
Star Player

Absolutely flawless so far in the CL and Pokal but second from bottom and in the relegation zone in the Bundesliga.

To sum up the season so far, I think this gif captures my thoughts about it pretty nicely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
Decent summary there Azul. I can't believe that in just 3-4 years Borussia went from a dominant force in the Bundesliga to a team that's fighting for relegation and winless in 6 games. And with more or less the same group of players too.
I think some things have to be considered in what's led to such a downfall.

The team constantly has to fend off the hungry vultures of European football and loses at least one key player every summer (Kagawa and Sahin have come back for example, but they're not what they used to be it has to be said). Any team would suffer a drop in quality when they lose their best players on an annual basis.

Another important factor is the amount of injury problems the squad has had to encounter the last two or three seasons which has disrupted any hope of building a rhythm or consistency with players constantly in and out of the side. This has become a normal occurrence in modern day football though, especially with teams who play such a demanding style of football and put so much success down to an effective intensive pressing strategy. All the coaches who apply this method to their teams tend to suffer these problems at some point because of the wear and tear that's built up over years of playing such a way and at such a physically demanding level with games being played every 3 days, this is a problem the likes of Guardiola and van Gaal's teams suffer too.

Lastly, and I've brought this one up many times already, most of the teams in Germany are accustomed to Dortmund's style now and know exactly how to beat them. Defending deep and in an organized manner, hitting long balls and pressing high up the pitch to initiate counters is the way to go against this team because Dortmund are so bland when it comes down to having to create chances with possession based football or 'make the play' as some would say. It's first and foremost a counter attacking team which is what all the success was built upon, when they are unable to play that style they struggle and Klopp has always been too stubborn to change his ways or introduce a real alternative approach when Plan A doesn't work and as long as that's the case, I predict that Dortmund will continue to struggle domestically for some time under his management.

This season has been a calamity so far in the league, if things don't pick up pace soon and the distance from 4th place increases, it could really hurt the development and progression of the team for the foreseeable future and it might mean some big sacrifices need to be taken in order for the team to improve and return to its old level once again. What that means I'm not sure exactly on right now, but something will have to change if things don't improve soon.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in