Premier Player

I didn't realize bvb had it's own forum
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2014, 14:01
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
First one to post in the Borussia Dortmund forum you lazy Dortmund fans. p

Glad it finally happened, good to see that the efforts on these threads didn't go unrewarded. :thmbup:

Starting lineup against Hannover...

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Hummels - Durm
Gundogan - Bender
Aubameyang - Mkhitaryan - Reus
Ramos

Bench: Langerak, Sokratis, Ginter, Kehl, Grosskreutz, Kagawa, Immobile

Strong team, all the big guns starting once again although there's not much room for rotation with the current league position the team is in anyways. Ramos for Immobile, two consecutive games on the bench for the Italian, might be a strong message to him from Klopp to improve and show more in order to get regular playing time. Durm returns to left back too having recovered from injury, only notable changes from the Gala game.

Must win match this, especially with a trip to the AA coming next week. Massive 3 points on the line.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2014, 16:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Hannover lead courtesy of a free kick delivered by Hiro Kiyotake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2014, 16:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Congrats on allowing Hannover their first away goal of the season. Resulting in their first away win obviously I should add...

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2014, 16:55
Premier Player

Teams: FcBayern and Nationalmannschaft
Their defence is the problem in some games or their attack does not show up which was the case today. I watched the second half and they hardly mustered any decent chances even when desperately chasing the game.

This does not bode well as Dortmund will come across far better defensively organized teams than Hannover as the season goes on.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2014, 22:15
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Wow, amazing how you can score goals easily in CL then cant even score 1 at home against likes of hamburg and hannover! Funny ol game?!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2014, 18:14
International

CL competition this year for Borussia isn't exactly amazing, you have to consider that.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2014, 23:20
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
CL competition this year for Borussia isn't exactly amazing, you have to consider that.
But neither are likes of Hannover and Hamburg!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 03:49
Forum Manager
Star Player

Dortmund 0:1 Hannover

The season has really become a story of Jekyll and Hyde between the team's showings in Europe and in the league. This game was actually a big improvement on the showings against HSV and Koln, at least on the defensive side of things, but the finishing remains as poor as ever. At least 3-4 good chances were spurned, the ref didn't help proceedings either with his no calls on the Heno and PEA incidents.

Unbelievable how after so much possession and time on the ball that the team still creates so little and concedes some of the softest goals you're ever likely to see which end up losing the game, this has been a reoccurring theme every single week and it's just ridiculous how the luck won't ever change it seems. As I said before, almost every team in Germany has worked out how to beat Dortmund, with the exception of Augsburg and Leverkusen, every team has parked the bus in front of their goal and had success with it. In the CL, teams have had more of an ego (except Anderlecht who were just unlucky and didn't have enough quality to win IMO) and tried to attack Dortmund which they were punished for because of the spaces they left behind. It's only a matter of time before teams in Europe notice how to play Dortmund too, although I'm hopeful it doesn't happen in the KO stages since most teams are too proud to play defensive against a club like Dortmund, except Atletico or Chelsea who I would fear the most of facing anyways for that very reason.

7 points out of a possible 27 is staggeringly bad and now 9 points adrift of fourth place. Hard to see things improving very soon either, but at least against Bayern and Gladbach, there will be teams who will actually try to play attacking football and leave themselves open at the back which Dortmund are still capable of punishing as they've shown in Europe.

Away to St. Pauli in mid week first for the Pokal tie, need to win that and keep the progress in the cup competitions going whilst a solution to the league form is still being searched for.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 09:34
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
really unbelievable how we are not able to score against such teams. the efficiency of the CL matches gets completely lost in the weekend.. we should really try to stick to one formation for the next 2-3 matches as the team doesnt seem to benefit at all from those rotations. of course, as soon as we recover our efficiency in front of the goal, the results will come but we dont have too much time to waste...

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; October 27th, 2014 at 11:03.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 12:36
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
despite the fact that we are underperforming the last couple of weeks we should amend the introduction text of the BVB board. "Borussia Dortmund is a pretty good German football club." WTF!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2014, 12:44
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in