LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2014, 13:28 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 6] FC Schalke 04 vs BVB ++Revierderby++

Derby-Time in Gelsenkirchen!!!!!

Schalke hosts the BVB in the Veltins-Arena on Matchday 6. Despite the fact that both teams aim to make it to the CL-spots, both are listed in the second part of the table. It is a very even clash between both teams, 30 wins for Dortmund, 29 for Schalke while 25 matches ended without a winner.

most likely line-ups:

Fährmann - Uchida, Ayhan, Neustädter, Aogo - K.-P. Boateng, Höger - Sam, M. Meyer, Choupo-Moting - Huntelaar
coach: Keller

injured/suspended:
Gieferm, Felipe Santana, Höwedes, Kolasinac, Draxler, Goretzka , Farfan

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - S. Bender, Kehl - Aubameyang, Kagawa, Großkreutz - Ramos

injured/suspended:
Alomerovic, Blaszczykowski, Gündogan, Kirch , H. Mkhitaryan, Reus , Sahin

Heja BVB!!!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 13:39
Rising Star

Back to xtratime, thanks to Azulgrana efforts

Win, that is the only answer to our current situation. Hummels is in. The big hope is that KG, Auba and Kagawa would find the right answer at this time. I would start Ramos.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 13:57
Forum Manager
Star Player

Welcome back, Dave.

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Hummels - Durm
Aubameyang - Bender - Ginter - Grosskreutz
Ramos - Immobile

Very interesting lineup today. Klopp is going with two strikers up top with both Ramos and Immobile starting and an extra defensive presence in midfield with Ginter next to Bender so Jojic and Kagawa are both relegated to the bench. Hummels and Durm are also back in, with Sokratis (perhaps a bit surprising but he was at fault for two of the goals conceded in the last two games) and Schmelzer dropped.

Will be fascinating to see how this goes, can't recall the last time the team was set up in a 4-4-2 formation. Klopp giving an audition to both strikers to prove their worth here, no better game or time for them to step up and make themselves be counted.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:03
Rising Star

Who is goiong to connect those strikers? I think Klopp is making a mistake by benching Kagawa.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:15
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave46 View Post
Who is goiong to connect those strikers? I think Klopp is making a mistake by benching Kagawa.
I think he's picked out a team that's set up completely to play on the counter with two CFs and a wing forward in Auba as well as two anchoring players in midfield who'll get a helping hand from KG and his defensive work rate.

And if we're honest, Kagawa hasn't looked all that good so far since his return and isn't probably in the right condition to start and make a decisive impact in this game. Mkhitaryan, Sahin, and Gundogan are injured, Jojic has been woeful, and Maruoka is too inexperienced to start. It's a logical solution, I'm just curious to see how it works out with two strikers and no playmaker behind them. Hope this experiment turns out better than the last one he did in this fixture a few years back when he played 3 at the back and lost to Schalke.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:18
Rising Star

I'm just curious to see how it works out with two strikers and no playmaker behind them.

Me too, although, it's a scary thing.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Schalke take an early lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:53
Rising Star

Yeap. We have no center. And KG is not visible so far.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:54
Rising Star

0:2. It was expected...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:55
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
What a shock, it's 2:0 for Schalke.Imobile had a great chance....
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:56
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
Goool
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 14:57
Rising Star

Auba. All right. 2:1
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 15:26
Forum Manager
Star Player

The midfield struggled badly to do something on the ball and pull some strings going forward as expected, too defensive minded and uninventive in that department, it's like a Leverkusen midfield of the last few seasons where all they had was DMs to rely on for creativity.

The defense seems to have calmed down a bit since that bad start though, Klopp needs to put on Kagawa now and stabilize the midfield. They're there for the taking and with some smart transitional play like the case on Auba's goal, Dortmund could nick a goal in the second half.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 16:57
Forum Manager
Star Player

Schalke 2:1 Borussia Dortmund

A loss in the Ruhr derby in the end unfortunately, a slightly bitter one considering that Schalke was on the back foot for the entire second half and that BVB were in charge of the fixture after PEA's goal but it wasn't to be. The positive to take out of that display at least is the strong character the team showed after going 2-0 down and fighting to get back in the game even if they eventually didn't manage to do it.

No real standout performers today, although I thought Aubameyang and Subotic played well personally. Ramos better than Immobile again and I think this should prove that the Colombian should be the starter at this moment in time as he's fitted in better to the system and has been more productive overall. Ciro still has a lot of adapting to do.

A week ago a win at Mainz would have sent Dortmund top of the league, now they're 7 points off the pace behind Bayern. How quickly things change. A title challenge was too early and premature to even talk about at this stage, but it seems really difficult to claw back now. Only hope left for that is for the key players to all return fully fit in the next month or so and build a rhythm from there, the problems stem deeper than just the injury crisis anyways. A top 3 finish should be the main objective in the league.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2014, 08:48 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
the indiviual mistakes decided the game in the first half. first goal, sloppy defending and marking by hummels and second poor attempt to clear the ball through the penalty area by Ramos. cant say much about the second half, as i only saw the highlights.

of course the gap to Bayern is already massive, despite the fact that they also were not in best shape beginning of the season. Lets concentrate on wednesday when we have to travel to RSC Anderlecht. Important to gain a good result away which should also give us a boost for the coming weekend...

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2014, 04:55
Rookie

HSV is a dumpster fire though, if we can't collect three points there, we're in more trouble than I dare to imagine. Maybe we can get momentum rolling there though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in