[BL - matchday 5] BVB vs VFB Stuttgart - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 11:39 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 5] BVB vs VFB Stuttgart

no time to think about the loss anymore. Next match is up during the week against VFB Stuttgart on Wednesday. The guests from the south of germany are struggling heavily but it was more expected than the current position of the BVB in the table. Stuttgart with 1 goal and 1 point will have to present a big result to their fans in order to calm down their situation.

in the past, we saw some awesome matches between BVB and VFB, just remember the 4-4 during the 2013 season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHVUYuc9Xw

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 12:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
If this is not an easy win Dortmund is in real trouble. Stuttgart sucks.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 12:13 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

of course they suck, but so does the HSV and they secured a point against your side. we need to exploit their weaknesses first..

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Last edited by Michinho; September 22nd, 2014 at 15:31.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 13:29
Forum Manager
Legend

HSV played at home and had a new coach, if that is not a completely different situation then I don't know. Stuttgart at home is a 3-0 must win for any decent Bundesliga side, let alone Dortmund.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 14:14 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

football is that easy, i forgot... HSV has a horrible squad and no coach on this planet is able to solve their problems within some days. they secured that point because bayern was without inspiration on that day. you can see that taking a game too easy, can end in an accident you did not expect to happen. therefore i think we need 100% concentration against them, cockiness will make you look stupid afterwards.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Last edited by Michinho; September 22nd, 2014 at 14:19.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 15:06
Forum Manager
Legend

How Hamburg has a horrible squad is beyond my understanding to be honest. The goalkeeper position is filled ok, not great but not horrible either. A defence of Cleber, Diekmeier, Djourou, Jansen, Ostrzolek and Westermann is good Bundesliga quality. Same with the midfield of Behrami, Holtby, Müller, Stieber and van der Vaart.

Most of these players were either at the WC or almost made it there. Hamburg has many different problems than the players. But anyway, I am the last person to defend Hamburg, the situation between Hamburg at home after a coaching change and Stuttgart away is as big as it gets. The last coaching change in Hamburg resulted in a 3-0 win against Dortmund!

I fully expect Dortmund to win 3-0 against Stuttgart just like I expect Bayern to beat the Bundesliga leaders Paderborn with the same result tomorrow. There is a big difference between home and away games and you are only in a crisis if you can't win those anymore.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 15:53 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

ok, my understanding for good bundesliga quality is something different then. HSV is still representing an old-fashioned bundesliga-style with experienced but slow and technical limited players. westermann, djorou are not the players you need to stabilize your team as they are the first to bring you into trouble with individual mistakes. van der vaart is 3 years beyond his prime. Holtby, Behrami, Müller, Ostrzolek just arrived and can not change the spirit in the team within two weeks.

at home or away, coach change or not, bayern on form would have trashed them. the reason for getting them the point was not their performance IMO, it was the poor performance or lack of creativity of the bayern players. but this whole discussion is OT as we both just have a different view on the match BVB vs VFB and HSV vs FCB. when on form, VFB stands no chance, but the previous weeks showed that we have to invest a lot to keep the 3 points in the Signal iduna Park.

nevertheless HEJA BVB!!!

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 16:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Westermann is a world champion.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2014, 18:28
Forum Manager
Star Player

Dortmund will beat Stuttgart easily if they come to play football, just like last season when they lost 6-1 at the Westfalenstadion. But if they come to defend from the beginning and try to bunker in hope of a draw, then it will be harder because Dortmund clearly has issues creating chances right now with Reus, Sahin, Gundogan, and Mkhitaryan all injured. Both defeats this season have been similar to each other and against organized teams who close down the spaces well. I doubt Stuttgart is good enough to pull that kind of plan off at the moment but anything can happen in those 90 minutes, especially if BVB also think it will be an easy win.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2014, 07:39 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-ups for tonight:

BVB

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Sokratis, Schmelzer - S. Bender, Jojic - Aubameyang, Kagawa, Großkreutz - Ramos

subs: Langerak (Tor), Bandowski, Durm, Ginter, Sarr, Amini, Kehl, Maruoka, Immobile

VFB
Ulreich - Klein, Schwaab, Rüdiger, G. Sakai - Oriol Romeu, Gentner - Maxim, Didavi, Leitner - Ibisevic

Langerak (Tor), Bandowski, Durm, Ginter, Sarr, Amini, Kehl, Maruoka, Immobile

subs: Kirschbaum (Tor), Haggui, Niedermeier, Rausch, Gruezo, Kostic, Harnik, Ti. Werner

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:02 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Westermann is a world champion.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinho View Post
Private online-gaming joke, I thought everyone knew it.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2014, 13:55 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Hummels will make it to the squad list finally.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2014, 19:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Dortmund struggling to break down Stuttgart. Mes is not surprised.

Disaster, 2-0 Stuttgart. Didavi brace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love

Last edited by Jeffrey; September 24th, 2014 at 20:29.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2014, 20:40
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Stuttgart gonna pull off the upset!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2014, 21:51
Forum Manager
Star Player

Toothless performance once again up until the last 20 or so minutes. The team really doesn't have much of an alternative when all of the main creative players in the team like Reus, Gundogan, Mkhitaryan, and Sahin are ALL missing. Too much pressure is put on Kagawa then and he can't do it alone nor is he renowned for being that type of player anyways.

It's time for Kirch and Durm to get back into the team. Woeful performances time and time again from Jojic and Schmelzer, neither of which deserve a starting spot at this moment. Immobile has potential to come good, but I think Ramos should be starting right now as he's settled more comfortably than the Italian to the system so far.

Any aspirations of challenging for the league are quickly beginning to fade, already off the pace compared to Bayern and there still being a few weeks yet before most of the key players return to action. HUGE derby this weekend, could possibly decide whether this team can stay in contention long enough for the missing players to return or if it will already be too big a mountain to climb already by then.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2014, 22:15
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
What the hell was stuttgart keeper doing for tht equaliser!

Schmelzer defending as well! Oh dear

Great last ditch clearance off line by Ruediger tho

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 04:08
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulgrana View Post
Toothless performance once again up until the last 20 or so minutes. The team really doesn't have much of an alternative when all of the main creative players in the team like Reus, Gundogan, Mkhitaryan, and Sahin are ALL missing. Too much pressure is put on Kagawa then and he can't do it alone nor is he renowned for being that type of player anyways.

It's time for Kirch and Durm to get back into the team. Woeful performances time and time again from Jojic and Schmelzer, neither of which deserve a starting spot at this moment. Immobile has potential to come good, but I think Ramos should be starting right now as he's settled more comfortably than the Italian to the system so far.

Any aspirations of challenging for the league are quickly beginning to fade, already off the pace compared to Bayern and there still being a few weeks yet before most of the key players return to action. HUGE derby this weekend, could possibly decide whether this team can stay in contention long enough for the missing players to return or if it will already be too big a mountain to climb already by then.
Yes, this derby is a must-win; there's no doubt about it. The reality is, unfortunately, we are not quite at Bayern's level tactically; we know how to win matches we aren't supposed to win, but this team, and Klopp, is still too one-dimensional in possession to break down organized defences that are willing to bunker down and not leaving space in behind or around the penalty box.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2014, 05:29
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthausSammer View Post
Yes, this derby is a must-win; there's no doubt about it. The reality is, unfortunately, we are not quite at Bayern's level tactically; we know how to win matches we aren't supposed to win, but this team, and Klopp, is still too one-dimensional in possession to break down organized defences that are willing to bunker down and not leaving space in behind or around the penalty box.
Well said. Not surprising that the team's best performances has been against the likes of Bayern/Arsenal and its worst face has been shown against Stuttgart/Mainz. This team isn't good playing under the favorites tag and against well drilled units yet, Klopp has shown time and time again how limited he is in that department and how he really is a one trick pony. His teams have always played the same way throughout his career. When it works, it's a joy to watch, but when it doesn't, there's no alternative or Plan B to grind out results and it just leads to inconsistency in performance time and time again.

Not much to add on for tomorrow, huge match in every sense. Anything less than a win coupled a Bayern victory will essentially end the title race before it's even started, success in the derby though could have huge psychological implications and maybe spearhead the team to go on a run of form whilst the injured players are easing their way back into the fold.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Glad you decided to sign up.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in