[BL - matchday 2] Augsburg vs BVB - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2014, 04:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

[BL - matchday 2] Augsburg vs BVB

Important away match against Augsburg tomorrow. Both teams lost their opening games and for BVB this is seen as a strong opportunity to get back on track after the B04 defeat and refrain from falling a little too off the pace behind Bayern and the rest so early on in the season.

Good news on the injury front. 7-8 players were missing for the Leverkusen game, but Weidenfeller has finally been declared fit and is expected to start the match while Bender and Ramos shook off knocks to take part in Thursday evening's training session. Hummels, Schmelzer, and Sahin aren't ready to play yet whilst Kuba, Ji, and Kirch are also unfit. Klopp said Gundogan is making big strides in his recovery which is at least positive news so early on in his rehab process.

The lineup I would expect to start tomorrow's game:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek --- Sokratis --- Ginter --- Durm
Bender --- Kehl
Aubameyang --- Mkhitaryan --- Reus
Immobile

Hopefully a win to come here even though it won't be an easy game. Augsburg have lost some key players over the summer and their new ones aren't gelled in yet, it's a good time to play them and hopefully we'll see the right reaction, especially from certain players, in this game.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2014, 21:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Augsburg 2:3 Borussia Dortmund

Interesting decisions from Klopp to go with Subotic over Ginter and Aubameyang as the lone CF instead of Immobile or Ramos although the latter wasn't fully fit yet admittedly. The opening minutes were shaky but the team settled after Reus's goal and started to play some nice football. Mkhitaryan again frustrating with his end product, it just seems like the guy has a mental block whenever he reaches the final third after making a good move happen. Piszczek, Grosskreutz, and Reus had very good games today, best players on the pitch in my opinion.

Disappointing to let a 3-0 lead become so close in the end, should have been 4-1 if Heno wasn't robbed of a clear penalty or Ramos wasn't so selfish right before their second goal. But a win is a win and that's the most important thing to achieve here, good result right before the international break. Now let's see how the rivals do this weekend.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2014, 06:51
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
just saw the highlights yesterday and also was a bit puzzled with the line-up. of course Immobilie can not be fully integrated but imo you have to give him the confidence and time to click with his team-mates. with Shinji back and other players like Gündogan back in team-training i hope we dont have to rely only on brilliant performances from Reuss.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in