[German Super Cup] BVB vs FC Bayern München - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2014, 06:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

[German Super Cup] BVB vs FC Bayern München

The German Super Cup against Bayern at Signal Iduna Park is today. Finally, the 2014/15 season will officially get underway.

Neither team is anywhere near full strength. Pep claims he only has about 8 or 9 fit players for this game so I expect a Bayern team even weaker than the one he played last year in this fixture, although still quite strong looking at their depth.

Hummels, Sahin, Blaszcykowski, Reus, Gundogan, Subotic, Durm, and most likely Weidenfeller won't play for BVB.

BILD's predicted lineups based on the last training sessions for both teams. As always, this could be as wrong just as easily as they could be right so that's why I am just saying they're projected possible lineups. As far as it goes with BVB's lineup, it's pretty much what I expect although I could see Hofmann get a start in this one.

In essence, it is almost like a friendly match. But it is against the best team in Germany, a trophy is up for grabs (not a big one, but it is one nonetheless that could bring some confidence into the team ahead of the season), and it's a game everyone wants to win. I'm definitely looking forward to it and hope BVB get it done again like last year.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Last edited by Azulgrana; August 13th, 2014 at 06:42.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2014, 20:39
Zeko lopove...
International

Teams: Red Star Belgrade, Spartak Moscow, Olympiakos
What a win! I know you shouldn't read too much into it given the players for both sides, but it's always nice to press Bayern off the pitch.

Niko ne moze da zna sta to sapuce vetar.. niko ne moze da zna sta nosi grom iz vedra neba, nevreme se sprema iznad geta pada zvezda moja zelja moja zebnja je nocas ova zemlja.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2014, 21:48
Premier Player

LOL thomas muller is overrated, even my grandma can win the world cup with germany

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2014, 23:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

^ Ok we get it, no need to spam it all over the forum mate.

Dortmund 2:0 Bayern Munich - Mkhitaryan 23', Aubameyang 62'

It was essentially a Dortmund B squad vs. a Bayern B/C team, but it was still a good win and promising performance nonetheless. The team created plenty of chances despite having far lesser of the ball whilst I can't really remember any serious Bayern opportunities apart from Shaqiri's early shot and that Alaba free kick. It was a nice bounce back from the Liverpool debacle and it's a win that can give the team confidence going into the new season, especially after starting it with some silverware even if it may just be the Super Cup.

Sokratis dealt with Lewandowski on his own very well, the fullbacks improved from their showing on Sunday but still need to show more on both sides of the ball as they are still a fair bit off their best form. Kirch, Kehl, and Langerak had good games too. Immobile and Ramos both struggled a bit but they worked hard and they are building their match fitness right now which is the most important thing for players that played in the WC. Heno and Aubameyang starting the season with solid performances and a goal each, now the main thing is to continue like this and be consistent, something they did not show for long spells last season.

All in all, a satisfying evening to begin the new season.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2014, 20:42
puzz!eshock
Premier Player

Teams: FK Crvena Zvezda, Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulgrana View Post
^ Ok we get it, no need to spam it all over the forum mate.
word? well here's what up, fvck muller and fvck bayern just like that.

and it absolutely doesn't matter whether it was team a,b,c,d..

BVB <3

****** batman n robin, im robbin' with a bat, man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in