Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 27] BVB vs FC Bayern München

Saturday 04.04.2015
kick-off: 18:30

vs

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=380554

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2015, 02:26
Forum Manager
Star Player

Plenty of players on missing both sides. Thank goodness neither of Robbery or Alaba will be there to punish our weakened fullback positions, makes me feel a lot more secure going into this. They'll basically rely completely on Gotze and Lewandowski as their creative outlets in this game, surely no way we'll let them get the better of us in the Westfalenstadion. If we stop them, we got a good chance of getting something from this. I'd sign up for a point here.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2015, 17:03
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Weidenfeller
Sokratis - Subotic - Hummels - Schmelzer
Gundogan - Bender
Blaszcykowski - Kampl - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Ginter, Dudziak, Kehl, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Ramos

Good to see Kuba start and provide some width in the absence of Piszczek, also interesting that Klopp has decided to go with him over Shinji and Miki but it might be a good decision that suits our counter strategy here more, especially as Bayern are going with 3 at the back.

Gotze not even starting for them, so Lewandowski is their really only creative and offensive outlet. We're not without our chances here with all their injury problems, hopefully we can come out with at least a point today.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2015, 20:07
Forum Manager
Star Player

Boring game really, very few chances for both sides. Aubameyang is really useless as a striker if he doesn't have spaces to run into, I still wonder what could have come of our season had Ramos been utilized as a target man on a regular basis. He's the closest thing we have to replace Lewandowski, buying him really was a waste if he never really got a proper chance. Immobile was also a waste up to now as well.

Not many talking points from this really apart from stupid tackles from both sets of players at times. Could have at least gotten a point all things considered, but just didn't produce anything offensively yet again. The decline of this team in that regard has been shocking, it really has.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2015, 01:30
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
LOL @ the "Jürgen ist bekloppt" incident.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2015, 12:19
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
Bayer dominated during the whole first half, Borussia had couple of chances most during the second part of the match, Reus had some good opportunities to score but he failed because Bayern defence was brilliant and they managed to close every BvB attempt to get through.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in