Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[CL - matchday 8] BVB vs Juventus Turin

Wednesday, 18.03.2015
kick-off: 20:45

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2015, 16:06 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

i dont know what to think about this match. i cant see us scoring against this Juventus when we are not able to score against teams like Hamburg or Köln at the moment. all of our players have to be up to their best, especially Reus, PEA, Gündogan, Hummels and Subotic.

there are some rumours that Pirlo might make it to the squad, but i honestly think that is just some bias made up by the press

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2015, 17:06
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Pirlo is definitely not playing.

“Today Andrea Pirlo underwent some medical examinations,” the club confirmed on its official website.

“The ultrasound check showed good progression in the healing of the injury, but not enough for him to be available for the trip to Dortmund.

“The midfielder will therefore continue on his personalised rehabilitation programme.”

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2015, 10:23 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

thanks bro.

BVB fans will hope for a

i am still sceptical due to our recent performances. of course we did not conceed a goal the last 3 matches but especially hamburg and köln are not really know for a constant offense show. we definetly have to score the first goal, otherwise i cant see us going through.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2015, 15:22 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-up according to sport1

Borussia Dortmund: Weidenfeller - Sokratis, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Bender, Gündogan - Blaszczykowski, Reus, Kampl - Aubameyang

would make sense as Shinji and Micky were not really performing in recent weeks. Kuba and Kampl on the wings with Reus providing some creativity in the centre.

Juventus Turin: Buffon - Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini - Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba - Pereyra - Tevez, Morata

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2015, 16:49
puzz!eshock
Premier Player

Teams: FK Crvena Zvezda, Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund
well I donno but I'm hopin kagawa will start, would not make sense to me otherwise

bvb <3

****** batman n robin, im robbin' with a bat, man
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2015, 19:51
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, confirmed:

Weidenfeller
Sokratis - Subotic - Hummels - Schmelzer
Gundogan - Bender
Kampl - Mkhitaryan - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Kirch, Kehl, Blaszcykowski, Kagawa, Immobile, Ramos

Not much to say that isn't already well known, this is a season defining match for the club and may be the last time we see BVB play in the CL for awhile if things don't go well tonight. Mkhitaryan playing in his preferred position today, no excuses for him today if he doesn't deliver. Huge game for his future at the club, same goes for Weidenfeller I'd say looking at the form he's been in this year.

If Hummels, Gundogan, and Reus have a good game and Auba has his scoring boots on, it'll be very difficult for Juve to go through. That's what we'll need, hopefully these guys have saved their best performance for this. The atmosphere will be electrifying I'm sure, the fans will be the most important factor and could inject extra energy into the players when they need it most.

Now time for the talking to stop and the players to do the rest on the pitch, I just hope that we can be proud of them as fans after the game, no matter what the result is. As long as they fight and give it their all, I won't be upset. I don't want regrets of what might have been if they put up another half-arsed display like they have in recent weeks, that's just inexcusable.

Heja BVB!

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2015, 07:22 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Congrats to Juventus. They controlled the match over 90 minutes and we were not able to create anything dangerous in our stadium. of course, the early goal by Tevez was a hard knock but there was still plenty of time to do sth but, as in main parts of the season, we were not capable to find the rythm which is needed to win against a very organized team.

once again it did show that our LB/RB have to be upgraded for the coming season. Schmelzers offensive aproaches are just ridiculous as are his crosses. i dont count Socratis as a LB/RB but Klopp decided to give him that position again mainly due to the fact that Pogba played on the left i guess. i saw him running out of the field more than doing anything for the offense. we are way too predictable and this is what you get, a clear and deserved loss at home.

there was nothing to see from Reus, PEA, Micky (as usual). Kampl was at leasting hustling all over the pitch but did not get any support, except of Gündogan who was as well trying to insert some creativity while you couldnt expect anything from Bender in this dept.

all in all, i think it is better for us to be eliminated so we can concentrate on the league and DFB Pokal. of course, monetary wise the next round would have been a good thing for us but in all honesty in our recent form we just do not deserve it to be in europes Top 8.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2015, 08:03 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2015, 00:19
Forum Manager
Star Player

I'm amazed you find it so easy to brush off and move on, Mich. This performance left a very bad taste in my mouth. The team showed no desire, no urgency, no motivation, no movement, and didn't do anything to trouble Juve at all the entire game. It was like a complete opposite of what made this team what it was the last few years and why I fell in love with them. The only silver lining in this is that now the management surely can't ignore the squad problems and our fallacies and will surely address them in the summer, but still to think that we may have played our last CL game for a while and produced such a flat performance at home too with that kind of support as your pic above shows, it just leaves a feeling of anger behind for now with the players and management involved in this.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:48 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

its definetly not that easy but after the first half of the season i had not too high hopes for a complete revelation of the BVB we had seen for many years. i am happy that we were able to start this run in the league in order to climb up in the table as it would have been a real nightmare to see this team fighting against relegation for the whole season.

after this season we need some fresh blood and i am optimistic that the bvb management will find the right characters to lead this team again.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in