Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 24] Hamburger SV vs BVB

Saturday 07.03.2015
kick-off: 15:30

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2015, 14:17 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Marco Reus is still very doubtful for the weekend, while PEA and Sahin will most likely return into the starting line-up. hope we can make another 3 points in Hamburg in order to put some pressure on the candidates for the european spots.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2015, 01:12
International

Hamburg away has been a tricky fixture for Dortmund over the past 4-5 seasons despite HSV being a ridiculously weak club so I'm not completely optimistic that they will get the job done.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2015, 09:21 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

good thing is that Son is no longer there as he used to tear us apart for in most games against us... hope the team can cope with the possible absence of Reus but with a midfield of Sahin, Gündogan, Kuba and Micky we should have all the weapons to win this match.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2015, 10:23 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

seems like Nuri wont be fit until saturday....

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2015, 06:05
Forum Manager
Star Player

Just 1 win in the last 8 visits there, and what a performance that was. Arguably one of the best in that double season. Lewandowski, Blaszcykowski, Kagawa, even Grosskreutz were all brilliant that day.

The team was quite efficient in that game I recall, we'll need something similar to come away with all 3 points here. The defense will be more important here though IMO, Hamburg match up well against us and they often manage to get plenty of good chances to score in these fixtures in recent seasons, it'll be crucial to stay focused at the back to make any hopes of a result possible here.

Obviously 3 points is a must here in our chase for European football for next season. I'm also hoping for some other results to go our way this weekend:

-Augsburg lose at home to Wolfsburg
-Schalke/Hoffenheim, would prefer a draw but at least someone will drop points for sure
-At least one of BMG/Leverkusen lose, they're both away so it's possible

Hoping Sahin and Reus can make it in time, would be a big, big blow if they're both unable to take part in this. Might just mean the team goes back to its old offensively toothless with those two and this is not a good game to have that happen, given our record there.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2015, 10:47
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Good to see Dortmund have started to move up the table, what chance of a miracle comeback to claim a top 3 place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2015, 16:42
Forum Manager
Star Player

Ended goalless, the defense held its own well as I had hoped for but created very little at the other end. Missed Sahin to provide some extra creativity in the middle of the park. Kagawa, Reus, and Auba all had off games today. Kampl did well and brought some hustle in the second half, overall just not enough from the team with certain individuals underperforming today.

Other results didn't fall our way either so the top 4-6 chase only gets harder but still not impossible I feel, just need a couple of wins and we're right back in the mix again seeing how inconsistent others are.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2015, 20:24
International

It was a very average performance against a very average team in an overall very average game. There isn't much else to be said. If Hamburg avoids relegation yet again at the end of the season because of this draw, I will be super pissed.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2015, 08:54 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

another match with clean sheets after the 3-0 victory against Schalke, so at least our defence is finding its shape again. Offensive performance was very disappointing though, but a point away is a point. Next week against Köln and a week later Hannover and we have it all in our hands to finally say goodbye to the relegation battle and give it all to reach an european spot

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2015, 08:55 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

It was "good to keep our distance from the drop zone," said BVB captain Mats Hummels after the 0-0 draw against Hamburg, before adding: "But it's not enough to move further up the table." Marcel Schmelzer saw the draw as another step in the right direction as BVB "didn't concede any goals." Roman Weidenfeller described the hosts' physical approach as "understandable" given that the spectre of relegation is currently hanging over the north coast outfit. Here are the match reactions.

Mats Hummels: "One point was good enough to keep our distance from the drop zone, but it's not enough to move further up the table. Hamburg defended with absolutely everything they had. They adopted a physical approach, but it wasn't too physical. Ultimately I think we probably deserved to take all three points. The slightly better chances in the match fell to us and we could have dealt the killer blow in the closing stages of the game. In general, I think we often worked well to win the ball back, but weren't able to capitalise on our forays forward. We looked solid at the back too, which is a good sign."

Roman Weidenfeller: "Initially we had to get used to the physical nature of the game, which we did pretty well in the end. Hamburg have really got their backs to the wall at the moment, so I guess this style of play is understandable. We have to be happy with the point and I think it's not too bad a result. If things had gone our way, then we might well have won the game."

Marcel Schmelzer:
"We just couldn't manage to create better chances to score, and we need to work on that. However, you can see that this match is still a step in the right direction because we looked solid at the back and didn't concede any goals. We barely gave anything away."

Oliver Kirch: "Right from the first whistle we had arms or elbows flying in our faces. It's the referee's responsibility to sort this out straightaway as doing so could make the rest of the match less physical. HSV kept us at bay with everything they had. We didn't play in a particularly good or structured manner like we have done in the last few games. So I think we need to look at our own performance. A win was within the realms of possibility, even if we didn't have any clear-cut chances."
"A draw's not a bad result"

Joe Zinnbauer: "No-one would have expected that before the game. We were good defensively; offensively we had our chances to counter but unfortunately we didn't take advantage. The bottom line is that this is an important point for us in our relegation battle. It goes without saying that Dortmund were superior in every respect. But we did play really well at the back."

source: bvb.de

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in