poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 22] VFB Stuttgart vs BVB

Friday, 20.02.2015
kickoff: 20:30

vs

Again, a Friday match. Now in the South of Germany against heavily struggling VFB. There wont be rotations in Klopps line-up, as Hummels+Kuba still sick and Bender+Kehl just had their first training days with the team this week.

it's been a while since we played against a team which is even worse in the table than us....

Heja BVB!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 10:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I like Friday matches with Dortmund. Usually the Friday matches are something like Hertha-Freiburg etc. But having Dortmund there is quite perfect for me.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 12:14 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

exactly the opposite for me. have training for myself on friday evening so will miss the match again... will watch the highlights afterwards.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 15:21
International

What exactly does Hummels have? I thought he was injured again.

Normally it shouldn't be a problem but Stuttgart can be tricky. If I recall last season and the season before, both Dortmund wins were narrow (1-2 and 2-3 after being behind 2-0) and in both games Stuttgart played really dirty and tried to injure Dortmund players. Keep in mind that a lot of teams upgrade their level of play when they face Dortmund or the opposite goalkeeper suddenly becomes Oliver Kahn for one half or the entire game (like Kapino in the previous game against Mainz). I expect a narrow win again, anything less would be a disaster especially considering that Stuttgart hasn't won a home game since the end of september last year.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 18:55
Forum Manager
Star Player

Starting lineup, official:

Weidenfeller
Piszczek - Subotic - Sokratis - Schmelzer
Gundogan - Sahin
Kampl - Kagawa - Reus
Aubameyang

Bench: Langerak, Hummels, Ginter, Kirch, Mkhitaryan, Blaszcykowski, Immobile

Same lineup for the third game running (Hummels aside who played at Freiburg). Nice to see some continuity at last now that the storm of the injury crisis has started to pass.

Won't be an easy game, Stuttgart has been one of Dortmund's bogey teams over the years and have made it hard to win even in recent seasons. Their last position in the table shouldn't deceive anyone, their style is often difficult to play against and they have enough pace on counters to trouble this BVB defense.

Hopefully a decent result can be achieved though and the good recent form can be carried on into Tuesday's game in Turin. Let's see how this goes.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 19:55
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
Aubemeyang finally.

And now penalty for Stuttgart.

Last edited by The Joker; February 20th, 2015 at 20:01.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 20:03
Forum Manager
Legend

Not sure that is not a red card according to the rules.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 20:22
International

I'm still trying to figure out when did the foul occur, seems to me like a blatant and comical dive.

Anyways, so far it's a good result but I think Dortmund is giving Stuttgart too much respect and making them look better than they actually are.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 20:28
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Not sure that is not a red card according to the rules.
There was a player (I think Schmelzer) on the line so it wasn't a last man foul.

It wasn't even a foul though, the Stuttgart player clearly tripped over his own feet. Ridiculous call.

Two assists for Kagawa, good finishes from Ilkay and PEA, and the team as a whole seems much more in sync and playing better with each other in recent weeks. Seems like the attacking problems are starting to become a thing of the past, though playing poor teams like Stuttgart and Freiburg can mask these things easily as they simply aren't that good.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 21:19
Forum Manager
Legend

There is no last man rule in football...

I hope you were not serious with that comment because I expect better from you.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 21:29
Premier Player

Teams: MUFC
Great finish of the match, Reus showed his qualities with the solo action and confirmed that he is one of the best attackers currently. I'm glad for Dortmund victory and I hope that wining streak will be continued. They are jumped to 10th spot on the table, for now.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 21:30
International

2-3 win in the end. Mixed feelings about this encounter. Stuttgart looked like a 3. Bundesliga side and I'm being generous so it's disappointing that Dortmund didn't at the very least keep a clean sheet and scored 1-2 more goals to improve the bad goal difference. The penalty call for the first Stuttgart goal was very questionable but if anything it proves that a team like them can only score from the penalty spot or from a set piece because there aren't good enough to mount a proper attack. I also noticed that the inclusion of Mkhitaryan, who was once again very poor, crippled the team offensively so they sat back for most of the second half and seemed satisfied with the result which nearly could have ended very badly. Overall, an ok performance but sooner rather than later something will have to be done to improve the defense and get rid of Mkhitaryan.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2015, 22:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Great finish of the match, Reus showed his qualities with the solo action and confirmed that he is one of the best attackers currently. I'm glad for Dortmund victory and I hope that wining streak will be continued. They are jumped to 10th spot on the table, for now.
You can't be serious. Any amateur footballer will score that if the defender passes it right in his way. There was neither a solo action in that scene nor did that show any quality.

Anyway, Dortmund is now out of the relegation battle but I always said they will not stay there until the end of the season.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2015, 10:24 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

nice victory against a very poor Stuttgart side. Important is the fact that we are now on a winning streak and were able to beat our direct competitors for relegation. Hummels will return next week after having the flu.

hopefully we are able to continue our row of wins also after the CL week...

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2015, 10:29 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

for me personally the penalty given to the VFB was really a gift. the videos and replays i have seen do not show any contact with Sahin. but of course, some can argue about why Sahin did not see the red card when Paderborns player got sent off for a "similar" incident.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in