Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 20] SC Freiburg vs BVB

Saturday, 07.02.2015
kickoff: 15:30

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2015, 16:20
International

Fantastic win and a very good display. This is the kind of performance that we would see from BVB week in week out in the CL and in the league just 2-3 years ago. I wish they could play all their games like that. Let's hope this continues for the remaining games of the season. Now I'm just waiting for Azulgrana to remind me again why Klopp needs to be sacked.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2015, 16:05 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Good win but worth nothing when we are not able to keep the next three points in Dortmund vs Mainz. We urgently need a winning streak no matter how. Freiburg made it quite easy for us yesterday..

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2015, 16:22
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinho View Post
Good win but worth nothing when we are not able to keep the next three points in Dortmund vs Mainz. We urgently need a winning streak no matter how. Freiburg made it quite easy for us yesterday..
Agreed, next games against Stuttgart and Mainz are crucial. But I think now the team has perhaps overcome that psychological barrier. With a good run, Dortmund can finish in the top 10.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2015, 03:03
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
This. If we were gifted goals like that every game, we'd have no problems winning more often at all. This team doesn't have many issues playing with a lead in hand, 5 wins in 8 games we've led in this season. Only ones we didn't win were against Bayern and Wolfsburg, top two sides, and Paderborn (only lead I could really say we threw away but from memory the ref screwed us that day).

Anyways, point is, this doesn't really change the picture that much at all. We played a very good game here though and didn't go for more of that senseless long ball garbage, it was a bit like the old Dortmund. Again though, I'd like to see this against better organized teams that don't gift us goals the way Freiburg did. The fact that they lost both games comfortably to us and we scored 3 each time should say it all, they did not approach us the same way others have done in this league, simple as that.

Some positives though were Kuba, Reus, and Kagawa linking up well with Auba up top, think that should be our front four when everything is settled and Kuba is fully fit with Miki + Kampl being first subs off the bench. Also was really happy to see much more effort and determination from the players, hope they show it more regularly and not this hot and cold mess we've seen all year.

I never said I wanted to see Klopp sacked (although it was getting pretty close lately). I said that he should leave with his dignity still in tact if he is incapable of setting this team up to play football anymore and if he doesn't learn from any of his mistakes with each bad game. This match was good, but let's see some consistency now before claiming things to be back on track.

Onwards and upwards now. Time to build some rhythm and boost the morale ahead of the cup matches whilst steadily climbing up the league with a run of results.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2015, 08:10 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Freiburg had more posession but just made too many simple mistakes and we were finally able to convert some of those gifts they gave us.. And of course PEA was the perfect player for our system, especially when having that early lead. Home match versus Mainz will be totally different as they will sit back and try to harm us on counter attack, hence i am not sure whether to stick with this formation or give Immobile another chance.

Really hope that we will see the same spirit and motivation in that game from our boys.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2015, 09:34 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was the man of the match in Borussia’s 3-0 win at SC Freiburg on Saturday. After setting up the first goal, the Gabon international scored BVB's second and third for his first brace of the season to take his tally to seven. “We were keen to maintain a positive mind set today,” BVB’s match-winner told Sky TV after the game, while Marcel Schmelzer saw a “great performance” from Borussia.

Marcel Schmelzer: “We deserved to win. It feels good to pick up three points. We worked hard for this win. We are happy to take three points home. We had great hopes going into this match and put in a great performance. Getting an early goal was the key to victory. That had been our problem against Augsburg. Had we taken an early lead in that game as well… After the goal, we kept pushing forward, but remained solid at the back. We’ll travel home happy, but next week against Mainz we have to carry on where we left off.”

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: “The game against Augsburg was a mental problem. We approached the Freiburg match even more focussed, and were keen maintain a positive mind set.”

Jürgen Klopp: “We know of course that a few things went wrong against Augsburg. But that was mainly down to a lack of confidence in our abilities. The team wanted a lot, ran a lot, but didn’t reward themselves. Today it looked much better. We took positives from the Augsburg game and made a few adjustments. Physically, we are in much better shape, and we have also improved tactically. Now we need to have the courage in the crucial moments to believe in our skills. Today was an important step in that direction. The team stuck to our plan for the whole 90 minutes. You get problems if you are too passive against Freiburg. But we stayed active. The third goal was wonderfully created, and you can see what’s possible when you have confidence. On Friday we have to prove ourselves again. But it was an important step to recovery.”

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2015, 15:09
International

Quote:
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was the man of the match in Borussia’s 3-0 win at SC Freiburg on Saturday. After setting up the first goal, the Gabon international scored BVB's second and third for his first brace of the season to take his tally to seven. “We were keen to maintain a positive mind set today,” BVB’s match-winner told Sky TV after the game, while Marcel Schmelzer saw a “great performance” from Borussia.

Marcel Schmelzer: “We deserved to win. It feels good to pick up three points. We worked hard for this win. We are happy to take three points home. We had great hopes going into this match and put in a great performance. Getting an early goal was the key to victory. That had been our problem against Augsburg. Had we taken an early lead in that game as well… After the goal, we kept pushing forward, but remained solid at the back. We’ll travel home happy, but next week against Mainz we have to carry on where we left off.”

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang:The game against Augsburg was a mental problem. We approached the Freiburg match even more focussed, and were keen maintain a positive mind set.”

Jürgen Klopp: “We know of course that a few things went wrong against Augsburg. But that was mainly down to a lack of confidence in our abilities. The team wanted a lot, ran a lot, but didn’t reward themselves. Today it looked much better. We took positives from the Augsburg game and made a few adjustments. Physically, we are in much better shape, and we have also improved tactically. Now we need to have the courage in the crucial moments to believe in our skills. Today was an important step in that direction. The team stuck to our plan for the whole 90 minutes. You get problems if you are too passive against Freiburg. But we stayed active. The third goal was wonderfully created, and you can see what’s possible when you have confidence. On Friday we have to prove ourselves again. But it was an important step to recovery.”
Aubameyang basically confirming what I've been saying the whole time, the team was in a mental and psychological state of shock which explains all the poor performances. So no Klopp definitely isn't to blame at all for the current situation and the way I see it it can only get better from now on.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2015, 06:50 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

i would not say was in a mental and psychological state of shock. They still might be, as this one victory doesn't change the whole picture. Imagine we are 0-1 behind this weekend and all of a sudden this nervosity and shock state will return again and the pressure in the signal iduna park certainly is not less than on the road.

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in