Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
[BL - matchday 19] BVB vs FC Augsburg

Wednesday, 04.02.2015
kickoff: 20:00

vs

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2015, 15:00
International

Augsburg is a decent team that is hard to beat nowadays, as we saw in the game in Augsburg at the beginning of the season so you have to be careful. They will fight hard but I still see this game ending in a 2-0 win for Dortmund.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:03
Forum Manager
Star Player

I recall the away win at the start of this season over them, 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go and almost ended up drawing the game. Thought we could have performed much better then, but would never have thought we'd come to this point without an away win since. :undecide:

Anyways, yeah it'll be a difficult game, it was last year in this fixture as well and it wouldn't surprise me if Ji will be motivated to prove a point here (if he plays) after not getting any playing time under Klopp, even though he was injured half the time to be fair. They're another solid, organized team so again don't expect it to be easy.

Weidenfeller
Grosskreutz --- Sokratis --- Hummels --- Schmelzer
Sahin --- Gundogan
Mkhitaryan --- Kampl --- Reus
Immobile

Don't think Mitch will be able to start yet so soon, KG should move to fullback if Piszczek isn't fit (no Sokratis experiments there anymore, please) and Heno should come back into the lineup. Hope he goes with the Nuri-Gundo pairing too even if it's too offensive, better than putting someone who adds nothing offensively and isn't that good defensively either like Ginter.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2015, 15:24 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

not my favourite team to play against in our situation but really excited to see the match. as azulgrana said, Augsburg is a very organized and stable team and it will get tough for us score. we really need some variability and a versatile approach in this game in order to create spaces against such an defensive organized team that has such a run in this season. they seem to be even more dangerous with Bayerns Hojbjerg who had a great debut for them at the weekend.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 09:43 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

possible line-up according to BVB:

but hopefully Klopp will stick with Immobile in order to give him some confidence, he was not the reason for not beating Leverkusen. The midfield was struggling to create chances and they have to improve heavily tonight.

Ji returning to the Westfalenstadion without playing a regular minute for the BVB's first team, so he will sin for revenge.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 11:18 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

the next 2 weeks will decide whether we stay in deep shit in the league or whether we are able to climb up the table. Facing Augsburg tonight, then going to Freiburg and welcome Mainz a week after. Do or die...

80,677 will be watching the match tonight - sold out!

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 14:32
International

The Westfalenstadion is always sold out, it was sold out even in the darkest days of this club so it's no surprise. It is, on average, the highest attendance in Europe.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 20:48
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
wow, cant even score against 10 men Augsburg at home! Been watching the last 15-20 mins and theyve only had one good chance! Didnt even realise Augsburg were playing with 10 men until just now! Another home loss. THis is mental

Have to admire Augsburg's organisation and work-rate tho

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 20:52
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer87 View Post
wow, cant even score against 10 men Augsburg at home! Been watching the last 15-20 mins and theyve only had one good chance! Didnt even realise Augsburg were playing with 10 men until just now! Another home loss. THis is mental

Have to admire Augsburg's organisation and work-rate tho
I agree with everything you've said. This is pathetic from Dortmund, they look as if they could play for 300 minutes straight and still not manage to score.

Credit to Augsburg, I would love to see them make it to the EL.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 21:17
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

yeah, surely Markus Weinzierl will get some offers from bigger clubs at end of season. The work he has done over last 3 seasons has been remarkable. Him or Tuchel to Dortmund maybe?!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 21:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Don't worry, this is all just due to injuries and will get better soon. Oh wait, that was last week, and the week before, and the other 15 matchdays before. p

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 21:54
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerheart View Post
Don't worry, this is all just due to injuries and will get better soon. Oh wait, that was last week, and the week before, and the other 15 matchdays before. p
Yes it was. I'd love to see where Bayern would be if they had half their squad injured then coming back only to get injured again. There are obviously other factors but injuries don't help. They can break a team psychologically and destroy the player's form.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 22:35
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 22:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
Yes it was. I'd love to see where Bayern would be if they had half their squad injured then coming back only to get injured again. There are obviously other factors but injuries don't help. They can break a team psychologically and destroy the player's form.
Bayern has not less injuries than Dortmund. Apart from that it is still a bad excuse. It is an acceptable excuse not to win the championship, it is hilarious to explain being deservedly the worst team in the Bundesliga after 19 matchdays.

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2015, 23:40
International

The way you make fun of Dortmund and then try to portray it as being just realistic is very lame and uncalled for.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2015, 01:05
Forum Manager
Star Player

Different game, same crap. It's been a running theme all season long.

I don't want to hear anyone try and justify what we're seeing for 2 hours every time BVB have a game. There is no width in the attack, all 4 attacking players are stationed centrally and offer no off the ball movement hence why every foray forward breaks down within 2 or 3 small passes (and why the defense often opts for the long ball approach from the back), the midfielders casually jog back and don't work hard enough in defense, the entire team is too far apart on the pitch and passes are often forced because of this which leads to all the lost balls, and the defense is too rash majority of the time which lead to 1v1 opportunities for other teams to score from.

All in all, from top to bottom, it is an absolute mess and the excuses for Klopp have run out I'm afraid. Nothing has changed over a 6 week winter break, the problems in both attack and defense are still there regardless of who's playing, and all the key players apart from Kuba are fit. There is just no actual plan here and it just boggles me as to how this can carry on for so long without anything ever being changed. We play the same way we did on matchday 1 of the season and have only gotten 2 wins from the last 16 games yet there is no pressure, no heat, no changes, nothing. Just a running circus every single time the players enter the pitch.

Looking at the faces of players like Sahin, Kagawa, and Aubameyang, I don't even see people that genuinely care about the situation the club is even in. These guys already look like they're pondering about their summer move and next paycheck, both in the way they play and their facial expressions. Hopefully we get rid of such players this summer, those who aren't loyal and don't give their all each game have no place at this club any longer. Radical changes can surely be expected at this point.

The players and the management need to take a serious long look at themselves and figure out where the issues are. It's impossible for anyone there not to notice what's going wrong. Klopp needs to go back to the basics, play with proper wingers, and get this team playing the way it knows best. It's hard to believe that the most exciting counter attacking team in Europe turned into....this. Whatever this is, I wouldn't know where to begin explaining how bad this team looks now. It just looks like a bunch of kids who are getting together to play for the first time and it looks like that EVERY week, it's truly beyond me how a team with these kind of players can have no chemistry whatsoever.

It's going to be difficult to get out of this rut, especially now that it's been dragged on for so long. If nothing changes soon, I hope Klopp will at least have the guts to drop some of these players and bring in some of the U-23 guys instead. They can't do any worse and they'll fight their heart out for the club, some passion needs to be restored into this lifeless team. Even Klopp himself doesn't look as enthusiastic as he used to.

One more thing, would like to say that I thought Hummels showed the most spirit today. Gave it his all and tried to carry the team forward every time he got the ball. If the others showed his kind of effort, maybe things wouldn't be this bad. At least you know with someone like him he genuinely cares about this club, can't say the same for many of the others. Good on the fans to give them some deserved boos.

Credit to Augsburg as well, they did well to hang on with 10 men and they are having a fantastic season so far. Weinzierl certainly is a very good coach and he's proven himself as one by now.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2015, 01:10
Xtratime Legend

Just seen that clip with Weidenfeller and the fans.

Those supporters deserve better.

Œuvres complčtes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2015, 04:29
International

I'm actually glad the supporters booed the team and were vocal with their anger for once, usually they tend to be too nice and too patient. Last season when Dortmund was losing game after game they didn't boo nearly as much as now against Augsburg. I don't know where to go from this, I can't see the team get relegated but I can't see them qualify for any European competition either. Even having to face Juventus in the CL in about 3 weeks can become a problem now with the team looking so awful and disorganized. Tough times but if anything these are times where you can distinguish true supporters from fanboys.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2015, 10:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik View Post
Even having to face Juventus in the CL in about 3 weeks can become a problem now with the team looking so awful and disorganized.
Crazy how you still make it sound like Dortmund is kind of the favourite at this stage. The word of the months is really delusional as often as I have to use it.

The only thing that could save Dortmund is that Juve's record in Europe has been awful in the last years, but definitely not Dortmund's "strength".

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2015, 14:50 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

i was pretty shocked to see the result tonight. will try to watch the match this evening, but i have no words right now....

Homer J. Simpson‏

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in