LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2014, 06:13 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
#23 Kevin Kampl

so, Kampl it is...

Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund will sign 24-year old Slovenian international Kevin Kampl from top Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg.

„Kevin Kampl is a versatile attacking-midfielder, who we have been observing for some time. His style of play fits in perfectly with our own,” said Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc.

Kampl, who was born in the western German town of Solingen, scored 29 goals and made 54 assists in 109 appearances in all competitions for Salzburg. To date, he has 14 caps and 1 goal to his name for the Slovenian national side.

Kevin Kampl will sign a long-term contract with Borussia Dortmund, keeping him at the club until 2019. Both clubs agreed details of the transfer fee shall remain undisclosed.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:27 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Welcome to the BVB, Kevin II

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2014, 15:49
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Star Player

Teams: SV Hamburg
Sounds like a waste of money. A player from the austrian league who has not even made a major impact with his national team for 12 Mio?? Dortmund seems to be really desperate...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2014, 17:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
He's a nice player and plays as a right sided midfielder for Red Bull, but who will he play for at Dortmund?

Good player for the Europa League fantasy game btw.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2014, 15:28
International

I would have prefered a new defender instead of yet another midfielder.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2014, 17:06
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Decent player, 12 mill is a bit steep tho

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2014, 17:07
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michinho View Post
wont be surprised to see Khedira signing for us in the winter transfer and Reus going the other way in the summer transfer-period....
Dortmund would pay 100k plus a week?!

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2014, 12:38 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer87 View Post
Dortmund would pay 100k plus a week?!
no, i dont think so and in my opinion and additionally neither BVB want to sign him and the player would like to join us

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2014, 13:06
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
Kampl has been the best player in the Austrian league for the past two seasons. Great signing in my books as he can play on the left, right or down the middle. He is worth the 12m

With him, Reus, Mkhitaryan, Kuba and Kagawa there will be plenty of depth in that behind the striker role. Auba can also play there of course but i prefer him as a ST

That CDM spot seems to be the most troublesome as Kehl is past it/retiring at the end of the season, Gundogan is coming back from injury and Sahin is always hot and cold. Bender is the only consistent performer there these days.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2014, 00:46
Madridista
Rookie

Teams: Real Madrid / BVB
There are 2 rumours in Dortmund these days

The first one that there will be a contract with Sami Khedira this winter and Marco Reus will go to Real Madrid this Summer. He's learning spanish by the way ;-)

The other one is that BVB will go up with his contract payment in another galaxy to hold him in Dortmund and he'll accept the new contract.

But however Rumours over Rumours

Looking for Soccer Buddys & also Jerseys all around the World :-)

If someone needs original Signatures from Borussia Dortmund Players, feel free to ask :-)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2015, 15:55
Star Player

Teams: Real Madrid and Serbia
Kevin is gonna fit in Dortmund like a glove. Hes gonna positivly suprise you.

PEPE!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2015, 13:14 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

I'm sure he will, especially as one has to wait and see how kuba and Reus return and are able to regain their past form.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2015, 08:40 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Kampl gets the #23 jersey. Thought Shinji might go for his former number..

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:54 Thread Starter
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

decent debut from him. Once the team improves as a whole we will see his full potential i am sure.

Kevin Kampl: “We can live with the result. It was a very tough game for us. We knew that Bayer would play an extreme pressing game and that we would need to fight hard. It was a good start to the second half of the season. On Wednesday against Augsburg I’m sure we’ll be able to create a little bit more than we did today. It was a hard-running game for us, and it was also a very hard-fought game in which the football was a little lacking. What we need above all at the moment is to gain points and we did that. It’s good to have a run of games coming up now, and on Wednesday we will play a bit better.

The Slovenian midfielder had 52 touches, won 58% of his tackles, managed 36 sprints and covered a total of 12.2 km on the pitch. Klopp said, “For his first match that was pretty impressive. Confident, sharp, showed good skill.”

Homer J. Simpson‏

Last edited by Michinho; February 2nd, 2015 at 10:47.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in