Jan Koller to Dortmund? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2001, 20:16 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, Liverpool FC, Israeli NT
A Dailysoccer report:

BERLIN, May 15 (Reuters)(DS) - Czech international Jan Koller
says the lure of Champions League football means he could be
playing for Borussia Dortmund instead of Fulham next season.
Koller, currently top striker at Belgian champions
Anderlecht, has been linked with the Bundesliga and the English
premier league, where promoted Fulham will play next season.
"I've always said that I want to go to England but now I
have doubts," Koller said on Tuesday.
"Dortmund is more interesting in sporting terms because they
play in the Champions League."
Koller said he was considering Dortmund over Fulham after
talking to Dortmund's record Czech signing Tomas Rosicky.
"I spoke to my countryman Tomas Rosicky and he said that
Dortmund is a great club. I'll think about it again and make a
decision before my holidays," Koller told the German Sid sports
news agency.
The Czech giant, Belgium's Player of the Year this season
and scorer of 20 league goals, was widely tipped to move to
Fulham, who cruised to promotion from the English first division
last month.
Dortmund could move up from third to clinch Germany's second
automatic Champions League berth ahead of Schalke 04 if they
beat visitors Cologne on the last day of the season on Saturday
and second-placed Schalke lose at home to SpVgg Unterhaching.
Bayern Munich need only a point at Hamburg SV to be sure of
finishing ahead of Schalke and retaining their title.
Anderlecht said they had received no formal offer from
Dortmund, who were European champions in 1997.

"Stop and stare...I think I'm moving but I go nowhere...."

:dielaugh:Beitar Jerusalem:dielaugh:

- Israeli Double Winners! League and State Cup Winners 2007/2008!

- 2006/2007 League Champions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2001, 09:45
Star Player

Teams: Bayern München
He'll kick ass in Bundesliga. Dortmund management is damn smart to get great players. But isn't he non-EU?
Bobic and Herrlich aren't exactly the players that can lead Dortmund in CL.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2001, 10:45
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: Lazio, Dortmund & Genoa
I really hope Dortmund can get Jan Koller and I am quite sure they will. Anyway I hope also for a change in goal and Claudio Pizarro! He is a fantastic player and the budegt should allow to buy him as well. Then Dortmund needs some better defenders although a lineup with Wörns, Heinrich and Metzelder would be young but not good enough. Frank Baumann also from Bremen as Pizarro would be nice. And I like Brazilian Marcelo Bordon from Stuttgart, who has an EU-passport.

"Questo Pandev è una pipa!" Qualche mese fa al Processo di Biscardi...
"Pandev, splendido gol di Pandev, un uno due ESEMPLARE!" Massimo Tecca, Gennaio 2005

"Io non ho mai visto nulla come questa Genova. È qualcosa di indescrivibilmente bello, grandioso, caratteristico: Parigi e Londra al confronto di questa divina città scompaiono come semplici agglomerati di case e di strade senza alcuna forma..." Richard Wagner, 1835

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2001, 12:55
Star Player

Isn't Bordon a Brazilian?

Worns, Herrlich and Metzelder young but not good enough!!!!!
They aren't young except Metzelder. Average 27. Oliseh and Reuter can also be used as sweepers and Kohler as a manmarker.

__________________________________________________ __________
Dortmund baulk at £8m Koller price

Thursday 17th May 2001

Jan Koller's much-talked about move from Anderlecht took another twist on Thursday when Borussia Dortmund's general manager Michael Zorc revealed they would not meet the Belgian club's asking price.

Dortmund became the favourites to sign Koller this week after the giant Czech revealed that a switch to the Bundesliga outfit would represent "a greater sporting challenge". And Koller's agent Pavel Paska travelled to Germany yesterday to begin talks with Dortmund.

"It's true, negotiations are underway," revealed Zorc. "We are certainly interested in buying Koller, but there's still a long way to go."

Zorc, however, insisted that Anderlecht would have to lower their asking price before any agreement was reached. "I can assure you we are not going to pay the £8 million Anderlecht are asking for," claimed the Dortmund chief.

Anderlecht's general manager Michel Verschueren, though, insisted that "the deal will be still arranged" and Koller himself indicated he had agreed terms with the Germans.

"I have an agreement until 2005," Koller was quoted as telling several newspapers. "I hope Anderlecht and Dortmund will quickly come to an agreement."

However, both Dortmund and Fulham have made it clear they will not be held to ransom by Koller's or Anderlecht's demands.

"Claudio Pizarro (the Werder Bremen striker) is still a candidate for us," Zorc explained. "We are in talks, but I believe that he wants to head south to Bayern Munich or even more south (Spain and Itlay)."

While Fulham coach Jean Tigana told Belgium daily Het Laatste Nieuws: "We believe that Pavel Paska [Koller's agent] wants to play games with us and Dortmund, but nobody plays games with us. We have three or four alternatives for the strikers job."

Koller claimed on Monday that he was a big fan of English football. "England has the best stadiums and atmosphere. I've spoken about it to Patrik Berger and Pavel Srnicek, who both warmly recommended playing in England," said Koller.

But the following day he muddied the waters. "A short time ago, everything was clear as I had an agreement with Fulham and I was just waiting to sign the contract," he explained.

"Then I learnt through various sources that Dortmund were interested in me. I also heard that financially the offer is about the same as in England. Given that, the bigger sporting challenge lies with Dortmund."

Dortmund have qualified for next season's Champions' League, whereas Fulham, who only won promotion to the Premiership this season, cannot play in Europe until at least the season after next.

Koller has consulted his Czech Republic team-mate Tomas Rosicky, who plays for Dortmund.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2001, 18:04
Premier Player
Star Player

Well, it´s not Herrlich on defense, I mean Heinrich. But it´s a young enough defense when you compare it to other top teams.

Bordon is Brazilain but has an Italian passport if I´m not wrong. Pizarro is from Peru but has an Italian passport as well.

"Pandev, splendido gol di Pandev, un uno due ESEMPLARE!" Massimo Tecca, Gennaio 2005

"Io non ho mai visto nulla come questa Genova. È qualcosa di indescrivibilmente bello, grandioso, caratteristico: Parigi e Londra al confronto di questa divina città scompaiono come semplici agglomerati di case e di strade senza alcuna forma..." Richard Wagner, 1835
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2001, 22:36
Star Player

Of course I meant Heinrich. Herlich

Only Leverkusen's defence is younger among giant Buli teams.

Anyway.

Fulham win fight for Koller

Thursday 17th May 2001

Fulham have won the battle to sign Jan Koller from Anderlecht. Hours after Borussia Dortmund's director of sport Michael Zorc claimed that Koller was over-priced at £8 million, the Czech striker told a Belgium news agency that a deal with the newly-promoted English side had been done.

Koller told the news agency Belga: "It took a long time for Fulham to give me a contract but after a while I have reached an agreement today."

Fulham's managing director Michael Fiddy later told the club's website: "After long discussions we are delighted this fee has been agreed and we now look forward to discussing personal terms with the player."

Koller will travel to England for a medical and to finalise personal terms. It is believed Fulham have agreed to pay the Belgian champions £8 million.

The news of Koller's move certainly came as a surprise as the German side had emerged this week as strong favourites to land the giant striker.

But Koller's much-talked about and protracted move from Anderlecht took another twist on Thursday when Borussia Dortmund's general manager Michael Zorc revealed they would not meet the Belgian club's asking price.

On hearing this, Fulham moved swifty to tie up a deal with a player they had been chasing for months.

Anderlecht chairman Roger Vanden Stock blamed the press for the deal with the Bundesliga side falling through.

He said: "Dortmund lowered their offer after reading valuations in the Belgian press. The Press is to blame. They announced amounts in the newspapers which made the Germans lower their offer."

Dortmund had become the favourites to sign Koller this week after the giant Czech revealed that a switch to the Bundesliga outfit would represent "a greater sporting challenge".

And Koller's agent Pavel Paska travelled to Germany yesterday to begin talks.

"It's true, negotiations are underway," revealed Zorc on Thursday. "We are certainly interested in buying Koller, but there's still a long way to go."

Zorc, however, insisted that Anderlecht would have to lower their asking price before any agreement was reached. "I can assure you we are not going to pay the £8 million Anderlecht are asking for," claimed the Dortmund chief.

Anderlecht's general manager Michel Verschueren then claimed that "the deal will be still arranged" and Koller himself indicated he had agreed terms with the Germans.

"I have an agreement until 2005," Koller was quoted as telling several newspapers. "The talks (with Dortmund) were easy and only lasted two to three hours.

"Dortmund will pay me more than Fulham were prepared to offer and naturally there's a chance of playing in the Champions' League. I hope Anderlecht and Dortmund will quickly come to an agreement."

However, both Dortmund and Fulham made it clear they would not be held to ransom by Koller's or Anderlecht's demands.

"Claudio Pizarro (the Werder Bremen striker) is still a candidate for us," Zorc explained. "We are in talks, but I believe that he wants to head south to Bayern Munich or even more south (Spain and Itlay)."

While Fulham coach Jean Tigana told Belgium daily Het Laatste Nieuws: "We believe that Pavel Paska [Koller's agent] wants to play games with us and Dortmund, but nobody plays games with us. We have three or four alternatives for the strikers job."

Koller claimed on Monday that he was a big fan of English football. "England has the best stadiums and atmosphere. I've spoken about it to Patrik Berger and Pavel Srnicek, who both warmly recommended playing in England," said Koller.

But the following day he muddied the waters. "A short time ago, everything was clear as I had an agreement with Fulham and I was just waiting to sign the contract," he explained.

"Then I learnt through various sources that Dortmund were interested in me. I also heard that financially the offer is about the same as in England. Given that, the bigger sporting challenge lies with Dortmund."

Dortmund have qualified for next season's Champions' League, whereas Fulham, who only won promotion to the Premiership this season, cannot play in Europe until at least the season after next.

Now, I'm 90% sure Pizarro will join Dortmund, in the case he won't leave Buli.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2001, 23:53
Premier Player
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Rafo
Now, I'm 90% sure Pizarro will join Dortmund, in the case he won't leave Buli.
I hope so!!!!!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2001, 09:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ajax | Oranje
Koller not to Fulham, but to Dortmund

Quote:
BERLIN, May 25 (Reuters)(DS) - Germany's Borussia Dortmund swooped to sign Anderlecht's giant Czech striker Jan Koller from under the noses of English premier league side Fulham, the Bundesliga club said on Friday. "We've signed Jan Koller on a four-year contract until 2005 starting next season. Both clubs have agreed not to reveal the transfer amount," a Dortmund spokeswoman said. Settlement of the deal ended months of speculation about the 28-year-old Koller's transfer from the Belgian champions. Although newly promoted Fulham looked to have secured his signature at one stage, Koller had hinted strongly that he wanted to join Dortmund because they would be playing in next season's Champions League. Media reports said Dortmund paid around 24 million marks ($10.57 million) for the 6 ft 7 inch Czech international.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2001, 10:51
Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Italian NT
TOOOOOO much in my oppinion, if u had been able to get Pizarro for 15 Mio DM... so, Pizarro to Bayern? Duh, I guess the Bayern fans could be very happy with this one

Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Londra 22 Maggio 1963
Madrid 28 Maggio 1969
Barcellona 24 Maggio 1989
Vienna 23 Maggio 1990
Atene 18 Maggio 1994
Manchester 28 Maggio 2003
Atene 23 Maggio 2007

La storia si repete... ancora una volta...

7 volte CAMPIONI D'EUROPA
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2001, 12:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Psycho
TOOOOOO much in my oppinion, if u had been able to get Pizarro for 15 Mio DM... so, Pizarro to Bayern? Duh, I guess the Bayern fans could be very happy with this one

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY Happy

And very sad if they miss to buy him :fero:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in