BV Borussia Dortmund Transfers & Rumors Thread - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 395 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

BV Borussia Dortmund Transfers & Rumors Thread

Any news, signings, departures, or rumors regarding Dortmund transfers go here.

In (officially):
Ji Dong-Won - Free (Contract until: 2018)
Nuri Sahin - 7,000,000 (Contract until: not confirmed yet, expected to be until 2018)
Adrian Ramos - 9,750,000 (Contract until: 2018)

Out (officially):
Robert Lewandowski - to Bayern Munich: Free
Manuel Friedrich - released: Free

Contract extensions (officially):
Sebastian Kehl (until 2015)
Ilkay Gundogan (until 2016)
Oliver Kirch (until 2016)
Zlatan Alomerovic (until 2016)
Marvin Ducksch (until 2018)

Plenty of rumors going on that Torino striker Ciro Immobile will arrive on Monday in Dortmund to have a medical exam and put pen to paper on a 5-year contract with the club for a deal commanding a transfer fee of 19,000,000 euros. The forward himself already proclaimed that he will be playing in black and yellow colors next season.

There are also players linked closely with the club on a regular basis as potential signings such as Matthias Ginter, Shinji Kagawa, Kevin Volland, Josip Drmic, and Roberto Firmino. Nothing anywhere near concrete with any of them though as of yet.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 395 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Responding to this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filo View Post
What's wrong with Immobile?

I mean: top goalscorer in Serie A, Italian, young and probably going to the World Cup. Yet the Italian Champions prefer to sell him rather than get him back... And Juventus is looking for a new striker...

Don't get me wrong though, I think it's a good transfer. But is it something that he has that Juventus doesn't like or is it just that Juventus doesn't know his value?
Well, I doubt that they don't know his worth seeing as he was this year's Cappocannoniere in Italy and they own half of his playing rights, but I think Juventus are trying to make money for a marquee forward signing like Sanchez or Cavani, who they are targeting since they see those players as ones that could take them to the next level to compete for the Champions League trophy having established themselves as the force in Italian football now with 3 consecutive Scudetti triumphs.

They also have the likes of Tevez, Llorente, and Giovinco around who I don't think they're interested in selling so having those three with a marquee striker signing probably means there's no room for Immobile there.

Immobile was very poor during his days at Genoa but Torino gave him a lifeline not long ago trying to recapture the form that he produced during his days in Serie B with Pescara where he scored 28 goals in 37 games in the 2011/12 season. It was a risk but they hit the jackpot with that seeing as he won the top scorer award playing for a side that was expected to finish mid-table at the start of the season and ended up making it to a Europa League spot for next year.

He formed a fantastic partnership with Cerci up front, with Cerci being the more withdrawn playmaking forward and Immobile being the lethal finisher. He is a world class finisher, his reading of plays around him and movement is impeccable, strong on the ball, has a healthy work ethic, and is deceivingly quick. He's not all perfect because his passing does leave a lot to be desired especially in comparison to Lewandowski and his crossing is pretty awful, but he has all the other qualities to be a successful marksman.

He is lethal on the counter attack with the abilities he possesses, something that will fit perfectly in Klopp's system if he gets the space and the service regularly. He reminds me a lot of old school #9 centerforwards from what I've seen of him. I'm pleased that Klopp and Watzke have gone out to sign Immobile and Ramos, two different types of forwards with different abilities, to replace Lewandowski. This will give the team more depth and options to play with.

Now instead of having just Lewandowski to rely on for the goals from the CF options (since Schieber was a complete failure), the team will have Immobile, Ramos, and Ducksch next season on top of Reus, Aubameyang, and Mkhitaryan. It's the perfect attacking recipe, although it needs more in the creative department to really release its full potential.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #3 of 395 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 09:05
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
fully agree azulgrana.

additionally one has to say that it is the most important thing to fit into a coach's picture of match plan. guess Klopp/Zorc were able convince Immobile to become an important part of their squad, though to space which Lewa is leaving is a very big one. in the end one can argue whats wrong with Mandzukic, but it is just the relationship with guardiola which isn't the best, as his scoring statistic is great since he arrived in Munich.

BVB supporters will be happy with this transfer, 19 Millions for the topscorer of the Serie A is quite a doog price.

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?

post #4 of 395 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 17:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Azulgrana.
Immobile was very poor during his days at Genoa
It seems to be a real hard place to impress though. Not many have. So many players have just simply disappeared there.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #5 of 395 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 19:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Yeah indeed, but certainly wasn't a Diego Milito type of success there though. Just 5 goals in 33 games in the one season he spent in Liguria.

Immobile is doing all the work right now regarding the medical and contract signing so the transfer should be announced officially soon. Welcome aboard Ciro!

The latest on the Ginter front is that Bayern have dropped out of the race and a decision will be made this week on the player's future. He will either stay at SCF or sign for Dortmund. BVB are offering 10M, Freiburg want 13M though.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #6 of 395 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2014, 04:13
Premier Player

BVB need a badass defensive midifielder
post #7 of 395 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:03
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

signed and sealed

Ciro Immobiles outstanding qualities fit perfectly with the profile required by Borussia Dortmund“ (Michael Zorc, sporting director).

Ciro Immobile: Everything is going great in my life right now and now I have signed for one of the most prestigious clubs in Europe

appointment with his new boss..

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #8 of 395 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2014, 15:26
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Marvin Duksch on loan to SC Paderborn. Might be better for his development.

leaves us with Immobile, Ramos and Schieber upfront. But still think that Schieber is on his way out...

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #9 of 395 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2014, 10:50
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Ginter only wants to join BVB he said in an interview. He wants to come this season and hopes Freiburg will accept the offer from dortmund

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #10 of 395 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2014, 10:32
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Seems like Julian Schieber is negotiating with Hertha BSC. He could replace Lasogga there

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #11 of 395 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2014, 13:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Any developments or negotiations on the Matthias Ginter front has been postponed until after the World Cup. It's more likely that he ends up staying at Freiburg for another season, but there's still a possibility Dortmund could sign him.

In other news, the club has signed 21 year old American winger Joseph-Claude Gyau from Hoffenheim where he made 2 BuLi appearances last season. He will play in the second team.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #12 of 395 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2014, 06:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Julian Schieber to Hertha Berlin for 2+1M. Decent return for a striker who scored just 6 goals in 57 appearances over two seasons.

Still no breakthrough on the Ginter front, despite reports that the club has agreed personal terms with the player.

The Mats Hummels to Manchester United rumors that have showered the web recently are obviously, completely 100% false. Mats is going nowhere.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #13 of 395 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2014, 12:14
Premier Player

Any news on Ginter ?

I don't get why they didn't go for Schaar instead....
post #14 of 395 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2014, 12:57
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

german media speculating about negotiations with Ginter & Freiburg this week. as azulgrana already said, i think terms with the player are already fixed.

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #15 of 395 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2014, 08:10
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Ginter is a done deal according to his management. transfer fee is 10 Millions and he will sign a contract valid till 2019. Welcome!!

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #16 of 395 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2014, 10:07
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

He will wear #28

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #17 of 395 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2014, 04:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Excited about this transfer. A 20 year old center back with good potential (not as much as some bases of the media and fans alike make him out to be, but still quite talented), capable of playing both in defense and midfield, already a World Cup winner, and at just 10M euros in cost for a player that can be a mainstay in the team for years to come. Very good signing when taking in all the factors involved.

Obviously this won't affect Hummels and he isn't signed as an immediate replacement for him but he could even turn out to be Kehl's successor depending on what Klopp thinks. He'll get plenty of playing time though in my opinion even if it seems like he is 4th choice on paper right now. Hummels, Subotic, and Bender all historically have injury problems every season, Gundogan isn't anywhere near fit enough yet to return to the lineup, and Kehl is on the verge of retirement. Ginter will get his chances, he just has to be patient.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)
post #18 of 395 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2014, 08:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
I hope he will only be played in central defence. He is Germany's biggest talent on that position and even if as you say he might not be a one in a million talent he is still the best we have. And the nationalteam is not strong in central defence.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #19 of 395 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2014, 16:30
International

Teams: MANCHESTER UNITED
Any truth in the rumors about Hummels moving to United ?

SIR ALEX FERGUSON

Premier League (13): 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2012-13.

FA Cup (5)
League Cup (4)
Charity/Community Shield (10)
Champions League (2)
European Cup Winners' Cup (1)
European Super Cup (1)
Intercontinental Cup (1)
FIFA Club World Cup (1)

post #20 of 395 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2014, 21:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_iitg View Post
Any truth in the rumors about Hummels moving to United ?
Hummels is going nowhere. He signed a contract extension a few months ago until 2017, loves the city and the club, he's held in very high regard by the management, and won't be available for anything below the 45M mark (at least).

I do think the time may eventually come when Hummels could leave the club, but he is not going to force anything and the club is now in a strong financial position so there is no need to offload players anymore to make ends meet. It's now either pay up the club's valuation of the player or look elsewhere, especially for a player like Mats.

R.I.P. Tito Vilanova
(1968-2014)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in