BV Borussia Dortmund 2012-13 Season Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 530 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2012, 23:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
BV Borussia Dortmund 2012-13 Season Thread

Well, there hasn't been much activity from Borussia Dortmund in this summer. We have signed former-Stuttgart striker Julian Schieber, we let Shinjii Kagawa go to Manchester United for a reasonable hefty fee of 17 million Euros, and finally, we will be officially getting Mustafa Amini back into the squad after being on loan out in Australia, playing for the Central Coast Miners for a year.

Schieber will be a nice addition to our team. He will provide a nice back-up for Lewandowski, and he can replace Mohamed Zidane in that role. Shinjii Kagawa will be sorely missed, playing very good last season a play-making midfielder who could score. But, we did sign German-international Marco Reus, who can fill in as the Japanese's replacement for years to come, only being at the age of 23. Kagawa's move to England also means that Ivan Perisic will likely receive more playing time in 2012 and 2013. He did impress last season, tallying up seven goals and dishing out four assists. His presence off the bench was very helpful.

We will be competing in the opening round of the Champions League in the upcoming season, along with the Bundesliga and the DFB Pokal, obviously. Jurgen Klopp has said that he does think that winning the Champions League is not impossible, despite the early exit we had last year. He also stated that winning the Champions League is one of the club's top priorities for this season. Looking from a fan's perspective, this is good to hear. I don't want us to be embarrassed and only take four points from a possible 18. Being the champions of Germany, two years in a row, anything worse than a QuarterFinals appearance would be a big disappointment in my eyes. Here is hoping for the best, in all leagues, for my club, BV Borussia Dortmund!!!

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 530 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2012, 00:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHercegovac View Post
we will be officially getting Mustafa Amini back into the squad after being on loan out in Australia, playing for the Central Coast Miners for a year.)
Central Coast Mariners.

All the best to BVB this coming season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #3 of 530 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2012, 00:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Thanks, I am really hoping that we can accomplish a three-peat of a league title, plus a CL title in the three-peat run. I wonder when was the last time a team has done that before..

- Firdaus

post #4 of 530 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2012, 10:31
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: '09
2-1 win in a practice match against SV Meppen, goals by youngsters Amini and Hofmann

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #5 of 530 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2012, 17:37
reo
Legend
Premier Player

Teams: Arsenal, Real Madrid, Selecção Portuguesa, San Jose
Looks like Gotze has packed his artillery and is ready for the season.

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble." - Peter 5:5 KJV
post #6 of 530 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2012, 18:33
YBC
Legend

She's looking at it like "Oh yeah, I can't wait"
post #7 of 530 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2012, 19:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

7/14/12 Friendly

FT - Bruges 3-1 Borussia Dortmund

We lost with a two-goal deficit to Bruges, and a large part we lost was because there were nine UEFA Euro 2012 players on our team who weren't available for this game. In front of a large crowd of 24,000 spectators (22,000 Bruges season-ticket holders got free admission to the game), Refaelov gave Bruges an early lead, in the fourth minute. Not too long after, Larsen scored a controversial header in the 18th minute. The referee claimed it was a goal, but our goalkeeper, Roman Weidenfeller was furious at the call and believed it wasn't a goal. Nonetheless, our team kept a positive attitude and in the 26th minute, newly-signed right midfielder (Leonardo Bittencourt) scored an amazing goal to keep us close with Bruges, at 2-1. The first half ended at 2-1. There weren't any goals in the second half, until Vasquez from Bruges widened the gap even more. The game ended 3-1.

7/18/12 Friendly

FT - Borussia Dortmund 4-0 Rot-Weiss Erfurt

Two days ago, we took on third-division club, Rot-Weis Erfurt. Schieber opened up the goal-scoring in the game with a goal in the 14th minute. It remained 1-0 up until halftime. Then, in the 53rd minute, Durm increased our lead to two goals. Then, in the 73rd minute, Santana scored a goal to give us a very comfortable lead at 3-0. To cap everything off, we capitalized on a penalty four minutes after Santana's goal, when Leitner got a goal of his own in the 76th minute.

- Firdaus
post #8 of 530 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2012, 07:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

St. Gallen 1-2 Borussia Dortmund
54' Dzengis Cavusevic --- 18' Robert Lewandowski / 82' Kevin Grosskreutz

Good to three things -

A) A Bosnian, maybe (Cavusevic), scoring.
B) Lewa keeping good form.
C) A Dortmund win.

- Firdaus

Last edited by SacHercegovac; July 26th, 2012 at 17:32.
post #9 of 530 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2012, 13:06
Tattooed Fußball Fan
Rising Star

I would like at the minimum nice run for the possible repeat of the DFB Pokal. I would like to finish at the very worst in the top 3 of the Bundesliga to guarantee another spot in CL group stage next year. Obviously, I would like a 3 peat.

In the CL, I am hoping to make it to the knockout rounds and possibly the Quarterfinals where we show are capabilities in Europe like we have in Germany.
post #10 of 530 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2012, 15:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Game against hamburg

http://www.sportp2p.tv/

- Firdaus
post #11 of 530 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2012, 17:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Funny to see your second team in 3. Liga has got a great support as well, as long as they're not scheduled at the same moment as the first team. Was yesterday accidentally in Aachen and the away support was great but the draw undeserved.
post #12 of 530 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2012, 07:05
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

crazy group for the BVB with Real Madrid, Man City and Ajax.

If they get through here, everything is possible. 4 domestic champions in one group!!

Homer J. Simpson‏
Work time goes so slow and Moe's time goes so fast. If I worked at Moe's, would the universe collapse?
post #13 of 530 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2012, 07:11
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

after their win against Werder Bremen on the first matchday (2-1, goals by Reus and Götze), they will face Nurnberg on Saturday in the first awy game of the season.

line-up
Nürnberg:

--------------schäfer
chandler-nilsson-klose-pinola
----------simons-balitsch
------frantz-kiyotake-esswein
--------------pekhart

BVB
------------weidenfeller
-pisczek-subotic--hummels--schmelzer
----------kehl----gündogan
----kuba------------------grosskreutz
--------------reus
----------------lewandowski

Götze will most probably see more minutes than against Werder when we got in in the 75th minute

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #14 of 530 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2012, 05:47
Tattooed Fußball Fan
Rising Star

Well, it was tough going up against a club that played so much defense but no need to panic so early in the season. We saw Munich get off to a hot start last season and we saw what happened by the end of the season.

My goal is still to end up in the top 3 at the very worse and to hopefully reach the knock out rounds of the CL.
post #15 of 530 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2012, 04:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
International

Sorry for not being active in this thread guys, school has gotten me busy.

Crazy group for CL, but it should be real fun for neutrals to watch. I won't make predictions, all I'll say is that we will probably need a bit of luck to advance past the group stage, yet again.

Also, we've had a decent start to the league. We kicked things off with a 2-1 win over Werder Bremen, and then we got a 1-1 draw against FC Nuremburg. So four points from two games, but I expected six. Anyways, moving on. Next up is at home against Bayer Leverkusen on September 15, and Ajax at home on the 18th. I expect two wins from those two games, especially against Ajax, because if we want at least second place in the CL, a home game against the weakest team in group is a must in terms of a victory.

- Firdaus
post #16 of 530 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2012, 17:31
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Well, if you don't beat Ajax at home you can just stay home for the rest of the CL season because it would essentially already be over anyway.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #17 of 530 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2012, 09:54
poco loco
Forum Manager
Star Player

Dortmund-Gladbach 5-0
absolute breathtaking performance by Reuss against his old teammates.

Goals by Reuss x 2, Subotic, Gündogan and Kuba

Homer J. Simpson‏
post #18 of 530 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:37
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: NY Rangers
Since there is no thread dedicated to the Dortmund's CL games I'll post it here.................

Good Luck today against Man C.
post #19 of 530 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2012, 21:49
audeamus
Rookie

Hart saved City so many times today. Dortmund was much the better team. If they get a draw with City at home, they should be through to the group stage.
post #20 of 530 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2012, 21:52
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: NY Rangers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Hart saved City so many times today. Dortmund was much the better team. If they get a draw with City at home, they should be through to the group stage.
Totally outclassed City. The ref gave City a "gift" in the 90th min. Dortmund will get out of this group.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in