BV Borussia Dortmund 2011/12 Season Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:05 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

BV Borussia Dortmund 2011/12 Season Thread

All Dortmund news, scores, updates, etc. go here.

So today, Dortmund won 1-0 against Mainz in the semifinals of the German League Cup with a goal from new signing Ivan Perisic in the 46th minute. No footage of the goal so far it seems but I will keep looking.

We face Hamburg in the final tomorrow, at 20:45 CET.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:12
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
I think Dortmund will be taking home the Cup, where it belongs. Here's a preview of the game:

http://www.goal.com/en/match/63618/b...amburg/preview

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
post #3 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:15 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

German League Cup Semifinal: Mainz 0:1 Borussia Dortmund

Perisic heads Borussia into the final: A dominant BVB claim 1-0 win over Mainz

[19.07.] Borussia Dortmund have reached the final of the Liga-Total-Cup 2011. The German champions beat 1.FSV Mainz 05 1-0 (0-0) in the semi-final and will face the winners of Hamburger SV versus Bayern Munich. Perisic scored the winner for BVB in the 33rd minute while Götze and Löwe were denied by the woodwork.

Borussia Dortmund were without six regulars from last season´s championship-winning side: Schmelzer, Bender, Barrios, Kuba and da Silva as well as Sahin who moved to Real Madrid. Since Owomoyela was also not available (Piszczek filled in for Schmelzer on the left back position), Grosskreutz was moved into the back four, and did a great job!

Kehl and Leitner took up the two midfield holding places while Götze, Kagawa and Perisic played behind Lewandowski, BVB´s lone striker. The Black ´n´ Yellows started the game with their tried-and-tested 4-2-3-1, Mainz with a 4-3-2-1, the so-called "Christmas tree" formation. The match was played over two halves of 30 minutes each, and Mainz struggled to get into the game from the start while BVB dominated proceedings from the first whistle. An Ivanschitz long-range effort was the only chance of note for the home side in the first half.

It took BVB all off four minutes to carve out their first opportunity. After Bungert gave the ball away, Kagawa set up Götze, but the lively midfielder was denied by the post. In the 25th minute, Müller had to use both fists to push Perisic´s fierce effort away, and two minutes later the Mainz goalkeeper was again on hand to deny Götze who before had broken away from Caligiuri. The last chance of the first half fell to Kagawa who, just before the break, went close from six yards.

Lukasz Piszczek sends in a cross after breaking down the right wing. [pictures: firo]
Two minutes after the interval, the German champions finally took a deserved lead. A cleared corner found its way to Götze who chipped a soft cross to the centre where Perisic jumped highest to power home an unstoppable header into the left corner. It was his first goal in a BVB shirt, and Perisic looked visibly relieved.

The Black ´n´ Yellows continued to be the better team, and Löwe, who came on for Piszczek, let fly from 30 yards only to be denied by the crossbar. In the 49th minute, Götze dribbled his way into the area, but his shot went wide. Lewandowski then went close with a header from a Perisic cross (50 mins.). Mainz´s only chance of the second half came in the 56th minute when Ujah sent a header into the side-netting (56).

Mainz: H. Müller - Pospech, Bungert, Kirchhoff, Caligiuri - Baumgartlinger (46. Risse), Polanski, Ivanschitz (53. Yilmaz) - N. Müller, Choupo-Moting - Allagui (53. Ujah).
BVB: Weidenfeller - Piszczek (42. Löwe), Subotic (31. Santana), Hummels, Großkreutz - Kehl, Leitner - Götze, Kagawa, Perisic - Lewandowski.
Referee: Welz. Attendance: approx. 30.000.
Goal: 0-1 Perisic (33., Götze).

post #4 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:17
Forum Manager
International

Currently, Borussia Dortmund only have one player on international duty, at the moment. He is the Paraguayan international Lucas Barrios. This is good for Dortmund because it means they aren't missing to many key players for the cup final tomorrow.

- Firdaus
post #5 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:24 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Two of the three results and highlights of our pre-season training camp in Switzerland.

St. Gallen 1:6 Borussia Dortmund

Polonia Warzawa 2:1 Borussia Dortmund

Can't find footage of the match with Zurich, sadly.
post #6 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:25
Forum Manager
International

I know it is a few days late but never had a chance to post it with no Dortmund thread around before.

Dortmund deny interest in Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ndtner?cc=5901

- Firdaus
post #7 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:30 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Dortmund chairman Hans-Joachim Watzke said it is because Dortmund don't want to give their fans the wrong signal by realizing big transfers after they almost went to bankruptcy a few years ago. Good decision in my opinion. We already have Barrios, Zidan, Le Tallec, Lewandowski, and Perisic, as well as some talented youngsters coming up like Ginczek and Ducksh. We simply don't need Bendtner.

Rumours about Felipe Melo of Juventus were also denied today, so I think the Dortmund squad will not be added onto any further this summer.
post #8 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:30
Forum Manager
International

In the 2011/12 Bundesliga season, Borussia Dortmund will face Hamburg SV at home for their first game. They then go on the road to face off against Hoffenheim. A couple of challenges to start of a season. For their complete season schedule, click on the link below.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/fi...rtmund?cc=5901

- Firdaus
post #9 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:33 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Dortmund - Hamburg
Hoffenheim - Dortmund
Dortmund - Nurnberg
Leverkusen - Dortmund
Dortmund - Hertha Berlin

I like our schedule for the first five matches, four of which will come next month. I think we could manage some good results but it won't be easy. Nurnberg and Hertha have got a few solid additions, while Hoffenheim are working hard in the buildup to the new season with some intense training from what I heard. Leverkusen lost their coach and are about to lose Vidal as well, so there is a good chance of beating them again. I'm hoping for 13 points from this start because it is an ideal chance to get on the right foot in the Bundesliga title defence.
post #10 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:34
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesQueUnClub View Post
Dortmund chairman Hans-Joachim Watzke said it is because Dortmund don't want to give their fans the wrong signal by realizing big transfers after they almost went to bankruptcy a few years ago. Good decision in my opinion. We already have Barrios, Zidan, Le Tallec, Lewandowski, and Perisic, as well as some talented youngsters coming up like Ginczek and Ducksh. We simply don't need Bendtner.

Rumours about Felipe Melo of Juventus were also denied today, so I think the Dortmund squad will not be added onto any further this summer.
I agree about Bendter. No need for a player like him, at the moment. We are good enough as it is and we don't need to change anyhting. As they always say, "You don't need to fix what's not broken".

- Firdaus

Last edited by SacHercegovac; March 3rd, 2012 at 19:22.
post #11 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:39
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesQueUnClub View Post
Dortmund - Hamburg
Hoffenheim - Dortmund
Dortmund - Nurnberg
Leverkusen - Dortmund
Dortmund - Hertha Berlin

I like our schedule for the first five matches, four of which will come next month. I think we could manage some good results but it won't be easy. Nurnberg and Hertha have got a few solid additions, while Hoffenheim are working hard in the buildup to the new season with some intense training from what I heard. Leverkusen lost their coach and are about to lose Vidal as well, so there is a good chance of beating them again. I'm hoping for 13 points from this start because it is an ideal chance to get on the right foot in the Bundesliga title defence.
It will be tough as there is a target on our backs, being the champions of the league. Teams will train harder for us, prepare harder, pay more attention to our play and so on. It never will be easy, but we have talent to use on the pitch that will surely help the title defense. With that being said, my thoughts on our first few matches are that we must prepare hard for them. We can't take any of those opponents lightly or they could strike while we aren't ready. But I'm optomistic for our hopes ona championship run this year.

- Firdaus
post #12 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:42 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Fully agree.

Sac, do you have a Facebook, Gmail, or something? I want to talk to you about some plans for this thread and how to get it more active.
post #13 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:44
Forum Manager
International

Don't have either. Maybe you could post it on here?

- Firdaus
post #14 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:47 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Which do you mean by post it on here? I'd just like to get a few more Dortmund members in here to help out.
post #15 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:48
Forum Manager
International

I meant post what you'd like to talk to me about on here, Xtratime. I guess you mean for me to tell people about the forum and help out?

- Firdaus
post #16 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:50 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Yeah, any people you know who support Dortmund and would be willing to join XT and help us out with discussion?
post #17 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:53
Forum Manager
International

I'm not sure if they support Dortmund, but I'll ask them and see. Hopefully they do. :hopeful: How about you? The other forum, maybe?

- Firdaus
post #18 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 01:57 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

I was impressed with the performances of the new guys today, Lowe, Perisic, and Leitner. I wasn't too fond of Chris Lowe being a first-team signing since he came from a third (?) division German team but he performed very well today and almost scored. Perisic doing just what he was signed for; helping the midfield and scoring goals. Leitner also seems like a talented central midfielder but isn't quite ready to get too involved in first team matters.
post #19 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 02:06
Forum Manager
International

I second that. Perisic was a great signing for us. He'll be at the least a very good contributor for Borussia Dortmund in the future. As for, Lietner and Lowe, they also did well. Which of the three do you believe has the brighest future here on this team? I personally beleive it is Perisic.

- Firdaus
post #20 of 970 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 02:25 Thread Starter
BANNED!
International

Hard to tell on that one.

Perisic is the more proven and the oldest of the three, he was top scorer of the Belgian Jupiler League last season with 22 goals and also won Belgian Player of the Year, and he is only 22 years old. He's also a full Croatian international now.

Leitner is only 18 and he showed some real talent last season both at 1860 Munich, his former club, and on loan at Augsburg, who are now promoted. I think he can go as far as becoming the next Nuri Sahin for the club, but all this will come with playing time as he matures each year. Good start from him, I have high hopes for him. He's also part of the Germany U19 national team where he has 7 goals in 8 games.

I don't know much about Lowe, but he's a talented fullback and had a very solid display today. I don't expect too much from him this season seeing as he made the jump from the fourth division to the Bundesliga champions so he will just fulfill a backup role. Is a good backup for Schmelzer whenever he is injured, suspended, or in need of a rest. He's the same age as Perisic as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in