The Borussia Dortmund Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 151 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2008, 11:11 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: ac milan, nk istra
The Borussia Dortmund Thread

Ballspiel-Verein Borussia 1909 e. V. Dortmund

Honours

Borussia Dortmund display a gold star on their jerseys identifying them as having won at least three national titles in the Bundesliga. The club currently has six such titles to its credit, as well as German Cup wins and international honours.

* German Champions: 1956, 1957, 1963 (the 1956 and 1957 titles marked the only time a team had won consecutive titles with the same squad)
* German Champions (Bundesliga): 1995, 1996, 2002
* DFB Pokal (German Cup): 1965, 1989
* UEFA Champions League: 1997
* UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 1966 (this makes BVB the first German team to win a European title)
* Intercontinental Cup: 1997

Records

Borussia Dortmund's name is attached to a number of Bundesliga records:

* Dortmund was on the receiving end of the worst loss ever in a Bundesliga match when they lost 12-0 away to Borussia Mönchengladbach on April 29, 1978.

* The club was involved in four of the five Bundesliga matches in which a record 12 goals were scored. They earned an even split at two wins and two losses in those matches.

* On September 1, 1993, BVB and Dynamo Dresden earned a total of 5 red cards between them. BVB and Bayern Munich were carded a record 15 times in a game played April 7, 2001.
* The most penalty shots in a match is 5 in a game played between Borussia Mönchengladbach and Dortmund on November 9, 1965.

* The first goal ever scored in Bundesliga play was by Dortmund's Timo Konietzka against Werder Bremen. Werder Bremen won 3-2.

Stadium:

Signal Iduna Park is the name the Westfalenstadion carries from December 2005 until June 2011. It is a football stadium in the German city of Dortmund (7th biggest German city). It is the home ground of the BV Borussia Dortmund football team and hosted several matches of the 2006 FIFA World Cup, including a semi-final. It has a league capacity of 80,708 (standing and seated), and an international capacity of 67,000 (seated only). The stadium was named after the former Prussian province of Westphalia, which is now part of the German state North Rhine-Westphalia. It is Germany's biggest stadium and established the European record in fan attendance in 2004/2005 with a total of almost 1.4 million fans. Famous for the intense atmosphere it breeds, the stadium has been nicknamed "The Opera House of German Football." Stadion Rote Erde is adjacent in the shadow of the ernourmous ground, home of Borussia's reserve side.

Last edited by Linderoth; January 24th, 2008 at 21:18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 151 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2008, 11:32 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Current Squad

Goalkeepers:
1. Roman Weidenfeller
20. Marc Ziegler

Defenders:
2. Martin Amedick
3. Markus Brzenska
4. Christian Wörns
14. Antonio Rukavina
15. Mats Hummels
17. Dedé
21. Robert Kovač
23. Philipp Gegen
33. David Vržogić

Midfielders:
5. Sebastian Kehl
6. Florian Kringe
7. Tinga
8. Giovanni Federico
16. Jakub Błaszczykowski
18. Lars Ricken
22. Marc-André Kruska
24. Daniel Gordon
25. Mehmet Akgün
29. Mihail Aleksandrov
32. Franck Patrick Njambe

Strikers:
9. Nelson Haedo Valdez
10. Mladen Petrić
13. Alexander Frei
19. Diego Klimowicz
26. Delron Buckley
31. Christopher Nöthe
39. Sahr Senesie

Quote:
Out on loan
10. MF Steven Pieenar (on loan to Everton)
25. MF Nuri Şahin (on loan to Feyenoord Rotterdam)

post #3 of 151 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2008, 16:05
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Dortmund, Leverkusen
I'll be following Dortmund moreso than usual.

You are buying Hajnal Tamás from Karlsruhe, the World Class Hungarian.

He's going to be the guy assisting most of your goals for the Strikers. He takes Corners very well, and his Free Kicks are accurate and swift.

Could you tell me when Frei is going to be fit again? I am very sad to see when I read up on every Dortmund game this season, he is still injured.

post #4 of 151 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2008, 20:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Borussia Dortmund Acquires Tamas Hajnal

[23.01.] The 20-time Hungarian international midfielder Tamas Hajnal will transfer from Karlsruher SC (KSC) to Borussia Dortmund after this season. The 26 year-old offensive midfielder will sign a four-year contract with BVB valid through 30 June 2012.

Hajnal is among the current Bundesliga top overall scorers. In the first half of the current season he has scored five goals and assisted on six others.

Tamas Hajnal is transferring from Karlsruher SC to Borussia Dortmund.
post #5 of 151 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2008, 20:23 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Alex Frei: "I Will Be Back Soon"

[9.01.] On the way to a successful comeback after eight months of injuries, Alex Frei has cleared the next hurdle. The Swiss national team captian partially returned to team training after recovering from hip surgery and calf injuries and surgery. Frei talks about himself and his future goals.

Back on the training pitch: Alexander Frei (Background: Sebastian Kehl)

Alexander Frei...
...on his comeback on the training pitch:
"It will be a great feeling to be back on the team and actually play in the German Cup or the Bundesliga. But I already feel huge relief now that I can lace my boots and go back on the training pitch with the others. It is a relief to be able to kick the ball around and do some running, to be part of the team again."

...on his rehab program in Switzerland:
"Throughout the three weeks in Magglingen, I was in touch with many other athletes. It was good to see what kind of an effort they have put up to get good results. Also, I had to start at zero and really had to learn to walk again."

...on his personal fitness level:
"I am at about 80% and can do a lot of things with the team, but not everything yet. The last few percent I will pick up at the training camp."

...on his "comeback agenda:
"One or two weeks doesn´t matter anymore after being out for so long. I have talked to the coach and he said to take as much time as I need. No one will make the mistake to give a certain date for my comeback. But I will be back soon. Maybe against Bremen, maybe in Duisburg, maybe against Schalke."

"It is an athlete's goal to win titles. Later in life, your business card will not say how much money you made but which titles you won."

...on the team´s performance so far this season:
"When you are injured, you cannot really look inside the team enough and you experience the wins and the losses from the stands. However, Borussia Dortmudn´s expectation simply cannot be ninth or tenth place. I am convinced BVB has the quality to be much higher in the standings. During winter training camp everyone has to get themselves up to full speed and realize that they play for a big club. If everyone gives 100%, Dortmund will be back with the others at the top."

...on his role as a team leader:
"I know that the team needs me, not only as a player, but also for my character. It felt good to know the club missed me in the bad times. However, we do not need just chiefs. We also need workers in the background. You don´t become a leader just by talking, but also by giving good performances. I want to contribute to a successful second half of the season for Borussia Dortmund. I am convinced that at the end of the season we will be in a position that everyone will see as a successful season."

...on his goals with BVB:
"It is an athlete´s goal to win titles. Later in life, your business card will not say how much money you made but which titles you won."

Interview by Boris Rupert - translated by Chris Schuepp

On the way to his comeback: Alex Frei
post #6 of 151 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2008, 22:04 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Rukavina completes Dortmund transfer

BV Borussia Dortmund have signed Serbia right-back Antonio Rukavina from FK Partizan in a deal worth around €2.5m, and are "cautiously optimistic" that Arsenal FC's German goalkeeper Jens Lehmann will follow suit.

League leaders
The 23-year-old joined Partizan from FK Bežanija in 2006 and soon established himself in Belgrade. Indeed, he started all 17 of their matches before the winter break, helping Partizan establish a six-point lead at the Superliga summit. Rukavina, who has signed a contract until 2012, is joined at the club by Mats Hummels on loan from FC Bayern München. The 19-year-old defender, who has been restricted to ten appearances for Bayern's reserve team this season due to a right ankle injury, will link up with the Ruhr club until 30 June 2009.

Mats Julian Hummels

He is loaned out from FC Bayern Munich to Borussia Dortmund and stays there until 30 June 2009.
post #7 of 151 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2008, 14:22
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

Could you tell me what positions in Midfield your current players play? LMF, RMF, DMF, OMF?
post #8 of 151 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2008, 15:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Antonio is a great player, he's already recieved a lot of praise from Thomas Doll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #9 of 151 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2008, 21:00 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Nuri Sahin And Steven Pienaar: Loaned Out BVB Players Successful Abroad

[25.01.] While the Borussia Dortmund players are slowly nearing their opening match of the Bundesliga´s second round of the season and are battling for the eleven places in the starting lineup, two Borussia players are in the lineups of two other clubs far from Signal Iduna Park. We are referring to Nuri Sahin and Steven Pienaar. Both were loaned out by BVB.

Steven Pienaar celebrates one of his two goals this season.

Sahin moved to The Netherlands, joining Feyenoord Rotterdam and ex-BVB coach Bert van Marwijk, while Pienaar joined English Premier League club Everton FC. Pienaar has eighteen appearances for the current fourth-placed team and surprise team of the season. The South African has been substituted out of matches three times and substituted into matches five times this season. To this point, he has two goals this season. The 25 year-old scored his first goal of the season during a 2-0 victory over Middlesbrough. He booked his second goal on the fourteenth match day in a 7-1 thrashing of Sunderland. Be reminded, during his time at BVB, Pienaar did not score a single Bundesliga goal. Currently, Pienaar is playing for his homeland at the African Nations´ Cup tournament.

Nuri Sahin is a firm selection at Feyenoord Rotterdam.

As good as it is going for Steven Pienaar, it is going even better for Nuri Sahin. The 19 year-old Turk, who wears number seventeen for Rotterdam, married his fiancée Tugba and after a strong pre-season, had a good season start. He played himself into the first team and established a great harmonious relationship with another former Bundesliga player, former Bayern Munich standout Roy Makaay. Makaay profited from Sahin´s fine passing and Sahin scored himself three times in nineteen league matches. Sahin also has five assists, putting Sahin among the top fifteen assist men in the Dutch Ehrendivision (first division) and making him a pivotal member of the the league´s third-placed team.

While it seems Steven Pienaar and Everton FC are headed for international qualification, for Sahin and Feyenoord Rotterdam, a championship is still possible!
post #10 of 151 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2008, 21:02 Thread Starter
Rising Star

BVB And Thomas Doll Agree On Contract Extension Until 2010

[25.01.] Borussia Dortmund and Head Coach Thomas Doll have agreed to a two-year contract extension. Doll´s contract, due to expire at the end of the current season, was extended two years and is now valid through 30 June 2010. The 41 year-old has been employed by BVB since March 2007.

Hans-Joachim Watzke and Thomas Doll (right)

Hans-Joachim Watzke said, "In intensive conversations with head coach Thomas Doll and Sport Director Michael Zorc, we have developed a viable draft for the sporting future of Borussia Dortmund. I am pleased we will continue our collaboration with Thomas Doll, who has our confidence."

The BVB Head Coach emphasized, "I am happy about the contract extension, for I work with enthusiasm and much vigor for Borussia Dortmund. We want to accomplish a few things here together. This club and its magnificent fans deserve this.

Over the next few days, Borussia Dortmund will hold contract extension talks with Doll´s assistant coaches.
post #11 of 151 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2008, 21:30
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

post #12 of 151 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2008, 19:48 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Borussia Dortmund Acquires Alexander Bade

[26.01.] Borussia Dortmund has acquired goalkeeper Alexander Bade from SC Paderborn. Bade is signed through the rest of the season as the injury to Roman Weidenfeller made it necessary for Dortmund to take another goalkeeper under contract.

Alexander Bade, who is 37 years old, passed a medical with BVB team physician Dr. Markus Braun and will be on the roster as backup keeper behind Marc Ziegler for the first time in Tuesday´s German Cup match against Werder Bremen.

The 1.96m (about six feet, four inches) tall Alexander Bade had played in 46 Bundesliga matches in his career to this point. Among the clubs he has played these matches for are 1. FC Köln (Cologne) and Hamburg SV (HSV). Bade has also played in 129 second Bundesliga matches.

Alexander Bade has transferred from SC Paderborn to Borussia Dortmund
post #13 of 151 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2008, 19:56 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Photos From Frei´s Comeback In Speldorf

[27.01.] BVB II played this Sunday afternoon at Oberliga (4th division) club VfB Speldorf. (between Mülheim and Duisburg). Alex Frei enjoyed his comeback in this test match.

post #14 of 151 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2008, 19:57 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Doll Looking Forward To Werder Bremen: "We Are Ready For This Big Match!"

[27.01.] Together with nearly 70,000 fans, the outlook for passage into the German Cup quarter-finals makes patients heal more quickly as witnessed by Mladen Petric taking the training field just six days after suffering a hyper-extended hip. Also on Sunday, Alex Frei will undergo a hard fitness test with an eye on possibly making the roster for Tuesday against Werder Bremen.

"I could imagine having him on the bench", Thomas Doll said of Frei. The move would be in order to send a sign to Frei and the team. Doll added that a gesture such as this "could give Alex a push after such a bad period." On the other hand, if he sends Frei out to warm up on Tuesday, the fans would be euphoric. If the match should be tied after 119 minutes, he would substitute Frei in to ensure the team would have another marksman in the subsequent penalty shootout.

While top scorer Alexander Frei, who was last in the BVB lineup in May 2007 for the 2-0 home victory over Schalke 04 has been out eight months due to hip and calf operations should take on the role goal-scoring substitute, Doll is hoping Mladen Petric is available to start the match. This season´s top scorer with eight Bundesliga goals and two in the German Cup, suffered a hyper-extended hip in the 2-0 test match victory over Genk this past Tuesday. On Sunday, Petric practiced for the first time since suffering the injury. Doll said, "he´s still affected a bit. We will see how he reacts to the practice session." The risk has to remain a calculated one. "His health comes first. I would never send a player out on the field who could be risking three to four weeks out of the lineup."

Mladen Petric scored two goals in the 3-0 Bundesliga victory over Bremen. His chances of facing Bremen on Tuesday are up.

So it is possible that only "Kuba" (torn thigh muscle), Weidenfeller (rehabilitation after shoulder surgery) and Degen (fitness training after adductor and ankle ligament surgeries) will be listed as unavailable to BVB. However, Werder Bremen has a bit of an injury list after their 2-2 draw in their final test match in Split, Croatia with Hajduk Split. Borowski (stomach virus), Diego (groin problems) and Hunt (ankle problem) should be fit by Tuesday. Coach Thomas Schaaf should only have to be without Frings (torn ACL), Sanogo (African Nations Cup) and Fritz (groin surgery).

BVB hopes the voice of the public helps to tip the scales. "It is an important match for Bremen. But for us, it is even more important", said Sport Director Michael Zorc. "I think the fans also know the meaning of this match." A victory would be an important step toward participation in international competition. Two more rounds would stand between Borussia and the final in Berlin.

Closely guarding the man: Wörns and Tinga against Sanogo, who will not be in Tuesday’s match.

"We are ready for this big match", Thomas Doll announced and added, "We have a huge chance to prove ourselves even to ourselves." After an overall disappointing first half of the season, he wants to see another side of his team in 2008. "You should defend yourself when pushed backwards." And basically increase your own force. Meanwhile, he puts his trust in the leadership of returnees Kehl and Frei (returning soon).

By the way, both players were not in the September 2007 match when BVB took apart Bremen in an unforgettable fifteen minutes just before halftime, shooting to a 3-0 lead. Doll does not allow any comparisons. "That was months ago. After that, Werder went on an impressive streak and they are not even on points with Bayern Munich for nothing." Nonetheless, the coach, who has been immersed in videotape analysis and training business the past few days, does gladly remember this great moment back in September. "We saw what is possible when the defense and offense are in synch."
post #15 of 151 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2008, 20:00 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Projected Line-Ups

[27.01.] German Cup, Round of 16
BORUSSIA DORTMUND - WERDER BREMEN
Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 8:30 Uhr PM CET (Signal Iduna Park)

Borussia Dortmund: Ziegler - Rukavina, Amedick, Kovac, Dede -
Kehl - Kringe, Tinga - Federico - Valdez, Petric (Klimowicz)

Substitutes: Bade - Wörns, Brzenska, Hummels, Kruska, Buckley, Klimowicz, Frei
Doubtful: Petric (hyper-extended hip muscle), Frei (not fully fit)
Not available: Kuba (torn thigh muscle), Weidenfeller (rehabilitation after shoulder operation), Degen (build up training after ankle and adductor surgery)

Werder Bremen: Wiese - Pasanen, Mertesacker, Naldo, Tosic - Baumann - Borowski (Vranjes), Jensen - Diego - Almeida, Rosenberg
Substitutes: Vander - Owomoyela, Womé, Boenisch, Niemeyer, Vranjes, Klasnic, Harnik, Hunt
Doubtful: Borowski (stomach flu), Diego (groin problems), Hunt (ankle)
Not available: Frings (torn knee ligament), Sanogo (African Nations Cup), Fritz (groin surgery)

Referee: Herbert Fandel (Kyllburg/Rheinland)
Assistants: Jan-Hendrik Salver, Mike Pickel
Fourth Official: Guido Winkmann

Spectators: 66,000 spectators are expected. The ticket outlets around the stadium open at 5 PM CET.
post #16 of 151 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2008, 01:35
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

Since you didn't answer me prior, I'll ask again. By your lineups, it looks like :

LMF Tinga
RMF Kringe
DMF Kehl
AMF Federico

Now, first question is, who else do you have who plays at AMF position, besides Federico? Hajnal would play around there, he is a playmaker for the Strikers, and the Set piece man.

2nd question is, why is Hajnal not in the squad? He played in a friendly a few days ago, still for Karlsruhe. When is the deal finished, when is he officially joining Dortmund?
post #17 of 151 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2008, 10:33
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
How come you are so interested in Dortmund, Linderoth? Any connections to the city?

Andy, you've got to wait until the summer.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #18 of 151 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2008, 14:01
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiollama
Andy, you've got to wait until the summer.
Summer? Wasn't Hajnal a Winter signing?

.....Ohhhhh, now I see the article. He'll be joining them in the summer.

Earlier reports I read were that he would move to Dortmund immediately.

Okay, cool, better for Karlsruhe, they can keep the roll they are on.
post #19 of 151 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2008, 14:02
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

There's going to be some sort of Stream for the Bremen game today, I hope I can tape it while I am working.
post #20 of 151 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2008, 15:53
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK ANDY

Okay, cool, better for Karlsruhe, they can keep the roll they are on.
at least not next weekend.. but then Karlsruhe can do whatever they want.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in