Borussia Dortmund vs. Lokomotiv - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2003, 12:34 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Ajax, Dutch NT, Juventus, Deportivo, Schalke 04
Borussia Dortmund vs. Lokomotiv

2-0

koller 2x

which eleven players will begin for borussia against lokomotiv after the club lost last weekend witd 1-0 against borussie monchengladbach?

Één keer trek je de conclusie
feyenoord is een illusie
feyenoord is een droom,
een pakketje schroot met een dun laagje chroom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2003, 20:39
International

Teams: Maccabi Haifa, FC Liverpool
My prediction is a 1-0. Goal by Ewerthon. It's very difficult to say how Borussia is playing. Some day they have good days (e.g against Real) or sometimes their games are really bad (like Mönchengladbach or the Rostock game)

It should be a very difficult game for Dortmund coz Lokomotiv has nothing to lose

ירוק תמיד בלב ורק אחת קבוצה אוהב, והיא עושה לי ריגושים אני אתן לה את החיים.

בליבי עד המוות מכבי כל יום מודה לאל תמיד שבחיפה אין הפועל

100% ANTI MACCABI TEL AVIV
100% ANTI BEITAR "SEVEL" JERUSALEM
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2003, 04:17
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Lokomotiv Moscow: FT Report

PA

Dortmund were on top from the early stages of the match, but it took them half an hour to register their first decent effort on goal.

There looked to be little danger when the ball arrived at the feet of Sebastian Kehl, but he hammered in a thumping 25-yard volley which Sergei Ovchinnikov did well to touch onto the inside of the post.

The ball ran agonisingly for Kehl along the goal-line, but did not cross.

The breakthrough came in the 39th minute when Frings fired in a wicked shot from a similar distance to Kehl's effort and the ball nestled in the left corner.

It was tough on the goalkeeper who looked to be unsighted as the ball arrowed through a crowd of players.

Koller had a chance to double the lead before half-time, but he lost control as he bore down on goal after a pass from Amoroso, while Evanilson followed the example set by Kehl and Frings with a 25-yard blast which went a foot wide.

The real concern at half-time was that Dortmund had failed to take advantage of their chances, but Koller's goal in the 58th minute calmed the nerves.

He had come close with a header three minutes earlier which shaved the bar and went over.

But the giant Czech made no mistake when an Amoroso cross was laid square into his path by Ewerthon, sliding the ball home from inside the six-yard box.

The Westfalenstadion was buzzing and the Dortmund fans' fevered enjoyment of the match went up a notch when Amoroso got the goal of the night in the 66th minute.

The Brazilian turned sharply and lashed a fierce shot into the top left corner of the net from 20 yards to kill off any lingering hopes Lokomotiv might have had of a comeback.

Christian Worns should have made it 4-0 in the 78th minute, but he shot against the legs of Ovchinnikov from four yards when it looked easier to score, and the ball trickled wide.

Dortmund must win next week to stand a chance of advancing to the last eight, because a draw for the Germans and a Madrid defeat would see the Spaniards progress.

Madrid beat Dortmund 2-1 at home and drew 1-1 in Germany, and they would go through by virtue of those results if the teams were to finish level on points.

A fired-up Dortmund will certainly have a chance against Milan, who have only pride to play for in the San Siro next week.

On the evidence of this match, though, Lokomotiv will be lambs to the slaughter in Moscow next Tuesday.

soccernet

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in