3Likes
  • 3 Post By Inácio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2016, 21:54 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Renato Sanches, the second coming of Edgar Davids

this kid was bought by Bayern from Benfica in a deal which might eventually be worth €80M (€35M up front).

Saw him coming on vs Estonia tonight, very versatile and talented player who looks quite mature for an 18yo. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the real deal, the next great central midfielder. Not sure if Bayern is the best environment for him though, not easy to get playing time there.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2016, 22:07
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Benfica; Portugal
In fairness, this isn't the ideal barometer to make any judgements - I'd have impressed today, and I'm 47.

But judging him by a better and more complete body of work (considering he's 18), he's consistently shined through out the year showing those same traits - exceptional balance, able to muscle or finesse out of tight spots. Exceptional acceleration, and a mature understanding of the game as a whole.

There's no doubt whatsoever in the minds of those of us who saw him mature that he is the real deal.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

http://members.cox.net/fantasychamp/power.jpg
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2016, 22:09 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

any chance he'll be a starter in the Euro?

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2016, 22:10
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

No. Fernando Santos won't bench Moutinho. But I would have.

Freedom is the great liberator of the mind – it threatens only the comfort of the sequacious intellect.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2016, 22:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
So he's an absolute **** in the dressing room then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2016, 23:07
Community Analyst
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

That depends on the four-letter explicit.

"ai am person tu!!!!"

Fight the Power!!!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2016, 10:03 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

...and a month later he's a regular starter for the national side and playing in the EURO final. Not bad for an 18yo kid.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2016, 10:11 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

apparently some people in Portugal and elsewhere are claiming he's actually over 20 though...his birth was registered years after the event (5 years according to the story of his parents, but some think it was more...for example Guy Roux "assured" a journalist that his true age is 23-24 lol).

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2016, 11:05
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
yes, in portugal the president of a rival club that spent the season trying to win the title ( and failed yet again, 14 years and counting, if im not mistaken) started that rumour as sson as we started to lead in the league, and now the former french NT coach is doing the same....as soon as he saw there was a chance we might meet in the final....

some people like to play dirty, but renato gave his reply on the pitch in the league, and he's giving it on the pitch in then euro aswell ( he is giving a reply in the courts aswell)

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2016, 11:37
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
He looks an absolute beast to me, Man Utd really messed up by not pushing harder to sign him when it looked like they were favourites.

I don't buy the age thing at all. Why would a player that talented stay hidden until now and what benefit would he have to playing youth football and earning youth money until he was 18?

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2016, 11:57 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

well, he obviously would get a better contract looking like beast at age 18 compared to age 23 (because it is perceived he has more room for potential).

I guess there's a small chance he's a year or two older than claimed, if his parents wanted to extend the child support years...clearly his family background is strange, registering your son's birth 5 years after the actual event is pretty fishy.

but he's been with Benfica from a very young age so their fans should know how old he looked when 10yo...any pictures from this age?

IMO he looks like a 18yo kid...big and well-developed, but you can sense he's very young.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2016, 12:23
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
just looking at him, his reactions, his smile...u can see he's a big child...and he was born here, raised here and in benfica's school since a kid, not in some lost forest....its so sad that people keep coming up with this kind of questions about black players

he's from a very poor and troubled neighborhood in lisbon, so its the kind of guy u want to set as example to those kids, instead of having them engaging in criminal activities

this is a pic of renato at benfica

and in the same newspaper today, there's a print of the hospital registration, where he was born, on the 18th august 1997, at 15.25h, weighting only 2.560kgs

http://www.dn.pt/desporto/interior/r...s-5272345.html
Pila, Reza and jamesbh11 like this.

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2016, 12:36
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
well, he obviously would get a better contract looking like beast at age 18 compared to age 23 (because it is perceived he has more room for potential).

I guess there's a small chance he's a year or two older than claimed, if his parents wanted to extend the child support years...clearly his family background is strange, registering your son's birth 5 years after the actual event is pretty fishy.

but he's been with Benfica from a very young age so their fans should know how old he looked when 10yo...any pictures from this age?

IMO he looks like a 18yo kid...big and well-developed, but you can sense he's very young.
Yeah, he doesn't have an old looking face like that Lazio player. He looks like I would expect an 18 year old athlete to look.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in