1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2012, 23:34 Thread Starter
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Paul Pogba

Well, he doesn't have a thread here so I thought he should.

This kid is seriously gonna be as good as he wants to - he has the potential to be THE best midfielder in the world, and I mean it.

All depends on what's going on upstairs, but this kid is ridiculously talented and skilled technically and physically.

Making his strides with Juve and is slowly but surely gonna force himself on the starting 11. They might just made the steal of the decade as far as their transfer market goes.
Fergie must be pissed - I know i'd be if I were him. This kid is good enough to start for United today, and they should have never let him go even if he wanted a little more money.

Carry on.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2012, 00:03
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Welcome to 2009. This guy is a hundred times better than that cleverley guy you jizz over.

And no, Fergie shouldn't have just paid him whatever he wanted. The day we let Mino Raiola dictate our wage structure is the day our club dies. Was pretty obvious he was gone as soon that slimeball got involved. Osman always thought I used to exaggerate about his quality. At least he had the good grace to reject Vieira and City's advances.

Wait till you see Nick Powell though, he's as good as ten cleverleys and ten pogbas put together. Talking jack Wilshere level.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2012, 00:11 Thread Starter
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Cleverly

I've seen Powell quite alot, in the U-17s, looked Lampard-esque - He's not better then Pogba though, you're nuts. Under Fergie the learning curve is different though, and his shooting is remarkable - but on the down side he's English. It's all mentally though, and that's things you can't judge or estimate regarding players.

Cleverly.

(And yes, you should have paid Pogba what he wanted, or gave him more chances in the first team seeing your midfield sucks as is. Being cheap on those 500k-1mil you cost your club 20mil if not more in the long run)

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

Last edited by Stanko 05; November 1st, 2012 at 00:17.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2012, 00:27
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Cleverly

I've seen Powell quite alot, in the U-17s, looked Lampard-esque - He's not better then Pogba though, you're nuts. Under Fergie the learning curve is different though, and his shooting is remarkable - but on the down side he's English. It's all mentally though, and that's things you can't judge or estimate regarding players.

Cleverly.

(And yes, you should have paid Pogba what he wanted, or gave him more chances in the first team seeing your midfield sucks as is. Being cheap on those 500k-1mil you cost your club 20mil if not more in the long run)
Nah, ability wise he is better. I say that as someone who has seen pogba for years and now Nick powell for several months. Lampard is a lazy comparison due to his shooting ability. The kid has extraordinary technique and movement. He's English but so is Wilshere, rooney and Scholes and he deserves to be in that group.

And no, we shouldn't have bowed down to Raiola's demands. Don't you get why he even signs players to his company? To make money from their transfers. We could have offered him what Juve did and he still woulda rejected it due to it just being a contract renewal.

Raiola stood to make much more cash by taking his client to turin. Pogbas route to the first team was there, we gave him more minutes than Paul scholes got at the same age. But his future was already decided.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2012, 18:06 Thread Starter
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Don't agree, and the reason is Pogba is a force defensively.

He contributes on both sides, and can play pretty much on any position and role defensively\offensively which makes him a much more complete, talented and imo superior player.

Last edited by Stanko 05; November 1st, 2012 at 19:51.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2012, 18:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Mino just continues to get a lot of enemies in this business, I bet Ferguson is even more pissed off now. Pogba is a class player, incredibly talented but also a force defensively. He's got all tools to become a very complete player. To be honest, he's just been growing so much over the past two years that it makes you ask yourself where this'll end. It's exciting to see him play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2012, 21:25
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Arsenal
Wowzers! If he really is all that then I am glad he left United.

Red is a pleasant colour
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2012, 22:28
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
Fergie and the rest of the squad had penis envy. You can't blame anyone for letting him go. Good decision imo. He wasn't good for morale.

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:39
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
What did you expect from Raiola? He's an agent for himself. Has the skills to get serious talent to appoint him, and then bullies them into doing whatever he wants to earn his commission. You don't have to respect the lack of morality. But you need to respect the execution.

P.S. Nice to know that zoric and LL are on a first name's basis with him. No really, it's cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:28
Legend

Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
Wow at the intense Pogba love here, there, and everywhere after one good game. Talk about overhyping, but it's typical fan and media behavior. He's technically proficient, can score, has great passing ability, and uses his strength well. He, however, is far from the finished article now as he needs to work on mental aspects of the game: He's far too nonchalant in D and needs to improve his decision-making. The latter isn't surprising since he's just 19.

At this point/age, many have the potential to be the best midfielder in the world; that doesn't really mean anything. Neither does one game. And there haven't even been enough data to make that analysis, let alone come to that conclusion. We've to wait and see more. He didn't perform the same way against Catania.

He isn't good enough to start for United or any other big team. And no, he hasn't been a force defensively. He's very slow in transitions, and against Bologna, he won 9 duels and lost 7. That's hardly being a "force" against a relegation-battling midfield.

He's a good player who's a great potential. But he's far from the perfection he's been labeled as in the last 36 hrs. He's not good enough to start for Juventus unless Vidal or Marchisio suffers a drop in form. We also have Isla getting back in form and shape.

Last edited by mugnedved; November 2nd, 2012 at 07:41.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2012, 18:28
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Don't agree, and the reason is Pogba is a force defensively.

He contributes on both sides, and can play pretty much on any position and role defensively\offensively which makes him a much more complete, talented and imo superior player.
You're wrong brother. All will be clear by the end of the season.

BTW Moratti just said today that Inter backed off Pogba when Fergie told him not to negotiate with our youth players who had expiring contracts. Man Utd and Inter's relationship stronger than ever. Hope we send Nani down your way if he ends up leaving.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2012, 14:29
Rising Star

Our most talented player in the youth was Ravel Morrison and unfortunately he had a screw loose mentally. Goodluck to Pogba but in our academy we have a abundance of talent coming through that will erase the memory of Pogba very soon.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2012, 15:00
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
You do? Will be corious to see your exceptional bunch then, considering Pogba pretty much been amazing.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2012, 19:37
YBC
Legend

POGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2012, 19:57
Xtratime Legend

Dæhli, Pereira and Januzaj are the names to watch, especially the Norwegian fcuker who's gonna go far and is already in that Rossi/Pique/Pogba bracket of 'obvious stars' in our u18 academy.

Januzaj could be too but I fear he is another Petrucci with the constant injuries. He's of Albanian descent so once he becomes a hate figure in the XT wild wild west forum he will have made it.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2013, 00:53
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
If anyone missed it, Pogba pretty much surpassed all expectations and has had an utterly fantastic debute season

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2013, 21:15
Legend

Teams: Juve, Italy, USMNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Man View Post
Our most talented player in the youth was Ravel Morrison and unfortunately he had a screw loose mentally. Goodluck to Pogba but in our academy we have a abundance of talent coming through that will erase the memory of Pogba very soon.
whatever makes you feel better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
Dæhli, Pereira and Januzaj are the names to watch, especially the Norwegian fcuker who's gonna go far and is already in that Rossi/Pique/Pogba bracket of 'obvious stars' in our u18 academy.

Januzaj could be too but I fear he is another Petrucci with the constant injuries. He's of Albanian descent so once he becomes a hate figure in the XT wild wild west forum he will have made it.
rossi, pique and pogba aren't in the same bracket of each other
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2013, 22:34
Xtratime Legend

I'm saying in our u18 academy team, rossi, pique and pogba all stood out at the same level in terms of being obvious top class players. You only needed to watch them for a couple of minutes to realise they were gonna be making it to the highest level.

And yeah we have enough talent stolen from elsewhere to get over Poggy being a greedy bish. His loss anyway, he'll be pining for a return to the PL soon enough. Full stadiums where he won't get racially abused and provoked into spitting on peeps.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2013, 08:32
Rising Star

Adnan Januzaj is the player to watch out for next season. Saw him play against Spurs yesterday and he was sublime again.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2013, 08:22
Star Player

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in