The biggest Asian talent - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2011, 07:28 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
Overclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Teams: Italy NT
Posts: 8,869
The biggest Asian talent

Son Heung-Min (born 8 July 1992) is a South Korean footballer who plays for German Bundesliga side Hamburger SV

He was impressive in the 2010-11 preseason, by leading the team with 9 goals and signed his first professional contract on his 18th birthday.

After scoring against Chelsea F.C. in August, he was injured for two months due to a foot injury. He came back on October 30, 2010 scoring his first league goal on F.C. Köln in the 24th minute. The goal made Son the youngest HSV player to have scored a goal in Bundesliga at 18 years, thus breaking the previous 39-year record held by Manfred Kaltz.
He scored 3 goals in 7 matches of last season


In 2011-12 preseason he scored 14 goals/5 matches so far


watch out him!
Overclass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2011, 19:25
Forum Manager
International
 
SacHercegovac's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2011
Teams: Bosna i Hercegovina, FK Velez, Juve
Posts: 7,189
Seems like star to look out for in the future. But, we have to wait and see how he'll do in a full regular season because in preseasons, teams don't try as hgard as in regular season games. It looks like South Korea has a keeper on their hands.

"Sac is the Great White Bosnian Hope, so go easy on him."

- Firdaus
SacHercegovac is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2011, 19:52
Xtratime Legend
 
Firdaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 1999
Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Posts: 42,651
Hey Overclass, is he better than Hong Myung-Bo?

Eat that blast from the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
Firdaus is offline  
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 00:27
BANNED!
International
 
Join Date: 05 2011
Posts: 5,801
This is the guy that's dubbed the "Korean Muller". He's the youngest ever player in Hamburg history to score a Bundesliga goal when he scored against Koln last October. Definetly another talented Asian youngster in Europe but he still has alot to prove. Maybe he'll get alot more playing time this season with Trochowski gone to Sevilla and Elia potentially leaving as well.
Més Que Un Club is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2011, 04:47 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
Overclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Teams: Italy NT
Posts: 8,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
Hey Overclass, is he better than Hong Myung-Bo?

Eat that blast from the past!
Hong Myung-Bo is defenderp

Anyway he is best asian defender in historyp
Overclass is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2011, 10:44
Premier Player
 
Olele Olala's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2010
Posts: 1,377
How about Yoshiaki Takagi who plays at FC Utrecht?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshiaki_Takagi
Olele Olala is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2011, 13:59
Rookie
 
theken's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2010
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olele Olala View Post
How about Yoshiaki Takagi who plays at FC Utrecht?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshiaki_Takagi
He was a benchwarmer at his former J-League 2nd div club.

My top 5 under-20 prospects from AFC (random order)

Ji Dong Won (South Korea/20/F) - Sunderland
Son Heung-Min (South Korea/19/F) - Hamburg
Takashi Usami (Japan/19/M) - Bayern Munchen
Ryo Miyaichi (Japan/18/F) - Arsenal
Mustafa Amini (Australia/18/M) - Dortmund
theken is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2011, 20:09
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
Well the "Korean Muller" has scored two goals against Bayern atm in a shortened version friendly match.

Neuer was shocking btw in conceding the first HSV goal.

Perfectly timed run for the second goal but was a bit too easy to get through the Bayern defence to set him up.
Maturin is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2011, 20:59
BANNED!
International
 
Join Date: 05 2011
Posts: 5,801
I thought that was a German League Cup semifinal?
Més Que Un Club is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2011, 21:30
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
Yeah that what it is called but in essence it is a friendly. The game is not even 90 mins, it is 60 mins.

Badstuber was well out of order. Terrible challenge on Son in this type of match or any game for that matter. Neuer looked really nervous, made one really poor mistake for the goal and made other less serious ones.
Maturin is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 03:36 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
Overclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Teams: Italy NT
Posts: 8,869
17 goals in 7 matches so far
Overclass is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 09:24
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
He looks very much a pure natural goalscorer as his recent record suggest.

Very good, sharp and instinctive in the opposition penalty area. Comes alive in that zone.
Maturin is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 10:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: 58°32′N 15°03′O
Posts: 44,297
The two goals he scored yesterday weren't spectacular..first one is clearly Neuer's fault and second is simply a tap-in..but, I'd like to give Son credit for recognizing the run in, he did understand a low cross would be played in from the right-wing and used his pace to get into the key space. This is just a pre-season game though and it's clear to me that Bayern's defence didn't quite take things 100%, not even on the second goal they conceded which is why we should simply wait until the Bundesliga-season gets away.

I'll say this though; Gökhan Töre should do well if he continues to play like he did yesterday, the stand out in HSV for me, personally. He's always looked pretty special, all the way from the U17's when playing with players who were a year older to now. First real season on senior level, I think we might see something positive coming from HSV with Oenning coaching them, Dirkmeier is already one of the positives thus far. They should just be incredibly happy that Veh is long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!


Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
zoric is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 10:59
Legend
 
Maturin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Posts: 19,999
Yeah pre-season should be taken for what it is.

I mean even Mancienne didn't look a pussy in the match

Son shows the promise though no doubt.
Maturin is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 12:28
Premier Player
 
Olele Olala's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2010
Posts: 1,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by theken View Post
He was a benchwarmer at his former J-League 2nd div club.

My top 5 under-20 prospects from AFC (random order)

Ji Dong Won (South Korea/20/F) - Sunderland
Son Heung-Min (South Korea/19/F) - Hamburg
Takashi Usami (Japan/19/M) - Bayern Munchen
Ryo Miyaichi (Japan/18/F) - Arsenal
Mustafa Amini (Australia/18/M) - Dortmund
Is that strange for an 18 year old??
Olele Olala is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2011, 13:51
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Star Player
 
Rothose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Teams: SV Hamburg
Posts: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric View Post
The two goals he scored yesterday weren't spectacular..first one is clearly Neuer's fault and second is simply a tap-in..but, I'd like to give Son credit for recognizing the run in, he did understand a low cross would be played in from the right-wing and used his pace to get into the key space. This is just a pre-season game though and it's clear to me that Bayern's defence didn't quite take things 100%, not even on the second goal they conceded which is why we should simply wait until the Bundesliga-season gets away.

I'll say this though; Gökhan Töre should do well if he continues to play like he did yesterday, the stand out in HSV for me, personally. He's always looked pretty special, all the way from the U17's when playing with players who were a year older to now. First real season on senior level, I think we might see something positive coming from HSV with Oenning coaching them, Dirkmeier is already one of the positives thus far. They should just be incredibly happy that Veh is long gone.
We are, dude, we are !

Wouldn't call the 1st goal 'nothing special' btw. Of course it was not spectacular but it was scored from a very sharp angle and the corridor into which Son had to put the ball to find the net was quite small because Badstuber and Gustavo where standing around there and may have blocked the ball otherwise.

Rothose is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2011, 08:38
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
Legend
 
Fangio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Posts: 18,041
Luisito Suarez el oriental

"De cada 10 personas que ven televisión...5 son la mitad"
Fangio is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2011, 05:08 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
Overclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Teams: Italy NT
Posts: 8,869

Last edited by Overclass; August 14th, 2011 at 05:16.
Overclass is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2011, 05:41
Star Player
 
Xxavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2010
Posts: 3,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclass View Post
Man, the comments in that video are so brutally ****ed up
Japan vs Korea going on.

A lot of Koreans are saying they are glad about the earthquake and tsunami. My God, what kind of idiots are they, ****ing trash.
Xxavi is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2011, 07:07 Thread Starter
World Class Player
 
Overclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Teams: Italy NT
Posts: 8,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxavi View Post
Man, the comments in that video are so brutally ****ed up
Japan vs Korea going on.

A lot of Koreans are saying they are glad about the earthquake and tsunami. My God, what kind of idiots are they, ****ing trash.
fake korean...maybe japan peoplep
Overclass is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome