Your countries top 5 talent 2011 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 12:28 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Your countries top 5 talent 2011

In memory of the old thread by Deano from 2003. Many were pretty accurate in their lists with players like Robben, Cassano and Rooney topping.

Make two lists. One U-20 and one 21-23 year old.

I am not qualified to make a Swedish one, but may make a Italian one.

Last edited by Johan; March 10th, 2011 at 17:06.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 12:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Good thread I will come back to it later with my answers

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 16:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

In all honesty I think our era of the last couple years for 21-23 was quite a dead one, so I am going to just do a top 5 of Under 20's for Italy.

Italy

1. Mario Balotelli (Man City, age 20)

The potential is huge, but fulfilling it is quite a different matter. His record so far in England has been quite good, especially considering his injury problems since arriving. He can become quite fantastic for club and country, but his mentality means he can be quite a failiure too. We will see.

2. Michele Camporese (Fiorentina, age 18)

A defender with the class and elegance of Ranocchia who is just beginning to break through. I hope within a couple of years, Italy do not wait too long and pair this guy up with Ranocchia. Already played a number of games with the Fiorentina first team and played an excellent game on his U21 debut against England. Probably the problem of Italian football is highlighted when Cesare Natali (hack) still gets most games in front of him even though Camporese has been very assured on his starts until now.

3. Lorenzo Tassi (Brescia, age 16)

Just turnt 16 and according to most who have seen him, quite the player in the youth levels of Italy and was already playing 2 years above his age. Now in the Brescia primavera, many think he could well be playing for the first team quite soon. A trequartista, likened to Baggio, he is actually a skillful player Italy can look forward too once again.

4. Lorenzo Crisetig (Inter, age 18)

From what I have seen of him he looks like another very powerful midfielder, which is what you need to be in the modern day. Maybe not technically the best, but a very good ball winner and his passing range is still not bad. Already a member of the Inter squad and Italy U21 squad at the age of 16. 2 years has passed by, and though still not making it to the senior level yet, there is alot of hope for this kid.

5. Davide Santon (Cesena/Inter, age 20)

Not given up hope on this kid just yet. Now getting regular Serie A minutes on loan at Cesena, I expect him to be back at Inter sometime soon and a regular in their startling line-up. He seems to have found his form out on loan, and a player who at 17 marked Cristiano Ronaldo out of a CL tie must have some ability. He is very elegant on the ball from this position, I still expect alot.

Honeorable mentions from me at Crescenzi, a fullback owned by Roma. Fabbrini a fantasista of Empoli. Macheda who most would know. De Vitis an engine in the midfield of Parma primavera and Carraro a trequartista of Fiorentina.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 16:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Croatia

21-23
1. Dejan Lovren (Lyon; defender; 1989)
2. Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla; midfielder; 1988)
3. Ivan Perisic (Club Brugge; midfielder; 1989)
4. Nikola Kalinic (Blackburn; forward; 1988)
5. Domagoj Vida (Bayer Leverkusen; defender; 1989)

*The first three I feel fairly comfortable with, Rakitic is pretty much already established but I still think he can improve. Lovren has stepped up this season with Lyon. Perisic will go to one of the top leagues this summer. The last two were kind of "iffy" but thats expected for a small country. Kalinic has his moments but to me is not convincing and even struggling to get games at a lower EPL club. Vida has not played much with Leverkusen but he is a talented defender, some argued better than Lovren but I think Lovren has surpassed him so far

U20
1. Sime Vrsaljko (Dinamo Zagreb; defender; 1992)
2. Matej Delac (Chelsea/Vitesse; goalkeeper; 1992)
3. Ante Vukusic (Hajduk Split; forward; 1991)
4. Filip Ozobic (Spartak Moscow; midfielder; 1991)
5. Zvonko Pamic (Bayer Leverkusen/Freiburg; midfielder; 1991)

*These were the key players who helped Croatia make the semifinals of the U19 tournament in France and qualified for the U20 World Cup. Vrsaljko is probably Croatia's biggest talent and will make a move to a top league this summer (rumored Tottenham already bought him). Delac is a talented goalkeeper, was already playing in the Croatian league at 16 years old and Chelsea bought him, but he is not playing at Vitesse. Vukusic is currently the top scorer in the Croatian league. He has talent but needs to improve on finishing. Both Ozobic and Pamic are not playing playing much for their clubs rights now but they were both key players for that Croatia U19 team
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 16:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Brilliant.

I'll start by making a list of talented players from Serbia. The biggest prospects are probably the guys I've marked in red, although there's other really interesting players, some of the players who aren't marked are too young or simply yet to show up on senior level.

Goalkeepers
Branimir Aleksić (FK Spartak Subotica, 24.12.1990)
Aleksandar Kirovski (FK Zemun, 25.12.1990)
Marko Dmitrović (FK Crvena Zvezda, 24.01.1992)

Review: Aleksić have come up big for Spartak Subotica this season after they lost their first choice keeper to a foreign club and he's had ten clean sheets. I also like Kirovski who should've made the move to Super Liga a long time ago from Zemun, good goalkeeper who also featured in Serbia's run in the U19 Euros in 2009. Dmitrović, well, hardly seen him play but he's supposed to be a talented keeper.

Defenders
Vujadin Savić (Bordeaux, CB, 01.07.1990)
Milan Milanović (US Città di Palermo, CB, 31.03.1991)
Milan Rodić (OFK Beograd, LB/CB, 02.04.1991)
Marko Petković (OFK Beograd, RB/RW/LW, 03.09.1992)
Uroš Ćosić (CSKA Moscow, centre-back, on loan at FK Crvena Zvezda, 24.10.1992)
Matija Nastasić (FK Partizan, 28.03.1993)
Filip Stojković (FK Crvena Zvezda, RB, 22.01.1993)
Vojno Ješić (FC Köln, RB/RW, 04.03.1994)

Review: Ćosić is a very exciting prospect who's already been signed by CSKA Moscow but is currently on loan at Zvezda, where it all began, one time. Nastasić is most likely signing with Fiorentina in the summer, these two are our most talented CB's at the moment and he's likened to Vidić, I guess Viola still can't get over the fact that they lost him to United all those years ago..Serbia have had problems at right-back in the past couple of years when Ivanović haven't been fit, we can't find a decent back-up, right now though, we've got three exciting prospects; Petković and Stojković plus a guy called Ješić who plays for Köln and was recently called up to the U17's who's one of their biggest prospects.

Midfielders
Nenad Krstičić (UC Sampdoria, AMC, 03.09.1990)
Slobodan Medojević (FK Vojvodina, DM, 20.11.1990)
Aleksandar Ignjovski (1860 Münich, DM/LB, 27.01.1991)
Saša Marković (OFK Beograd, DM, 13.03.1991)
Adem Ljajić (ACF Fiorentina, AMC/RW, 29.09.1991)
Filip Đuričić (sc Heerenveen, AMC, 30.01.1992)
Darko Brašanac (FK Partizan, DM, 12.02.1992)
Andrej Mrkela (FK Crvena Zvezda, on loan at FK Rad, RW, 09.04.1992)
Luka Milunović (OFK Beograd, AMC, 21.12.1992)
Lazar Marković (FK Partizan, AMC, 02.03.1994)
Filip Janković (FK Crvena Zvezda, AMC/SS, 17.01.1995)

Review: Ljajić is obvious, Đuričić as well, we're missing a player of their profile on the NT at the moment and have been since Dragan Stojković retired. As for the defensive midfielders; Ignjovski is destined for Bundesliga next season, a integral part of 1860's team at the moment while players like Marković and Medojević are important for their respective clubs in Serbia. Krstičić is a talented player but he had a blood disease which stopped him from progressing like he should've, finally back and doing well for Samp's Primavera-team, if anyone deserves some luck and success, it's this guy. Two very young players in Marković and Janković; the first guy is basically one of Partizan's biggest prospects as well as the Serbian U17's who'll be hosting the U17 Euros, Janković is a neat little dribbler, very interesting, already attracting a lot of interest from big clubs in Europe.

Strikers
Stefan Šćepović (Club Brugge, on loan at Kortrijk, SS/ST, 10.01.1990)
Danijel Aleksić (Genoa CFC, on loan at Greuther Fürth, SS/ST, 30.04.1991)
Marko Šćepović (FK Partizan, ST, 23.05.1991)
Ognjen Ožegović (FK Crvena Zvezda, ST, 09.06.1994)

Review: Serbia's biggest problem, without a doubt. The Šćepović-brothers are important for the youth NT's, I think Marko is perhaps the better player. Aleksić is the golden player from the U17 Euros in 2008, plays for Greuther Fürth now on loan from Genoa and is one of few finishers we've got to look forward to. I've yet to see Ožegović though who's very young but has scored loads of goals for the youth NT's.

There are other players as well, of course, but it'll make the list endless..and it already is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 16:51
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Liverpool FC
Hector Moreno
Club AZ
Age 23
POSITION CB
Rafa Marquez replacement. Out of one of the best academies is Mexico UNAM where Hugo Sanchez came from.

Efrain Juarez
Club Celtic
Age 23
POSITION RB
Great going forward but lacks a bit on D, like most full backs now days. Also from UNAM i believe.

Pablo Barrera
Club West Ham
Age 23
Position RW
Great winger playing for West Ham, one of the most talented Mexican players right now can beat his man with tricks or speed. Also from UNAM youth team.

Jonathan Dos Santos
Club FC Barcelona
Age 20
Position CM
Giovani little brother, plays for Barcelona B in Spain second division. From La Masia.

Giovani Dos Santos
Club Racing Santander
Age 21
Position AM
Every one know about him, plays great for Mexico but hasn't been able to play regularly club football. Hopefully he starts to get some minutes at Racing Santander. From La Masia.

Carlos Vela
Club Arsenal
Age 22
Position FW
Speedy froward who can play wide too, on loan at the moment with West Brom scored two goals so far for them. He's from the Chivas del Guadalajara youth team.

Javier Hernandez
Club Manchester United
Age 22
Position FW
Fast forward and very clinical, having a great season with United and scoring couple of crucial goals. From Chivas de Guadalajara youth team.

Edgar Pacheco
Club Atlas
Age 21
Position LW
Very fast and tricky winger that plays for Atlas, plays in same position as Guaradado. Both from the Atlas youth team. He made his debut against Bosnia-Herzegovina, where he was MOM.

those are the most well known 20-23, except maybe Pacheco who looks to be the next talent to come from Mexico. Ill post the not very well know ones later today.

Last edited by Nesty; March 10th, 2011 at 18:17.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 17:54
Legend

Teams: Liverpool
England under 20 - Jack Wilshere, Josh Mceachran, RAHEEM STERLING, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Rodwell
21-23 - Martin Kelly, Daniel Sturridge, Joe Hart, Theo Walcott, Adam Johnson

Not much thought into it, just random names that come to mind.

lucas21

Last edited by SM Online; March 10th, 2011 at 18:01.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 20:22
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
Brazil:

Neymar, Ganso, Casemiro, Lucas (sp), Dentinho, Giuliano, Phillipe Coutinho among others.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 20:37
10'un Adi Lefter
World Class Player

Teams: Fenerbahçe, Juventus, PSV, Santos
Ze, when is Dentinho coming to Fenerbahce?

Necip Uysal (Besiktas, DM; born 24 January 1991)
Star comparison: Javier Mascherano
Still very raw, Necip has perhaps the highest ceiling of the current generation. Has potential to be #2 DM for the next two years and then leapfrog Topal/Selcuk for #1 by 2014/2016. Good size and skill. Physically imposing.

Batuhan Karadeniz (Eskisehirspor, FW; born 24 April 1991)
Star comparison: A stronger version of Hakan Sukur
The biggest Turkish prospect ever? An absolute goal machine at youth level, which is unsurprising due to his 1.94m frame. His size is God-given, as well as his target man abilities, but has severe attitude problems. Need to acquire better attitude before hitting any of his potential. At his current level he is a lower-table player. Potentially, can play at Top 4 level in any league.

Gokay Iravul (Fenerbahce, CM; born 18 October 1992)
Star comparison: Emre/Iniesta
Combining stamina, skill and surprising physical ability in a tiny 1.71m frame, Gokay has drawn comparisons to Emre. Gokay has shown ability to play deep, but can also push forward and wide, reminiscent of Iniesta. Will battle Ekici for the second CM spot next to Nuri once Emre retires.

Okan Alkan (Fenerbahce, RWB; born 1 October 1992)
Star comparison: Gokhan Gonul/Cafu
Roberto Carlos called him the next Cafu at the age of 16, and Okan has shown glimpses. However, his attitude hasn't matched his footballing ability yet. Until then, Okan is still a very raw player. Speed and passing, or more specific, crossing ability, are his strongest attributes. Right now he's more suited as a wing back or a winger, but with some improvement he can become an apt backup for Gokhan Gonul at RB.

Here's a list of other Turks that have lots of potential: Mehmet Ekici, Tunay Torun (both already capped under Hiddink), Baris Basdas, Sahin Aygunes (two more German-Turks), Muhammet Demir, Orhan Gulle (Gaziantepspor), Sercan Yildirim, Serdar Aziz, Ismail Odabasi, Mehmet Sak (Bursaspor), Ozgur Cek, Turgut Sahin (Ankaragucu), Burak Kaplan

There's also Muhammed Demirci, who was "supposedly" link to Barca a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
That was a shot. However, when he hits those trivelas one of two things happen-

1-Joshua has an orgasm.

2-Queresma scoress, and Joshua has an orgasm.

This time he got a lucky assist, but you can still bet Joshua had an orgasm.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 22:06
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

I really hope NEVER

I wish he went to a top club in Europe... but I doubt. be a top squad player at any top team though. Not a starter, must admit.

I love him!... Corinthians born and bread... the eternal son of Ronaldo
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 23:57
Forum Manager
International

Argentina (U-20)

1. Erik Lamela (River); 18 years old enganche
2. Manuel Lanzini (River); 17 years old enganche
3. Juan Iturbe (Cerro Porteno); 17 years old winger
4. German Pezzella (River); 19 years old center back/sweeper
5. Roberto Perreyra (River); 19 years old right winger

Age 21 - 23:

1. Javier Pastore (Palermo) / Ever Banega (Valencia)
3. Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid)
4. Pablo Piatti (Almeria)
5. Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal)
6. Diego Perotti (Sevilla)
7. Nicolas Otamendi (Porto)
8. Nico Gaitan (Benfica)
9. Toto Salvio (Benfica)
10. Matias DeFederico (Independiente)

Aguero is probably too established to be here.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 00:00
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Nindra

I saw otamendi playing for POrto today. He is also in my fantasy team.

Is that a different one? let me know.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 00:01
Abz
African WC haha
International

Teams: The Arsenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM Online View Post
England under 20 - Jack Wilshere, Josh Mceachran, RAHEEM STERLING, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jack Rodwell
21-23 - Martin Kelly, Daniel Sturridge, Joe Hart, Theo Walcott, Adam Johnson

Not much thought into it, just random names that come to mind.
Haha no bias there,

Gibbs? Aneke, Moses, Afobe, Welbeck.....

Aaron Ramsey
Gotta love the Utd fans, one min hes Keane and Gerrard put together, soon as they find out hes not signing for them hes shite and they dont need him

Malcolm X

"You cant separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom"

NEVER FORGET THAT A LIFE IS A LIFE NO MATTER WHERE !!

yes this is for you lap dogs
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 04:32
Forum Manager
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Nindra

I saw otamendi playing for POrto today. He is also in my fantasy team.

Is that a different one? let me know.
Its the same one. He moved last summer. Still gets alot of sticks from Argie supporters for the horrendous world cup, but he is a nice talent to keep an eye on.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 04:41
"4"
Star Player

Teams: Galatasaray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canbek View Post
Ze, when is Dentinho coming to Fenerbahce?

Necip Uysal (Besiktas, DM; born 24 January 1991)
Star comparison: Javier Mascherano
Still very raw, Necip has perhaps the highest ceiling of the current generation. Has potential to be #2 DM for the next two years and then leapfrog Topal/Selcuk for #1 by 2014/2016. Good size and skill. Physically imposing.

Batuhan Karadeniz (Eskisehirspor, FW; born 24 April 1991)
Star comparison: A stronger version of Hakan Sukur
The biggest Turkish prospect ever? An absolute goal machine at youth level, which is unsurprising due to his 1.94m frame. His size is God-given, as well as his target man abilities, but has severe attitude problems. Need to acquire better attitude before hitting any of his potential. At his current level he is a lower-table player. Potentially, can play at Top 4 level in any league.

Gokay Iravul (Fenerbahce, CM; born 18 October 1992)
Star comparison: Emre/Iniesta
Combining stamina, skill and surprising physical ability in a tiny 1.71m frame, Gokay has drawn comparisons to Emre. Gokay has shown ability to play deep, but can also push forward and wide, reminiscent of Iniesta. Will battle Ekici for the second CM spot next to Nuri once Emre retires.

Okan Alkan (Fenerbahce, RWB; born 1 October 1992)
Star comparison: Gokhan Gonul/Cafu
Roberto Carlos called him the next Cafu at the age of 16, and Okan has shown glimpses. However, his attitude hasn't matched his footballing ability yet. Until then, Okan is still a very raw player. Speed and passing, or more specific, crossing ability, are his strongest attributes. Right now he's more suited as a wing back or a winger, but with some improvement he can become an apt backup for Gokhan Gonul at RB.

Here's a list of other Turks that have lots of potential: Mehmet Ekici, Tunay Torun (both already capped under Hiddink), Baris Basdas, Sahin Aygunes (two more German-Turks), Muhammet Demir, Orhan Gulle (Gaziantepspor), Sercan Yildirim, Serdar Aziz, Ismail Odabasi, Mehmet Sak (Bursaspor), Ozgur Cek, Turgut Sahin (Ankaragucu), Burak Kaplan

There's also Muhammed Demirci, who was "supposedly" link to Barca a few years ago.

To add:

Gökhan Töre (Chelsea, winger born 1992)
Star comparison: Arjen Robben
Right now he plays for Chelseas reserves, seems to be playing pretty decent for them lately from what I've seen from highlights ONLY. He might get some playing time with Chelseas first team next season.

Emre Colak (Galatasaray, offensive midfielder, born 1991)
Star comparison: ?
He got some playing time under Frank Rijkaard but hasn't really showed his skills very much, scored a couple of goals in the cup last season, also managed to score a goal in the league. But this season he has been pretty disappointing. Too skinny, needs to gain more weight and be stronger, looks like a kid playing against men out there alm:

Cenk Tosun (Gaziantepspor, forward, born 1991)
Star comparison: Fernando Torres/Gonzalo Higuain
Played for Frankfurt but didn't get much playing time with Gekas scoring goals like crazy this season. Went to Gaziantepspor and has been pretty hyped up scoring goals every week. If he can keep it up I'm sure one of the big Istanbul teams will snap him up, might play for the NT in the near future!
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 11:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
In all honesty I think our era of the last couple years for 21-23 was quite a dead one, so I am going to just do a top 5 of Under 20's for Italy.

I'll do it for you.

Well, it's clear that among the guys who were born in 1988 and 1989 there are no new Baggio, Maldini,...

My first choices are:

Andrea Poli (1989) - CM, Sampdoria - sorry for the bias, but this center midfielder is classy. He just misses a bit of experience, a team around him... and a powerful shot. The guy should probably eat some steaks.

Andrea Mazzarani (1989) - AM, Modena (Udinese) - this guy is the one who impressed me in the last under 20 WC, because he is tough and skilled enough. The fact that Udinese own him should tell you that he is at least promising.

Angelo Ogbonna (1988) - CB/LB, Torino - I believe that sooner or later there will be the explosion of this guy, who has both a strong physique and a soft left foot.

Two more when I have more time!
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 11:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I like Bonaventura of Atalanta also may aswell mention Ranocchia

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 13:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I like Bonaventura of Atalanta also may aswell mention Ranocchia
Yeah, Ranocchia is an obvious choice. Goodventure hasn't impressed me instead.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 13:28 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
As far as bias goes I would pimp Paloschi again. He might leave his injury problems behind him now and turn into the new Inzaghi I hope.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 13:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Paloschi is a good shout considering his decent form since joining Genoa.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in