Barca's Thiago a star in the making - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2010, 08:39 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: FC Barcelona
Thiago Alcantara

The next superstar from Barca's famed La Masia. Iniesta in the making.

02/05/2009
Estadio : Santiago Bernabéu
Real Madrid 2 - 6 FC Barcelona
Higuain 14'
Thierry Henry 17'
Carles Puyol 20'
Lionel Messi 35'
Sergio Ramos 56'
Thierry Henry 58'
Lionel Messi 75'
Gerard Piqué 82'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2010, 14:22
Forum Manager
Star Player

Holy moly! Why didn't I think of this, well too bad..
One hell of a player in the making. What I like about him is that he has an even better eye for a trough ball than both Xavi and Iniesta. Really excellent vision in this kid.
BUT i'm still pissed he didn't accept med on facebook!

FC BARCELONA proud sponsor of ARSENAL FC since 2000 :frownani:
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2010, 14:27
Forum Manager
Star Player

The usual youtube clips:

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2010, 14:28
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Team Samaras
Thiago and Keko are probably the most talented guys from generation 91' in Spain and they're scary by all means.

Thiago should do like his father and go to Valencia

Traitors of forum #73
EclipsE
King Kenny7
Famigerato19
Crazy4TheCrew (Loco4LosChe)
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2010, 13:51
Forum Manager
Star Player

Thiago: “I hope this can continue”

Just like Jonathan dos Santos (19) – who was praised by everyone for his performance on his debut on Saturday, there were also good remarks levelled at Thiago Alcantara (18) for his composed display on Tuesday despite the defeat.

The Brazilian-born player, in his first official match for the first team, started the match alongside Andres Iniesta and Rafael Marquez in midfield. Against Sevilla, one of the top teams in Spain, it was sort of a trial by fire for the young player. He played for 70 minutes before being replaced by the player he hopes to emulate, Xavi Hernandez.

A match that will always be remembered by him, Thiago reminisce about the moment, “I only found out that I would be in the starting eleven a few minutes before the match, and I was not expecting it.”

“I hope that this can continue.”

Demonstrating his maturity beyond his years, Thiago was not awestruck by the stage or the opponent, giving an impressive display all-round.

“It is the only way I know how to play,” was his reply, noting his gratitude to his seniors for their treatment and advice before the match, “They are a fantastic group of players,” the player said.

Denying that he has a strong character, Thiago said, “It is not my personality. I have a lot of respect for everyone, but sometimes, that is just how I am on the pitch.”

Asked what he thinks of the coach, the player said, “Even though Pep has a serious personality, I have never seen him mad.”

Finally, touching the team’s chances of in the Copa, Thiago thinks that they can still qualify even though it is “tough.”

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2010, 14:38
Forum Manager
Star Player

Fran Sanchez: “Thiago is a virtuoso”

The first coach of Thiago Alcántara at La Masia, Francesc Sanchez Bas, stresses the potential of the young midfielder. According to Fran, “Thiago is the finest example of virtuosity with the ball.” Thiago Alcantara’s debut as a starter in an official match against Sevilla FC at the Camp Nou might have been subdued due to the defeat, but the midfielders playing was one of the most positive aspects of the first leg of the round of sixteen of the Copa Del Rey.

Thiago Alcantara signed for Barça in 2005 at the age of 14 along with his brother Rafa Alcantara (16), who is currently plying his trade in the Juvenil A side just two steps away from the first team. Fran was the coach of that team which included great talents like, Thiago Alcantara, Gai Assulin, Marti Riverola, Marc Barta, Martin Montoya, Ruben Rochina, Dani Pacheco, among others.

The current coach of the Cadet A was from the outset, fascinated by the quality of that young pearl of 14 years: “Thiago has football in his blood, he was by far the best player when he had ball. Gradually he learned to use his talent for the benefit of the team and this made him an even better player.”

Fran has worked with many players with great skill in the Barca ranks, but according to him Thiago’s technique and power to imbalance is unique: “I think he is the finest example of virtuosity with the ball. When the ball is at his feet he is amazing, he can do anything.”

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2010, 17:07
BANNED!
International

More like the new Deco to me. Amazing youth prospect. Every team drools for La Masia
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:33
World Class Player

Teams: Atletico Madrid, Chelsea
Barca's Thiago a star in the making

Italian born Thiago seem like he is going to mature into a very very good player. The next Ronaldinho?

Last edited by Redhat Pellegrini; January 3rd, 2011 at 05:41.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:35
World Class Player

I can't see the videos!

ohh Thanx Redhat

Last edited by Calcio100; January 3rd, 2011 at 08:49.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 15:59
Canonized
Xtratime Legend

Teams: TIMAO & Selecao Canarinha
he is the son of Mazinho, world cup winner 94. it´s in the DNA of Brazil.... not La Masia
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 16:39
World Class Player

I thought he was Italian!

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 17:11
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid
hes a brilliant talent. only saw him in proper games with the spanish youth squad, but boy can he read a game. this is a ready-made xavi replacement. a couple of years playing copa matches, a few sub appearances, filling in for injuries and he'll be set to go. fantastic footballer.

"A problem in my heart compels me to retire but my heart is still beating Real Madrid"

Ruben De la Red

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 17:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

He was superb with the Spanish U17's a couple of years ago, Santistebán called it the most talented generation he had managed and he had been in charge since 1989 until he retired in 2008 when Thiago and the 1991's beat France 4-0.

The guy is a great player though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 17:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcio100 View Post
I thought he was Italian!
He can be Italian and the son of Mazinho.

He can even be Italian, the son of Mazinho and a Masia product.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 17:25
cam
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Ross County, Green Bay Packers
Isn't there a Rising Stars forum this would be better suited for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan2009 View Post
we need to do something about moral relativism because it's really damaging the air condition. there's alot of harassing going on out there, specially during the night, and they use moral relativism to justify it.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2011, 17:43
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Willard View Post
Isn't there a Rising Stars forum this would be better suited for?
WFF needs 20 moderators. It is so easy for a thread to be misplaced here:rollani:

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2011, 00:00
Star Player

I think he is going to be better than any current midfielder of Brazil NT. Thiago is a world class talent.

However, I am not sure if he will choose Brazil. I think Italy is pretty much out of question, even if he was born there and has citizenship. And when it comes to Brazil vs Spain, I think Spain has an advantage, looking at the fact that he played for Spanish youth sides.

He has Brazilian blood, but did he ever live in Brazil? If not, I can see why he won't feel as much Brazilian. It will be a great loss to Brazil, looking at the shit they have right now. The kid has talent, and with La Masia's ingredients, he is looking to be the best in the world in his position.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2011, 22:04
red
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Rep. of Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxavi View Post

He has Brazilian blood, but did he ever live in Brazil? If not, I can see why he won't feel as much Brazilian. It will be a great loss to Brazil, looking at the shit they have right now. The kid has talent, and with La Masia's ingredients, he is looking to be the best in the world in his position.

Hernanes is already one of the best midfielders in Serie A, Ganso will be huge, and then Coutinho if he keeps up his current rate of progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacka View Post

It's not as if the centipede would have a functioning digestive system.

I could glue a couple of pieces of cardboard as wings onto my car, but I wouldn't call it a functioning flying car even if it would be able to "fly" 50 meters if I drove it at full speed off a cliff.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old January 6th, 2011, 00:33
Gracies, Turkiye!
Legend

Teams: Un Crit Valent
It was harsh, but considering what they fielded in the world cup and who they used to have.. its an apparent fall from grace. I think Motta without all his injuries that almost ruined his career could have been capped for them as well. Meh who am I kidding, they've shunned their midfield artists since that football tragedy back in 1982. :undecide: p Ganso, Coutinho and Hernanes will probably end up on the wing..
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2011, 08:58
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by red View Post

Hernanes is already one of the best midfielders in Serie A, Ganso will be huge, and then Coutinho if he keeps up his current rate of progress
To be honest, I said shit more referring to the fact that in recent years they used Gilberto Silva, who hardly moves around, Lucas Leiva, Ramires, Elano and Melo etc. Ganso and Hernanes MIGHT be huge, but AFAIK, they weren't first choice, were they?

For me, Thiago has potential to be far better than any of G. Silva, Lucas Leiva, Ramires or Melo, even if he doesn't directly compare to them because he is not a defensive midfielder. I do not know much about Ganso or Hernanes.

PS The above named players are "shit" by Brazil's own high standards of course. Some other countries would be glad to have them. The point is, Thiago has more talent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in