‘la Joya’ - 'The Jewel' - Abel Hernandez. - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2010, 18:42 Thread Starter
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
‘la Joya’ - 'The Jewel' - Abel Hernandez.

First of all sorry if he was mentioned before, but I searched his name and found no thread about him, and I think he deserves one.

Now that Cavani seems to be keen to move out of Palermo and take his career to the next level, I tip this young 19 year old striker to step up and be the next big thing in the Seria A(although he was before too), and blend in into the very promising and fun to watch side of Palermo.

He was great in the times he was given a chance at Palermo so far, especiely for me against Fiorentina when he was just clinical... the speed the technique, the finishing is all there, and in my opinion all he really needs is a constant place in the starting 11 to show the world who he really is.

Again now that Cavani is out, he's gonna be made a first team player, atleast I hope so.. and I think him and Pastore partnership is gonna bring some light into the Seria A next year, and will make all of us enjoy to see them play, forming a killer duo.

Can't wait to see him get his groove on this upcomming season, shame he wasn't picked to this worldcup as he would impress alot of people... but I do think it was the right call to take Abreu all in all, and none of Suarez, Cavani and Forlan should have been dropped either, but his time will come some day.

So heres to Abel Hernandez, a future star in the making!

I see no one hardly gives an opinion without a little youtube, so :

Last edited by Stanko 05; August 12th, 2010 at 03:38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2010, 12:38
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan
i think abel will be amazing, very complete player and a very fast/physically strong player too.

next season will be a big breakout for him, palermo have an exceptional team and i really like the way their management is taking it
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2010, 03:42
Rising Star

Teams: SSC Napoli, SMCV Gladiator
Selling Cavani is a no brainer for Palermo. Hernandez is more than able to fill his shoes

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2010, 23:38
Forum Manager
International

Hopefully he gets more starts next season. He performed better than Cavani in the minutes he got last season.
Though I think Santiago Garcia, Abel's U-20 partner in Toulon last year, has more potential than either of these.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2010, 03:24 Thread Starter
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well after banging in goals in preseason left and right so far, he got his first cap on the Celeste unifrom, and scored on his debut!

Boy looks like he in shape and just waits for the gates to be open, so he can eat everyone else alive!

Don't think anyone can move him from the starting spot right now.. he's good to go!

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2010, 20:11
Forum Manager
International

yeah, but pressure will be on him to perform consistently as another fine player, Maccarone, will always be creeping.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2010, 06:34
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
He looks a decent player thus far. Quick, jinky, technically good with lots of tricks and flicks. Definetly not the finished article but he has got the athletsicm and natural ability to be what seems a top striker.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2010, 11:12
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by millwall rule View Post
He looks a decent player thus far. Quick, jinky, technically good with lots of tricks and flicks. Definetly not the finished article but he has got the athletsicm and natural ability to be what seems a top striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2010, 12:24
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
Firdaus, you should know by now, im the king of cliches

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2010, 23:23 Thread Starter
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

My boy is on fire! 2 more goals today to save Palermos ass from pulling a Sampdoria

Both goals are just fantastic! I thought his linkup with Pastore will be amazing, but man so far his linkup with Marcconne is awesome that second goal is just incredible!(Edit:that was not Mac, silly me)

In this rate he's gonna surpass my expectations from him, that are so high as it is.

Didn't see the game but as usuall in almost every game he plays, he is just DANGURASS.. this guy is just as lethal as they get.. when he gets the first team experience theres no stopping him... all game long he's so explosive, like a little fireball.

Best young striker in Europe right there.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

Last edited by Stanko 05; August 27th, 2010 at 04:11.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2010, 11:29 Thread Starter
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sky interview with la joya :

How has the season started out for you?

“We started off well, with the victory over Maribor in the Europa League. Instead in the campionato, up until now, we’ve stalled. However, we’re not worried and we will try to reverse the trend with the next match at home against Inter”.

You arrived in Italy a couple years ago. How was the transition?

“Everything had been facilitated by the presence of Edinson Cavani in Palermo. For me, he had been like a big brother. He helped me with Italian, and taught me a lot. He was close to me in everything. To say, he was the one who would take me home or bring me to training. He’s a great person. My signing with the rosanero? For me, a South American, the arrival in Palermo had been like realizing a dream. How long will I stay at Palermo? As long as possible, because I am good here. It’s my dream.”

Yet, you came close to leaving. Correct?

“It’s true. Last year, I asked to leave but only because I had the desire to play. I had needed more space. I was even willing to return to Uruguay if necessary. For this, I must thank the mister, Delio Rossi. He was fundamental for my staying in rosanero. He told me that it was important that I continue with my work in a calm manner and that I should think about training myself. And if I applied myself this way, I would find space automatically.”

How is your rapport with management and the fans?

“They are both exceptional. The fan base is hot and passionate. With the president, the rapport is truly excellent. As for my objectives for the season, I want to score goals in the double digits.”

How do you see Palermo in the Europa League?

“The ambitions of Palermo in the Europa League? I believe that we have a team and the right players to make an important trek. It will be fundamental to operate with small steps, thinking about each match and surpassing the group stage and on to the knockout round. I’m sure that we will go far.”

You made your debut for Uruguay. What next?

“Against Angola, I debuted and scored my first goal with the Celeste [Uruguayan sky blue] shirt – a joy truly unforgettable. I watched the World cup with great emotion. I was in Uruguay and I felt the enthusiasm of the people. The national team gave happiness to an entire country. Did I want to be there? Of course, and I understood that I will do everything to participate in the next edition of the World Cup in 2014 in Brasil. Beyond that, we’re close to home, and therefore, my enthusiasm is immense.”

==================================================

It's so nice to see how he enjoys the game.. his dances after goals are great too, reminds me of Santos

He had a slow start, but i'm sure once Miccoli returns, which he said could be even against Inter, things will be alot more easy for me to express himself.

Last edited by Stanko 05; September 14th, 2010 at 11:37.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old April 21st, 2011, 17:55 Thread Starter
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Took him a while to get his groove on this season with a nagging injury, but he's slowly getting it back, much due to the national team plays.

His goal against Milan last night

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2011, 16:11
XA14
Rising Star

Teams: Tottenham, Athletic
Wow. That's a finish and a half!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2011, 00:47
Star Player

What a rocket. Is his finishing that good or was it an uncharacteristic fluke?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2011, 06:27
Forum Manager
International

Not a fluke. The kid is talented, but hasn't found his feet this season.

He was the reason Cavani was sold ().

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in